Who bought the 2010 home?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]
I would live in IHO's 3CWG before I would accept a front door buried into a motorcourt.
[/quote]
YES! I'm one tier above a motorcourt.[/quote]

Your 3CWG home will be forever value at one comma more than the other. Don't get too excited there you are only one rung above the bottom rung of the curb appeal ladder.

Don't worry there IHO. With the direction the future developments are headed you will end up at the top rung soon.

[quote author="scubasteve"]yes... i have a front door away from the motorcourt! BK approved![/quote]

Your master down plan with front door off the street is BK approved. KB finally did something right!

[quote author="graceomalley"]
[quote author="scubasteve"]yes... i have a front door away from the motorcourt! BK approved![/quote]

Your master down plan with front door off the street is BK approved. KB finally did something right![/quote]

did hell just freeze over???!

This week all the buyers of Carmel Phases 1 - 3 (that's right they're already on Phase 4 now) gathered to meet the construction manager, bank lender, and other buyers/neighbors.

With all this talk about Asians, come to think about it, the room was filled with them. My best estimates are that 80% of the buyers were Asian.

One of the guys inquired about closing fees since he purchased his home using all cash. When I looked to see who made that comment, believe it or not, it was one of the 20% non-Asians. Not a FCB'er, but an elderly caucasian. Now I know who the baller in the neighborhood is...

[quote author="cantaloop"]
One of the guys inquired about closing fees since he purchased his home using all cash. When I looked to see who made that comment, believe it or not, it was one of the 20% non-Asians. Not a FCB'er, but an elderly caucasian. Now I know who the baller in the neighborhood is...
[/quote]
That was the TIC shill to make you think it's not just FCBs.

Just kidding. There will always be an anomaly... did he have an accent? Remember... FCB stands for Foreign Cash Buyer... not Foolish Chinese Buyer as BK would define it.

And I would bet that many of those Asians where high-cash buyers too... but they won't admit it publicly for fear of being targeted.

(man... I'm sounding like BK)

man, this thread has turned into a train wreck... BK is relentless... I was so hopeful 24-hours ago, he couldn't just give the buyers a few moments of happiness...

one quick question: How long did you guys research the 2010 collection before buying?

I take it at most couple of weeks or month; I know for many of you who bought, a house is not a huge investment. But for some of us it will be the largest thing we will purchase, and we have been doing research into housing for years & years...

Buying a house is on par with deciding who to marry/whether or not to have kids; a house is like a marriage, you'll be living with your decision for years to come. I'm sure many of you put more thought into which school to apply to, or which cars to buy.

Good luck again with your purchase, if there is any consolation, I'm sure you'll spend the majority of your time indoors like most families of Woodbury; or at the many outdoor spaces, like park & retail if you're not too busy out of the house working. The only time you'll see the exterior of your house is that brief moment before you drive in your garage door or walk thru the front door...

If they take off their shoes then they are FCB. If they wear shoes inside and have one of those expensive baby strollers FCB gave them a bag of cash for down payment. If they did not have an entourage of old folks when they viewed the model homes most likely they bought the homes totally on their own merit.

This is my last posts for this thread consider the rest of this thread a safe haven for your "make believe palatial cocoon".

More money and time were spent to market the Collection than to designing them. You have purchased a marketing gem but an architectural disaster. Other than plan 1 Coronado and plan 2 and 3 of Monterey the rest of the plans are just blow up dolls full of air for a few functions.

[quote author="graceomalley"]C'mon Asian renters about to becoming a homeowner. Why don't you share about your cultural pressure why you can't stand renting anymore? Here are a few of my observations:

1. If you are married then your in laws will give you hint that you are not taking care of their daughter well by renting. They would use the passive aggressive way to communicate to you to get out of an apt. Asian elders are not into being polite and worrying about hurting your feeling. If they are nice they will give you the better hints like " I have some money set aside for your down payment (since you don't have much money saved and we want to bail our daughter out from the miseries of living in a tiny apartment). This really made you feel like a loser and especially if you are non asian.

2. When there is a family function no one would suggests to have it at your apartment. It made you feel bad when the gatherings take place at other family members house and you feel left out.

3. Your friends and families have BBQ's and baby showers at their home. You wanted to host and help out but you don't have a place big enough, with no yard, and the club house is taken and too impersonal.

4. Your asian relatives give the that silent look that you are not successful because you don't own a house.

5. The Joy Luck Club comparison pressure among auntie and uncle relatives boasting about how well off your cousins are by having a house and they turned and look at you. "When are you going to buy a house?"

6. If you have a child then the relative pressure is unrelenting.

7. You can't wait to shock them that you bought in the most Asian respected city to have that guilty pleasure of "sweet revenge".

[/quote]

For the record, I am Taiwanese; and I have felt a lot of the same pressures most of you (buyers) have growing up. Get good grades.. school, musical instruments... bla, bla, bla... A lot of wounding came about from being compared to the smart math wiz at church or Chinese school. Then I started to apply those dynamics myself to those kids who live in PV and drove the nice BMWs in HS.

I admit, I still have a lot of healing to do; but most of my life was spent comparing & striving for the things, the "haves" got; that I, the "have nots" have to do without.

Part of find God, going to counseling & having a non-Asian wife; is that I have healed from a lot of what grips the OC Pathalogy and the Asian culture. A lot of the materialism that is and will grip China as more and more mainlanders come into wealth.

