Great Park Neighborhoods

Here's an article in the OC Register today with the latest plan.

Personally, very disappointed with what the Great Park has become. It had the potential to be one of the greatest municipal parks in the US, but now it doesn't seem so much. The golf course is wasted space for most people. Personally, the only parts I can imagine using are Upper Bee Canyon, and the Bosque area.

ScreenShot2014-10-10at54306PM_zps5a94c65a.png

NYT said:
Here's an article in the OC Register today with the latest plan.

Personally, very disappointed with what the Great Park has become. It had the potential to be one of the greatest municipal parks in the US, but now it doesn't seem so much. The golf course is wasted space for most people. Personally, the only parts I can imagine using are Upper Bee Canyon, and the Bosque area.

ScreenShot2014-10-10at54306PM_zps5a94c65a.png

The park was "suppossed" to be built by the city.  But since the Democrats led by Larry Agran wasted all the money they had to resort to letting 5 Point build it.  Now you get a golf course.

I think that Cultural Terrace at lower right corner of the map was a misprint.

It supposed to read "The Cultural Revolution Terrace" :)

Does anyone know (PP residents) when our tax bill is going to be available? 

the new tax bills are available online now. i got the email from the county a couple of days ago. the mailed one should come out soon.  depending on when you bought though you probably will get the supplemental and your first all inclusive tax bill wont be available until october/november of 2015.

qwerty said:
the new tax bills are available online now. i got the email from the county a couple of days ago. the mailed one should come out soon.  depending on when you bought though you probably will get the supplemental and your first all inclusive tax bill wont be available until october/november of 2015.

just bought in May, new construction.

I closed in April and I got my 2014 tax bill in the mail already.  If you don't find it online, then your first bill will probably come later.  I read up on the due dates of CA property tax vs. the purchase date, it's extremely confusing.

aquabliss said:
I closed in April and I got my 2014 tax bill in the mail already.  If you don't find it online, then your first bill will probably come later.  I read up on the due dates of CA property tax vs. the purchase date, it's extremely confusing.

How much was your tax bill?  More than what you generally will pay going forward or just about right?  these supplemental taxes are confusing.

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

How much was your tax bill?  More than what you generally will pay going forward or just about right?  these supplemental taxes are confusing.

the taxes due on 12/10/14 and 4/10/15 are based on the calculated values on 1/1/14. So if you closed after that, which you did, your initial bill is probably assessed on the land value as there was no home there on 1/1/14. so the amount you pay on 12/10/14 will likely be lower than your normal bill for next year (due 12/10/15), sometime in the near future, you will get a supplemental bill to true you up to the actual purchase price on your home. they will let you pay the supplemental in two installments as well.

qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

the taxes due on 12/10/14 and 4/10/15 are based on the calculated values on 1/1/14. So if you closed after that, which you did, your initial bill is probably assessed on the land value as there was no home there on 1/1/14. so the amount you pay on 12/10/14 will likely be lower than your normal bill for next year (due 12/10/15), sometime in the near future, you will get a supplemental bill to true you up to the actual purchase price on your home. they will let you pay the supplemental in two installments as well.

got it.. thanks!

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

It was interesting.  It looks like about right but... the total assessed value of the home (property + improvements) was $100k less than the purchase price (the assessor from the bank assessed exactly the same as the purchase price). 

Also check your closing costs, you probably paid supplemental taxes there as well - I noticed it was a line item on my closing costs.  However, I think there may be another supplemental bill coming for 1% of the value from when the builder purchased the land until when I purchased my home on it. 

aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

It was interesting.  It looks like about right but... the total assessed value of the home (property + improvements) was $100k less than the purchase price (the assessor from the bank assessed exactly the same as the purchase price). 

Also check your closing costs, you probably paid supplemental taxes there as well - I noticed it was a line item on my closing costs.  However, I think there may be another supplemental bill coming for 1% of the value from when the builder purchased the land until when I purchased my home on it.

How about MRs?

aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

im going to make more sense right now too :)

your bank appraised the home as the same as your purchase price, not the assessor, you are in the same boat as Jmoney if your assessed property tax value was 100K lower than your purchase price.  Also, the taxes paid during your closing and reflected on your escrow statement are to pay back the seller for property taxes they already paid from your date of purchase to the end of period they paid, so you paid no supplemental taxes at your closing.

I hate it when you make sense!  I thought those supplemental taxes on my closing costs were tax deductible.  Drat.

Back