Great Park Neighborhoods

yaliu07 said:
bones said:
yaliu07 said:
i probably will vote for Nirav Shah because he puts in more effort

• longest resume.  he has to change to smaller font to fit in one page
  • open house to meet w/ voter and have face-to-face conversation
  • posters/signs on the street "Vote for Nirav Shah"

and best reason for me is "cemetery is on his mind".

1. longest resume doesn't necessarily equal the best candidate.
2. while I appreciate the open house @ his own home, I think they should just do a meet & greet at the terrace with all the candidates.  This is a volunteer position.  I don't expect all the candidates to open up their house to 700 homeowners - that's ridiculous.  Plus one meet & greet is probably more efficient for everyone.
3. Those posters don't do anything except promote name recognition.  I saw one yesterday at the park near the roundabout.  It's not there anymore.  I wonder if someone asked him to take it down b/c it is an eyesore.

i vote for him b/c of his effort and CEMETERY

Why not jmoney?

J Money! 

My opinion is that the folks who are trying too hard want to rule with an iron fist.

eyephone said:
yaliu07 said:
bones said:
yaliu07 said:

2. while I appreciate the open house @ his own home, I think they should just do a meet & greet at the terrace with all the candidates.  This is a volunteer position.  I don't expect all the candidates to open up their house to 700 homeowners - that's ridiculous.  Plus one meet & greet is probably more efficient for everyone.
3. Those posters don't do anything except promote name recognition.  I saw one yesterday at the park near the roundabout.  It's not there anymore.  I wonder if someone asked him to take it down b/c it is an eyesore.

Why not jmoney?

i would totally vote for him if he mention anything about cemetery in his cover letter/resume.

Regarding the board elections, there is one guy who is an exec for a design company that does work for PP.  That is a conflict of interest IMO.  Do candidates have to disclose such relationships?

bones said:
jmoney74 said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
jmoney74 said:
seriously... Mrs. Money looked at my write up and said WTF!  She said I should have told her so she can write it up for me.  Who knew such qualifications would be posted but hey.. Chinese and Indians are pretty competitive.

I think like 95% of the people living in PP will throw away the voting ballot the other 5% will be voting for themselves  ???

So see what happened to my last HOA.. I just don't want our board to get abusive and power trippy.  No need to have our fees raised just because I have nothing better to do.  ;)

My take on this position is that it's pretty useless. I think it's a 3 person board with 2 spots taken up by 5points. The homeowner position is just there for shits and giggles. Anything major will be decided by 5points anyway.

Yes, that's true for now, but eventually the builder reps will bow out, just a question of when that will happen.  Unless these reps are also homeowners, which may give them an advantage on staying on the board.

gadgetguy said:
bones said:
jmoney74 said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
jmoney74 said:
seriously... Mrs. Money looked at my write up and said WTF!  She said I should have told her so she can write it up for me.  Who knew such qualifications would be posted but hey.. Chinese and Indians are pretty competitive.

I think like 95% of the people living in PP will throw away the voting ballot the other 5% will be voting for themselves  ???

So see what happened to my last HOA.. I just don't want our board to get abusive and power trippy.  No need to have our fees raised just because I have nothing better to do.  ;)

My take on this position is that it's pretty useless. I think it's a 3 person board with 2 spots taken up by 5points. The homeowner position is just there for shits and giggles. Anything major will be decided by 5points anyway.

Yes, that's true for now, but eventually the builder reps will bow out, just a question of when that will happen.  Unless these reps are also homeowners, which may give them an advantage on staying on the board.

Well that's the thing. This is the great park HOA board. Not a PP specific one. So I think 5points keeps those 2 spots for a long long time. They're only just starting the 2nd development right now. So years away before you have true homeowner representation on the board.

p.s. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. While 5points reps will have the developer's interests at the forefront, to me that's better than having 3 random homeowners that are an unknown in terms of their priorities.

JCnOC said:
Anyone knows what happen to the cemetery?

