Alta Vista and Bella Vista at Orchard Hills

I understand not everyone has a problem with the location a bit further from the freeway and it could be a pain to get to 405 even if you take 261 to Jamboree or vice versa. It is pretty busy during rush hour. But coming down from the hill where Alta/Bella Vistas are located, it will take some time to even get out of the Groves. If you don't mind reserving extra time where ever you go, it is a very nice neighborhood.

I have no doubt it is going to be a hit. Chinese love living high up on the hills.

Movingup said:
I understand not everyone has a problem with the location a bit further from the freeway and it could be a pain to get to 405 even if you take 261 to Jamboree or vice versa. It is pretty busy during rush hour. But coming down from the hill where Alta/Bella Vistas are located, it will take some time to even get out of the Groves. If you don't mind reserving extra time where ever you go, it is a very nice neighborhood.

I have no doubt it is going to be a hit. Chinese love living high up on the hills.

Been in OH 2 years now and I've never found an issue getting in and out of the hill onto culver except during OH school traffic. I must say that's a bit chaotic. No traffic time I can get to the 5 on most days in less than 10 mins.

And I would estimate that at least 40% of people up here do not have traditional 8-5 jobs. A lot of stay at home moms, people working from home, business owners etc. so not everyone is leaving all at once in the morning or coming home during rush hour.
I love it up here - tranquil and yet convenient to most places I need to get to. Did I mention with the all the wet weather the greenery is off the hook! I love the rains  :)

Paris said:
And I would estimate that at least 40% of people up here do not have traditional 8-5 jobs. A lot of stay at home moms, people working from home, business owners etc. so not everyone is leaving all at once in the morning or coming home during rush hour.

Yeah. CEOs, small business owners, cash buyers, HNWI most likely can have a flexible work schedule.

Paris said:
Movingup said:

Been in OH 2 years now and I've never found an issue getting in and out of the hill onto culver except during OH school traffic. I must say that's a bit chaotic. No traffic time I can get to the 5 on most days in less than 10 mins.

I love it up here - tranquil and yet convenient to most places I need to get to. Did I mention with the all the wet weather the greenery is off the hook! I love the rains  :)

I enjoy being far away from major freeways personally, but close enough to access them when needed.  It is much more peaceful and serene without a freeway close by.

Paris said:
Movingup said:

The OH School traffic is crazy for 15 minutes each day. Getting down to Portola on Orchard Hills Road is busy too when kids are trying to get to Northwood HS.

Still, neither seems as bad as trying to get to Canyon View Elementary in the morning. Parents are trying to get their elementary kids to school, foot traffic and cars, and teens are crossing streets trying to get to Northwood HS. Good times...

Aren't all the expensive homes in Turtle Ridge Summit, Shady Canyon, Newport all pretty far from 5 and 405 up in the hills? OH is no different.
Only exception is Hidden Canyon that is right next to 405.  Personally, I prefer to live 5-10 minutes (>2 miles) away from the Major Hwy (5/405) smog/pollution.

now THAT is a bomb diggity house.
[/quote]

If I didn't recently buy LV, I would have stretched a little bit and picked up the Alta Vista and start packing lunch to work and cut down on Starbucks coffee=).
These homes are gonna be really nice~

Yup............. all this rain gonna make for a whole lot of green weeds.

Lets hope it doesn't get dried out by summer or it will be lots of brown kindling.

Goriot said:

If I didn't recently buy LV, I would have stretched a little bit and picked up the Alta Vista and start packing lunch to work and cut down on Starbucks coffee=).
[/quote]

Oh, Common Goriot, you can sell your LV motor court and move up to Alta Vista, I am sure the gains from LV will more than cover you lunch and starbucks coffee,  See now you can eat the cake and have it too.

Irvine Dream said:
Goriot said:

Oh, Common Goriot, you can sell your LV motor court and move up to Alta Vista, I am sure the gains from LV will more than cover you lunch and starbucks coffee,  See now you can eat the cake and have it too.
[/quote]

OH existing home sales are really slow above $2M, competing with the new builds at Amelia/Trevi and soon the Toll Brothers. Time to put it on the market and get your ducks in a row, probably would take at least 6 months I'm guessing.

Models won't be ready till around may.

Keep in mind the first phase homes have the worst location by far. Lowest elevation, little views and front of the community, which will see all traffic flow.

The homes with city views near the models won't be built until next year.

LA168 said:
Are the models opening this weekend Jan 28th?

January 28th is the phase 1 pre-sale.  Toll Brothers likes to pre-sale prior to models being ready and it seems to work very well like the ones at The Summit at BR.  The Summit sold more then 50%+ of the lots even before the models were ready.  It looks like alot of people drop their deposits based only on the floor plans and location.

Goriot said:
LA168 said:
Are the models opening this weekend Jan 28th?

January 28th is the phase 1 pre-sale.  Toll Brothers likes to pre-sale prior to models being ready and it seems to work very well like the ones at The Summit at BR.  The Summit sold more then 50%+ of the lots even before the models were ready.  It looks like alot of people drop their deposits based only on the floor plans and location.

what better day to entice their target audience to buy a brand new home than chinese new year.

I have to say that I love my La Vita Plan 4 but the one story Alta Vista plan with 4 garages is my ideal home. That extra casita and dedicated office (which I would convert to a man cave) would have been ideal for me.

If anyone wants my plan 4 for $3MM  >:D, PM me. Haha. Otherwise, I'll have to cross my fingers on the lotto.

I'm looking forward to visiting the model; not looking forward to the feeling that it's out of reach for me.

Irvine Inhabitant said:
I have to say that I love my La Vita Plan 4 but the one story Alta Vista plan with 4 garages is my ideal home. That extra casita and dedicated office (which I would convert to a man cave) would have been ideal for me.

If anyone wants my plan 4 for $3MM  >:D, PM me. Haha. Otherwise, I'll have to cross my fingers on the lotto.

I'm looking forward to visiting the model; not looking forward to the feeling that it's out of reach for me.

Like it too but it's too big for me. The sq footage is coming from bigger rooms, not really more rooms. The real killer is going to be property taxes. After options, I can see it getting toward $50K. I don't need any house for property taxes like that.

Going to love seeing those models.

Irvine Inhabitant said:

I will definitely go visit that single story floor plan.  That with a view lot and an infinity pool would be my dream home.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine Inhabitant said:

My dream home would be on a warm island ON the beach. Hawaii water is too cold so maybe a Caribbean Island. Single story of course.

I will definitely go visit that single story floor plan.  That with a view lot and an infinity pool would be my dream home.

Anyone stopped by the pre-sale grand opening this weekend and picked up the price sheets?

Looks like about 18 of 28 lots for Bella and Alta have deposits.  Not bad of a pace for the current state of luxury housing market.

Goriot said:
Anyone stopped by the pre-sale grand opening this weekend and picked up the price sheets?

Looks like about 18 of 28 lots for Bella and Alta have deposits.  Not bad of a pace for the current state of luxury housing market.

might go some time this week.  i think the deposit was only 5k and refundable so not a bad idea to drop the cash if you are even remotely interested.  still a good sign for orchard hills though i think.

Back