Great Park: Shea Homes - Sagewood

By the next phase or two, it will no longer be "From the $900,000s".

Still best value for land size I think... average Rosemist lots, which are priced higher than Sagewood is 5500sf.

I wish Plan 1 and 2 had an additional bedroom/loft space.

To me, if you're skirting the million dollar range, it should at least be a 5/3.5, not a 4/3.

Lot size is a big driver for Sagewood.

If we were to buy in PP, this is would be what we are looking at even though we like Rosemist flooplans better.

I still think that anything over 2500sft should have at least 4 brs or 3brs and a loft upstairs.

Yeah... I don't like Plan 1 of Rosemist either... but I do prefer Plan 2 and 3 (with 2 being my favorite) over Sagewood.

In addition to any ~$1m/2500sft+ house needing an upstairs loft or extra br, there should also be a powder downstairs (1.5ba) so that also gives Sagewood 2 and 3 an advantage.

Finally had the chance to tour Sagewood this morning.  Been visiting PP around 10am for the past 2 weeks.  Kinda nice, no bratty kid(s), no other people touring models, have them all to myself.  Spoke with sales, sold out current phase.  Impressive, no other PP community can say that.  She asked what brought me here: I answered the 6000+ sq ft lots.  She smiles.  Mentions all the models are 6400+ lots.

Walk into plan 3 first.  It was kinda meh.  Hoping for nice entrance effect at 2941 sq ft but disappointed.  My current home is roughly 150 sq ft smaller.  And it has super high ceilings upon entrance.  The bedroom 4 suite is a deal breaker for me:  no option to create more/bigger living space and I don't have college kids nor older generations to house = wasted space.  Surprised the yard felt small at 6400 sq ft lot.  Again my current house sits on roughly the same size lot with a big slope in the back.  My yard feels twice as big as Sagewoods.  Disappointed. 

Plan 2 was next.  Loved the linear kitchen -> dining room -> super great room (who cares about a 3CG :) ).  I would definitely do the butlers pantry into the dining room.  Anyone know how much the super great room upgrade will cost?  Upstairs, no loft, but a good size deck for the two bedrooms. 

Plan 1 reminds me of IrvinePacific as I walked in.  Walked out, nuff said.

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
(who cares about a 3CG :) )
Hurtful. :(
I would definitely do the butlers pantry into the dining room.
Same here... add some O-flow to the floorplan.
Anyone know how much the super great room upgrade will cost?
I heard $5k but someone on this thread or another I think said $30k.

I was told it will cost 25k to extend the great room to super great room by the sales rep.

bones said:
IrvRes said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
(who cares about a 3CG :) )
Hurtful. :(
I would definitely do the butlers pantry into the dining room.
Same here... add some O-flow to the floorplan.
Anyone know how much the super great room upgrade will cost?
I heard $5k but someone on this thread or another I think said $30k.

I was told it will cost 25k to extend the great room to super great room by the sales rep.

Yup. Used to be 5k but they raised it to $25k starting with phase 3. Was a no brainer at $5k but now at $25k - you prob think a bit harder. You would prob still do it since interior space is more valuable than 3 car tandem (except to IHO).  It does make the great room super long. LR is far from kitchen. Not great when u have guests and are entertaining.

great. they do less work than necessary for the 3 car tandem and yet they charge you $25K - suckers!

I think the 3 car tandem is less work because you don't have to worry about finishes, multiple outlets etc.

The question here is will it cost less than 25k to expand it yourself? Or turn the tandem into another room, den, game room etc?

Back