Alta Vista and Bella Vista at Orchard Hills

esquire22 said:
Anyone have pricing from phase 1?

Bella or Alta?

I have Bella but didn't visit Alta until after phase 1 sold half the lots. I have rough idea of most of the lots. What are you looking for in particular?

After all the talk about us loving Cielo.  A Tacara on lot 210 has become available and we are fast falling in love with it except for the smallish bonus room. 

Anyone familiar with the Tacara plan? Any thoughts?  Tacara is similar in design and shape with Santa Monica from Marbella but has a 4 car garage.

Lot 210 is still available?  It looks like a person that reserved 211 switched to 210 and now that particular lot is reserved.  btw, I wonder who took the "T" section Lot.  That one is now reserved too.

Goriot said:
Lot 210 is still available?  It looks like a person that reserved 211 switched to 210 and now that particular lot is reserved.  btw, I wonder who took the "T" section Lot.  That one is now reserved too.

My buyer dropped out of the Cielo reservation and is going to wait for another future lot.

What is T section Lot  and not desirable? We only thought of not going for claustrophobic lots and choosing a functional open floor plan for us. I think missing other key points!!

Goriot said:
Wow Bellas are kicking butt.  All sold or reserved.  210 is a nice lot if you don't mind not having a view.

Checked out Alta and still many lots available.  Where are all the high rollers?

I've looked at both communities extensively. I believe Alta is slightly overpriced relative to Bella.

Take Alta - Acacia. 3 Car garage, 5500 sqft starting at 2.45.

Compare to Bella - Tacara. 4 Car garage, 5500 sqft starting at 2.31

It is no coincidence that Acacia is selling the worst among the Alta models.

You can see, Bella has relative value. Lot size doesn't really explain most of the difference either. Toll is simply adding a premium to being a part of Alta.

Bella is doing well because it has relative value vs Alta and low 2s seem to be the sweet spot where there are enough buyers moving up from other parts of Irvine.

That said, Alta isn't doing as bad as it appears. Here's a breakdown of the homes still available.

- 5/6 non view lots from phase 2 with neighbors backing them are not sold. Alta ballers paying close to 3 MM don't want non-view lots with neighbors looking down on them, no matter how big the lots are. These particular lots are even worse because the neighbors behind them are not much higher than they are. The Bella non views have steep slope separating them from the Alta homes behind them, resulting in much more privacy.
- phase one lot 167 is a T intersection home.
- phase one lot 165 is a corner non-view with house behind them

- 3 view lot homes left - 158, 159, 151. 2/3 are Acacia 3 car garage. 158/159 are from phase 1 and have not sold because they have no view from 1st floor due to avocado trees having higher elevation directly behind those two lots. They basically have the worst views of the view homes, but same lot premiums as the other view homes. 

Rtlguru said:
I've looked at both communities extensively. I believe Alta is slightly overpriced relative to Bella.

Take Alta - Acacia. 3 Car garage, 5500 sqft starting at 2.45.

Compare to Bella - Tacara. 4 Car garage, 5500 sqft starting at 2.31

It is no coincidence that Acacia is selling the worst among the Alta models.

You can see, Bella has relative value. Lot size doesn't really explain most of the difference either. Toll is simply adding a premium to being a part of Alta.

Bella is doing well because it has relative value vs Alta and low 2s seem to be the sweet spot where there are enough buyers moving up from other parts of Irvine.

That said, Alta isn't doing as bad as it appears. Here's a breakdown of the homes still available.

- 5/6 non view lots from phase 2 with neighbors backing them are not sold. Alta ballers paying close to 3 MM don't want non-view lots with neighbors looking down on them, no matter how big the lots are. These particular lots are even worse because the neighbors behind them are not much higher than they are. The Bella non views have steep slope separating them from the Alta homes behind them, resulting in much more privacy.
- phase one lot 167 is a T intersection home.
- phase one lot 165 is a corner non-view with house behind them

- 3 view lot homes left - 158, 159, 151. 2/3 are Acacia 3 car garage. 158/159 are from phase 1 and have not sold because they have no view from 1st floor due to avocado trees having higher elevation directly behind those two lots. They basically have the worst views of the view homes, but same lot premiums as the other view homes.

That was very insightful.  Thank you.  I noticed also that there are only 3 home models out of the 11 total with 3-car tandem garages:  Bellino, Cielo, and Acacia.  Altura at least has a legit 3-car garage.  By your analysis, Tacara seems like a good buy with 5500 sq ft, 4-car garage, and the double circular staircase entry.  Feels like Tacara could have been a Alta Vista home.  Lusso, the other Bella 4-car garage home, does not have direct access to the house from the second garage which I find puzzling.

Just took a walk along the view lots of both Alta and Bella.  The views are incredible.  You get the mountain serenity plus the city lights and some ocean on a clear day.

The Alta and Bella models are gonna blow away Hidden Canyon models.  Prices will probably be crazy for these view lots.

Also ventured up to Alta Vista today out of curiosity since they advertised to be at the highest point in OH.  Models said to be opening in July.  Maybe it's the new trend, but I didn't like how a lot of the homes are designed where the driveway and entry walkway are the same.  Seemed like a very, very far drive inland as welll.

Seems that Alta Vista has more availability vs. Bella Vista. I wonder how this compares with Hidden Canyon Capri Vs. Marbella when the community first opened.

Any one knows if the models are open yet?

AlexG said:
Seems that Alta Vista has more availability vs. Bella Vista. I wonder how this compares with Hidden Canyon Capri Vs. Marbella when the community first opened.

Any one knows if the models are open yet?

Sales are about the same. Bella just released smaller phases but if you count sold/reserved, almost identical. Also hard to compare to hidden canyon because Capri released good view lots early while the vistas and Marbella are saving the best for last.

Models are scheduled to open in July.

Both doing really well.  If you take into account that the models are not even open it is amazing.  With the reduction in Chinese money, it not the buying frenzy it could have been but demand is still out there for these homes.

We shall see though how it does as prices are getting up there.  Alta goes up 25k every release and Bella 20k.  The few phase 1 and 2 folks are already up a nice amount.

Latest info about Bella Vista - sales doing extremely well. 38 Sold with 2 Reserved. Lots 175, 176, 177, 190, and 191 release scheduled for next week.

Models had their grand opening YESTERDAY but it doesn't look like their was even a need for them!

Attachments

• Bella Vista Prices 1.jpg
    Bella Vista Prices 1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 292
  • Bella Vista Prices 2.jpg
    Bella Vista Prices 2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Bella Vista Site.jpg
    Bella Vista Site.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 339
Back