Material possessions, $$ and things WILL NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY!!! It might for a season, and then you'll be off trying to find the next thing to satisfy that hunger within. This emotional things you guys mention is not the need for housing but to satisfy something much greater, something "spiritual" if you will. And no matter how much house you have, it'll always leave you empty and wanting more.

A lot of our housing research has been mostly internal. This process of not comparing, finding contentment in everything; a supportive wife who cares more about emotional security than material security; know what is truly important in life, the relationships versus material possessions; and find self-worth in God and not the things you have have all been CRUCIAL in growing emotionally and spiritually as a whole person.

We indeed have a lot of peers/friends who have in-law boundaries issues with child rearing/lifestyle choices/marital issues because they have taken $$ from the parents; their marriages are suffering because they feel they need that big house (small lot) to feel self-worth. Their internal lives are such a mess; I rather live in the smallest house in the other side of town if it means, I get to spend quality time with the wife, kid & genuine friends...

[quote author="roundcorners"]I rather live in the smallest house in the other side of town if it means, I get to spend quality time with the wife, kid & genuine friends...[/quote]

Amen, brother.

I can't help from posting here. I am not religious like you but bravo in your character and the responsible choices you made for you and your family. I have much respect for you living in an apartment than those who fulfill their emptiness with materialism.

[quote author="roundcorners"]man, this thread has turned into a train wreck... BK is relentless... [/quote]

BK knows he needs to be relentless, because the pressure from others is also relentless. For one, I appreciate everything BK has to say. If somone can afford to spend $800k+ on a home, they better also be a big enough boy (or girl) to justify that purchase, and better have thick enough skin to take some feedback on it.

I trust each and every one of these people nutting up to drop that kind of coin on a house have certainly endured their share of hostile meetings and experiences in the workplace --- nobody pulling down $150k+ has a job that is just all butterflies and flowers every day. You don't get to that postion in life by always being nice, and have people be nice to you.

Toughen up, folks. If you believe in it, doesn't matter what BK says. If what BK says gets to you, then maybe you better think about it.

[quote author="roundcorners"]
Buying a house is on par with deciding who to marry/whether or not to have kids; a house is like a marriage, you'll be living with your decision for years to come. I'm sure many of you put more thought into which school to apply to, or which cars to buy.
[/quote]

What a great analogy. To take it further, a poor decision on a house and the effect on your finances is on par with the financial impact of divorce... or maybe even having kids <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Btw, I think BK likes plan 2 Coronado, not plan 1

I'll give you guys a simple concept that my mentor said to me once; that hopefully even some of you non-Christians can understand...

Our hearts were designed with an infinite capacity for happiness. Do you ever wonder why happiness is so fleeting? It's like trying to hold water with a shopping cart! Think of your happiest moments in life; and how quickly those moments disappear.

The only being able to constantly satisfy our hearts content is God himself; our hearts were design with a God shape hole. And no other relationship, thing, person or situation will ever satisfy that hunger.

You tell me when the NHS (new house smell) wears off. There is nothing wrong with a nice house; but that will not make you happy. The next time you see a nice TIC marketing flier with those "happy" people; they are not selling happiness but houses. The next time you feel the need to buy a house; I suggest going to church instead...

I thought your last post in thread was already over. Just kidding.
Appreciate all the good pointers you have given on the site and some through PM's.

I personally don't care too much about about a very big house.
We have been looking quite a bit for places about 1700 to 1800 sqft. This is already bigger than anything I have ever lived in.

I saved up a lot renting for a long time for a good down payment (almost 10 year in irvine). I still believe that homes will eventually be consistently around 250-275 per sq ft. maybe 225-250 in nearby places like Aliso/mission/niguel etc. that is probably even 20% drop in price of the new collection homes

But if the interest rates rise and therefore affordability changes by 10% that is about a net drop of 10% from what you can afford today. Also if it takes 3 years to get their a slight bit of equity you have built in that time should offset another few % points.

After all that if the house value is still lower by 10-15% more one just has to put up with it. It is just like saying I was very careful with money. Rented all along and funded my 401K and IRA only for it to crash, from DOW 14000 to 7000, and see my net worth dissappear.

As long as someone is not planning to sell, and keeps their DTI to well under 28% . this should enable people to still fund their retirement account and set aside some moderate amount for kids education and occasional vacations etc. Also if you have couple years of emergency liquid funds that should help.

Where am i going with all this. I'm planning to buy in the new collection homes. Fortunately my target plan is BK approved as well!!!!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="graceomalley"]I can't help from posting here. I am not religious like you but bravo in your character and the responsible choices you made for you and your family. I have much respect for you living in an apartment than those who fulfill their emptiness with materialism.[/quote]

[quote author="superwrat"]
[quote author="roundcorners"]
[/quote]

What a great analogy. To take it further, a poor decision on a house and the effect on your finances is on par with the financial impact of divorce... or maybe even having kids <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Btw, I think BK likes plan 2 Coronado, not plan 1[/quote]

Yes, first house off the street is the plan 2 not plan 1.

Plan 2 is acceptable but too voyueristic for me. Because the others are so bad that made this plan better by comparison.

[quote author="waitin4ever"]

Where am i going with all this. I'm planning to buy in the new collection homes. Fortunately my target plan is BK approved as well!!!!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
[/quote]

Are you all sorry to see me leave this thread and kept throwing bait here to lure me back!

Both plan 2 and 3 are well thought out. They are efficient and furnishible with a TV wall.

I hate TV cramped above a fireplace. Only a restaurant bar and hospital elevate the TV to address the higher bar stools and patients sitting on the elevated recovery bed.

Back