Windy and FIRE!!!

I had to evacuate our kids from Orchard Hills school this morning.  Then we packed our bags and left our home. Hopefully they get the fire under control soon.

iacrenter said:
I had to evacuate our kids from Orchard Hills school this morning.  Then we packed our bags and left our home. Hopefully they get the fire under control soon.

The news said the winds will die down by tomorrow night/Wednesday morning and I think that's when the planes can start dropping water and fire retardant onto the fire.

USCTrojanCPA said:
The news said the winds will die down by tomorrow night/Wednesday morning and I think that's when the planes can start dropping water and fire retardant onto the fire.

That?s far away :(

Hope everyone stays safe, it?s a bit crazy to see it happening despite several members of this forum warning it could happen again. I wonder how many more houses have been built since the last big fire.

Interesting that they are using the old El Toro airbase to stage all the tankers and other firefighting aircraft. It turns out that place is useful for something after all!

Reports on Twitter has flames at various OH homes on the non gated side. Stay safe everyone and evacuate!

American Asphalt keeps getting live feeded...Now you guys can see what's been causing asphalt smells?

brush fire near Crean Lutheran and Stonegate East (Great Park side of 133)

Shoulder on Irvine/133 intersection on fire...looks like it is moving toward PP and BP.

bones said:
KTLA just compared orchard hills to Malibu and asked if he?s seen any private firefighters defending these multi million dollar homes. Ummm. The local news is a hoot!

Someone here on TI once called OH the Beverly Hills of Irvine.  But I guess it?s ?Coastal? location makes Malibu a more appropriate comparison.  ;)

5/7 city shelters now full.

Las Lomas Community Center: 10 Federation Way

Turtle Rock Community Center: 1 Sunnyhill, 92603

University Community Center: 1 Beech Tree Lane (currently at capacity)

Quail Hill Community Center: 35 Shady Canyon Dr (currently at capacity)

Los Olivos Community Center: 101 Alfonso (currently at capacity)

Harvard Community Center: 14701 Harvard (currently at capacity)

Rancho Senior Center: 3 Ethel Coplen Way (currently at capacity)

Additionally, Village Church of Irvine at 77 Post  will be open at noon today for anyone needing a place to go during the incident.
https://www.cityofirvine.org/news-media/news-article/city-irvine-issues-mandatory-evacuations-0

marmott said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

That?s far away :(

Hope everyone stays safe, it?s a bit crazy to see it happening despite several members of this forum warning it could happen again. I wonder how many more houses have been built since the last big fire.

One of the reasons we decided not to move to OH and move from our old house.

So sad to see but yes, only surprise to me is it took this long.

Hope no houses get burned or lives lost. Stay safe. Leave if you're told to evacuate. 2007 fire moved from voluntary evacuation in my old house in Northwood Pointe to reaching my sister who lives in Whiting Ranch (foothill ranch) when the winds shifted. Burned the palm trees in her front yard.

Fire has jumped Irvine Blvd and moving down 133...

Reports of Northwood High football field on fire.

Another fire just started near Chino Hills.

Yorba Linda is about to burn.  New fire...How messed up is that?

2017 canyon fire 2 is when OH was threatened, and that burned south down jamboree.

Nguyen80 said:
When?s the last time a fire threatened these Irvine neighborhoods?

Almost never but a lot of it is new build (<5 years)...there was a pretty close fire near Tustin Ranch about 8 or 9 years ago.

Back