Great Park Neighborhoods

aquabliss said:
I hate it when you make sense!  I thought those supplemental taxes on my closing costs were tax deductible.  Drat.

Those taxes you paid at closing are tax deductible. You paid them indirectly to the county via reimbursement to the seller. They just are not supplemental taxes

I got my bill yesterday

i think the land is 450K and Improvement is 150K * 0.01.
(NOTE, this price is way less than my purchase price.)

Irvine CFD 2013-3 is 6K.

+ other small fee

= around 12K

I closed on end of April 2014.  Does this mean I will get a supplemental tax bill?

yaliu07 said:
I got my bill yesterday

i think the land is 450K and Improvement is 150K * 0.01.
(NOTE, this price is way less than my purchase price.)

Irvine CFD 2013-3 is 6K.

+ other small fee

= around 12K

I closed on end of April 2014.  Does this mean I will get a supplemental tax bill?

yes you will. you can double check yourself. is the taxable value on your bill lower than your purchase price? if so, you will get a supplemental bill.

i1 said:
So far, 660+ homes have been sold at PP out 725 total. So ~65 remain.
The communities with the most remaining to be sold are Beechwood with 20, Melrose with 13 and Birch Trail with 8.
Sold means either having closed escrow or in contract with deposit.

YEAH..  time to lower my HOA fee again....  now, we have more suckers to paid for HOA

never understand why beachwood has so many problem selling the house....

yaliu07 said:
i1 said:
The communities with the most remaining to be sold are Beechwood with 20, Melrose with 13 and Birch Trail with 8.

YEAH..  time to lower my HOA fee again....  now, we have more suckers to paid for HOA

Yeah... just dipped below $150.

Not sure why either.  Possibly some layout issues.  They had one house where the master was downstairs w/ another bedroom.. then the two kid rooms upstairs.  Then there are the next gen homes.  Wasn't broad line enough.

jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:
i1 said:

Not sure why either.  Possibly some layout issues.  They had one house where the master was downstairs w/ another bedroom.. then the two kid rooms upstairs.  Then there are the next gen homes.  Wasn't broad line enough.
Their prices were fair but with us having young kids, the downstairs master made the floorplan a non-starter and those next gen layouts are just funky. 

Bullsback said:
jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:
i1 said:

Their prices were fair but with us having young kids, the downstairs master made the floorplan a non-starter and those next gen layouts are just funky.

Yeah I think Lennar should have been a little more flexible with it.. in case someone wanted it to be a regular bedroom instead.. just provide some options on that. 

If anyone is interested in a new build with a lot of land, go check out this one:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/161-Cloudbreak-92618/home/66194552

They have an open house this Fri/Sat/Sun - basically they just leave the door unlocked for you to go in and walk around. 

The back yard is HUGE (nearly 10k sq ft lot).  I mean amazingly huge for a new Irvine build.  The house is relatively small, single story and 3 bedroom, but I don't think we'll see another Irvine lot this enormous for under $1M in who knows when.

The only reason  I can think that this hasn't sold is because it's in a T intersection.  I know its a feng shui thing but also probably very annoying at night if you're in  the kitchen and headlights are shining at you. 

If you can get past that and have the $ to drop on an awesome back yard, it's probably worth it.

aquabliss said:
If anyone is interested in a new build with a lot of land, go check out this one:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/161-Cloudbreak-92618/home/66194552

They have an open house this Fri/Sat/Sun - basically they just leave the door unlocked for you to go in and walk around. 

The back yard is HUGE (nearly 10k sq ft lot).  I mean amazingly huge for a new Irvine build.  The house is relatively small, single story and 3 bedroom, but I don't think we'll see another Irvine lot this enormous for under $1M in who knows when.

The only reason  I can think that this hasn't sold is because it's in a T intersection.  I know its a feng shui thing but also probably very annoying at night if you're in  the kitchen and headlights are shining at you. 

If you can get past that and have the $ to drop on an awesome back yard, it's probably worth it.

And be ready to spend more than 100K on landscaping.  Also didn't Hawthorn have some 10,000 sq feet lots?

NYT said:
aquabliss said:

So, out of 17 pictures, 16 of them are of the model and community, and just one of the front of the house.

I don't think any of those pics are of the house. Stupid of them not to take a pic of the backyard. But yea, def $100k+ landscaping job for sure - needs a pool!  Would be a waste for someone to buy this and do concrete jungle. Or lay down all grass.

That's correct bones - all the pics in the listing are pictures of the model home (including the front of the house). 

Here's a picture of the back yard taken from the back of the house.  It's hard to really get a perspective from the pic but it's quite deep, and winds waaaay around to the other side.

Also the location from the back is decent.  There is a row of houses on the left, but good privacy on the right and behind as there are no homes directly behind. 

xqmbns.jpg

Broadcom buys land for new Irvine campus for $128 million
March 13, 2015
BY SARAH de CRESCENZO / STAFF WRITER

Construction is slated to begin this month on Broadcom?s new corporate headquarters at Great Park Neighborhoods.

The Irvine-based tech giant announced in late 2014 it would move its headquarters to Great Park Neighborhoods after agreeing to buy land for a new 1.1 million-square-foot campus, with the option to expand up to 2 million square feet.

Broadcom said Tuesday one of its subsidiaries had closed the $128 million land deal with Heritage Fields El Toro LLC, a partnership made up of Lennar Homes and its investors.

The campus, the company said in 2014, will be designed by M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates Inc. and built by DPR Construction.

Occupancy of the new campus is expected by late 2017 or early 2018, the company said in a statement. Broadcom is most widely known for its communication chips often found in smartphones.

Broadcom?s headquarters will be the first commercial development at Great Park Neighborhoods, a mixed-use, master planned community.

Contact the writer: 714-796-2221 or sdecrescenzo@ocregister.com

Back