This dude knows:
313kspi.jpg

yaliu07 said:
bones said:
yaliu07 said:

Met w/ Shah at his open house.  nice guy.  AND he had an open bar...  i have to celebrate cinco de mayo w/ either him or qwerty.  and we all know that qwerty rejected us.  :(

went to "meet the candidates".  6 out of 10 candidate showed up.  couple key points.
1. Harvard MBA and OUR JMoney didn't show up. 
2. beacon park was first called navigation park. then rename to beacon park b/c marketing strategy.
3. PP HOA landscape use recycle water
4. landfill mountain near PP was strip away because of landslide.  however, there are plans to repair it.  it will take about 3-5 years.

i will add more if i can remember later..

yaliu07 said:
yaliu07 said:
bones said:
yaliu07 said:

Met w/ Shah at his open house.  nice guy.  AND he had an open bar...  i have to celebrate cinco de mayo w/ either him or qwerty.  and we all know that qwerty rejected us.  :(

I just got back from the meet and greet tonight and also liked what Nirav had to say, as well as most of the other candidates.  Alarm bells went off for me when Po started talking.  If your ARC appeal was ever denied, he was 33% of the reason why, since he is on the appeal committee.  I think he has demonstrated that he rules with an iron fist.

gadgetguy said:
yaliu07 said:
yaliu07 said:
bones said:
yaliu07 said:

I just got back from the meet and greet tonight and also liked what Nirav had to say, as well as most of the other candidates.  Alarm bells went off for me when Po started talking.  If your ARC appeal was ever denied, he was 33% of the reason why, since he is on the appeal committee.  I think he has demonstrated that he rules with an iron fist.

What did he say?

At this point the only thing I'm really concerned about is the driving in the neighborhoods.  Can we just hire Irvine pd to just start handing out tickets?  Maybe the fobs won't care. Wow... Apple just replaced fcbS with fob. Lol

jmoney74 said:
gadgetguy said:
yaliu07 said:
yaliu07 said:
bones said:
yaliu07 said:

What did he say?

At this point the only thing I'm really concerned about is the driving in the neighborhoods.  Can we just hire Irvine pd to just start handing out tickets?  Maybe the fobs won't care. Wow... Apple just replaced fcbS with fob. Lol

A friendly neighborhood mommy is already on it. I heard someone emailed the cops and there has been police presence in the neighborhood. A few tickets have been handed out. Don't mess with a hen protecting her chicks.

latest

I will vote for Po the Iron Fist ARC Ruler if I buy in BP.  Gotta keep those renegade homeowners in check. 

jmoney74 said:
gadgetguy said:
yaliu07 said:
yaliu07 said:
bones said:
yaliu07 said:

What did he say?

Kind of reiterated what he had on his written statement.  I'm glad someone asked if he thought there was a conflict of interest with him being an exec for a design company that does work for PP (BTW - he said "no").  He also talked about renting in woodbury and how he got a couple of his people on that board.   

Regarding the crazy driving, it's unfortunate, but it is really a reflection of how 90% of the people drive in Irvine, not just PP. 

my choice is now between Nirav Shah and Mark Schwartz.  I like Nirav Shah because of previous reason.  and he BRIBED me with a beer.

i also like Mark Schwartz because he shows action.  for example, he saw landfill got stripped.  he took ACTION and find out why.  there is another example about lane.  and again, he showed ACTION. 

all 6 candidates are great.  i actually think they are over-qualified.  it is good to live in PP.  Anybody wants to buy my house for 1.5 million :)

@JMoney, i am easily bribable .  you can win my vote if you bring me TWO beer..

yaliu07 said:
my choice is now between Nirav Shah and Mark Schwartz.  I like Nirav Shah because of previous reason.  and he BRIBED me with a beer.

i also like Mark Schwartz because he shows action.  for example, he saw landfill got stripped.  he took ACTION and find out why.  there is another example about lane.  and again, he showed ACTION. 

all 6 candidates are great.  i actually think they are over-qualified.  it is good to live in PP.  Anybody wants to buy my house for 1.5 million :)

@JMoney, i am easily bribable .  you can win my vote if you bring me TWO beer..

I'll just give you a six pack.

Back