Great Park Neighborhoods

bones said:
Actually I decided to vote for the guy that wrote 2 sentences. 8)

actually I am running.. you can probably figure out which one I am.  ;)

jmoney74 said:
bones said:

I know. Figured it out ;)
I'm actually surprised by how many people are running. In the last couple HOAs I was in, you couldn't pay someone to do it. And then there's the guy who decides to make signs to litter the public areas with. Apologies if you are a TI member but that's a bit over the top.

jmoney74 said:
bones said:

J$, all the other candidates are giving their full resume with professional experience, positions held, high level education, etc. and your page says that you like swimming.  Haha you gotta step it up bro... :)

i probably will vote for Nirav Shah because he puts in more effort

• longest resume.  he has to change to smaller font to fit in one page
  • open house to meet w/ voter and have face-to-face conversation
  • posters/signs on the street "Vote for Nirav Shah"

and best reason for me is "cemetery is on his mind".

yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
bones said:

This is a stepping stone. Next step Irvine City Council.

... then the World!!! Muhahahahahahaha!

reminds me of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn0pBePN7I

Yaliu - I thought you were going to run for a seat on the board.

yaliu07 said:

1. longest resume doesn't necessarily equal the best candidate.
2. while I appreciate the open house @ his own home, I think they should just do a meet & greet at the terrace with all the candidates.  This is a volunteer position.  I don't expect all the candidates to open up their house to 700 homeowners - that's ridiculous.  Plus one meet & greet is probably more efficient for everyone.
3. Those posters don't do anything except promote name recognition.  I saw one yesterday at the park near the roundabout.  It's not there anymore.  I wonder if someone asked him to take it down b/c it is an eyesore.

Putting signs around the neighborhood is EXACTLY what we don't need. What a ridiculous idea thinking that would earn my vote for the HOA. FAIL

aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:
bones said:

J$, all the other candidates are giving their full resume with professional experience, positions held, high level education, etc. and your page says that you like swimming.  Haha you gotta step it up bro... :)

LOl for real.  MBA from Harvard.. this is must be a prestigious HOA board.  I might go to the "Meet the candidates day" to tell everyone I like drinking Capri Sun.  That should do it. 

seriously... Mrs. Money looked at my write up and said WTF!  She said I should have told her so she can write it up for me.  Who knew such qualifications would be posted but hey.. Chinese and Indians are pretty competitive. 

jmoney74 said:
seriously... Mrs. Money looked at my write up and said WTF!  She said I should have told her so she can write it up for me.  Who knew such qualifications would be posted but hey.. Chinese and Indians are pretty competitive.

I think like 95% of the people living in PP will throw away the voting ballot the other 5% will be voting for themselves  ???

FARMMMMMIE said:
jmoney74 said:

I think like 95% of the people living in PP will throw away the voting ballot the other 5% will be voting for themselves  ???

So see what happened to my last HOA.. I just don't want our board to get abusive and power trippy.  No need to have our fees raised just because I have nothing better to do.  ;)

jmoney74 said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
jmoney74 said:

So see what happened to my last HOA.. I just don't want our board to get abusive and power trippy.  No need to have our fees raised just because I have nothing better to do.  ;)

My take on this position is that it's pretty useless. I think it's a 3 person board with 2 spots taken up by 5points. The homeowner position is just there for shits and giggles. Anything major will be decided by 5points anyway.

bones said:
yaliu07 said:

1. longest resume doesn't necessarily equal the best candidate.
2. while I appreciate the open house @ his own home, I think they should just do a meet & greet at the terrace with all the candidates.  This is a volunteer position.  I don't expect all the candidates to open up their house to 700 homeowners - that's ridiculous.  Plus one meet & greet is probably more efficient for everyone.
3. Those posters don't do anything except promote name recognition.  I saw one yesterday at the park near the roundabout.  It's not there anymore.  I wonder if someone asked him to take it down b/c it is an eyesore.

i vote for him b/c of his effort and CEMETERY

Back