Windy and FIRE!!!

eyephone said:
hamilton said:
Everyone be safe and don't take any chances.  Home's can always be rebuilt....

That is easy to say. Water down your roof!

Disclaimer: I don?t know if that will work.
So don?t blame me if you fall off the roof or can?t leave. Turn on the sprinklers!
;)

Gtfo!
Bring the pictures, documents, clothes, and laptop.
(tooth brush/toothpaste easy to replace)

Soylent Green Is People said:
Anyone yet have a list of evac locations to post - (Schools, Churches, etc?)

Straight from city of irvine website

Today at 6:47 a.m., a vegetation fire began  in the area of Santiago Canyon Rd / Silverado Canyon Road. OCFA firefighters on scene of a 10 acre fire, wind driven with a moderate rate of spread. Crews aggressively attacking the fire with air units en route.

"The fire started in Silverado Canyon, and helicopters and fixed wing aircraft are on the way. The wind is making it move very quickly. Orchard Hills will be notified of an evacuated in order very shortly, said Mayor Shea. "There is also and evaluation warning that will probably go to residents north of Irvine Boulevard."

Mandatory evacuations orders for Orchard Hills on Irvine Blvd. from Bake to Jamboree. Group and air support are currently battling flames. The 241 is closed from Santiago to the 133.

Care and shelter facilities will be set up at:

University Community Center
1 Beech Tree Lane
Irvine, CA 92612

Quail Hill Community Center
39 Shady Canyon Drive
Irvine, CA 92603

Evacuation Map

School Update:

Mandatory Evacuation:

Northwood High School

Elementary:

Portola Springs
    Eastwood
    Stonegate
    Loma Ridge
    Canyon View
    Santiago Hills

Montessori:

Le Port
    Northwood
    Little Explorers

Tustin Unified will be evacuated to Beckman HS:

Hicks Canyon
    Orchard Hills

My neighbor stayed during the burning of my neighborhood.  He said the wind was like a flamethrower shooting through the tight narrow ways between houses.  If you stay, make sure you have a heavy coat to block that flame throwing wind.

I am fed up with the chat feature on YouTube. (I guess I could of hid it)
Go to cbsnews.com (free)

Better coverage and no chat feature.

eyephone said:
I am fed up with the chat feature on YouTube. (I guess I could of hid it)
Go to cbsnews.com (free)

Better coverage and no chat feature.

Nvm they stopped the coverage.

Also, unlock all your doors before you leave or the firefighters gonna break it down to save your home.

Most of the smoke appears to be blowing straight down towards Newport/Crystal Cove. If you want to get out for a bit, head North towards Huntington, or South towards Dana Point as it's not smokey there at present.

KTLA just compared orchard hills to Malibu and asked if he?s seen any private firefighters defending these multi million dollar homes. Ummm. The local news is a hoot!

Have West Irvine, Northpark, Northwood Pointe, Eastwood, Portola Springs, and Stonegate also ordered to evacutate?

Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Have West Irvine, Northpark, Northwood Pointe, Eastwood, Portola Springs, and Stonegate also ordered to evacutate?

Yes.
https://cityofirvine.maps.arcgis.co...ndex.html?id=c452152c1a5a46129dde513d8652e81e

You can put in an address and it will show it on the map.

Everything to Irvine Blvd except a small area south of the trail along the wash (Canyon Creek, Paseo Park area) and Jamboree to Bake.

Wow that's crazy...hope everyone stays safe. Looks like part of the fire is right next to Portola Springs and Lambert Ranch.

Quail Hill and Uni Community Centers full.

City opening more community centers and maybe schools.

Much of the problem is Covid so capacity is more limited.

If your community gets burned, you won't be allowed back to your home for at least a few days.
It was 5 days before I was allowed back.

Back