Who bought the 2010 home?

nytransplant said:
PPBABA said:
The sales guy at Carmel said it will be off Keystone, and the optional bonus room will become standard and they will up the price accordingly. So yeah... our children will not know what a 3 car garage look like...

So if they are off of keystone who will be in the lots betwen the new Carmel and Sonoma?

Sonoma staff told me million dollar homes with traditional sized lots built by the Irvine Company..  so Irvine Pacific? 

PPBABA said:
The sales guy at Carmel said it will be off Keystone, and the optional bonus room will become standard and they will up the price accordingly. So yeah... our children will not know what a 3 car garage look like...

At least the location is much better for Carmel II. Who wants a Carmel I million dollar home sandwiched between all the motorcourts and have no pocket parks?

Was just told this morning by Carmel salesperson: Carmel I sold out. Carmel II first release expected in September, construction beggins October, first move in by April. Plan 1 will include upstairs master as standard, plan 2 standard bonus room and conservatory, plan 3 adds another bedroom + standard conservatory (plan 3 will be around 3600 sqf.). Price tag: 200k more than Carmel I.

I would just like to share that I had a dream last night that I was touring model homes at Woodbury, with some TI people who were discussing the floor plan and tv placement issues.

I think it's fairly clear that I need a life.

traceimage said:
I would just like to share that I had a dream last night that I was touring model homes at Woodbury, with some TI people who were discussing the floor plan and tv placement issues.

I think it's fairly clear that I need a life.

Wait!!!  That sounds so familiar.  Ah, that actually happened at PrimRose in PS.  Right IHO?

BTW, props to your wife.  We didn't notice the corners of all walls at all.  Yes, Montecito's corners are round instead of sharp corners.

I actually saw no pocket park as a plus... since they can rent out parks for parties and weddings, I really don't like having parties every other weekend across the street from my house.

iacrenter said:
PPBABA said:

At least the location is much better for Carmel II. Who wants a Carmel I million dollar home sandwiched between all the motorcourts and have no pocket parks?

Wow... Trace is the resident psychic now. I found it funny that fe9000 was looking for TV placement walls and I was looking for a big shower.

PPBABA said:
I actually saw no pocket park as a plus... since they can rent out parks for parties and weddings, I really don't like having parties every other weekend across the street from my house.

iacrenter said:
PPBABA said:

You can really rent out those pocket parks? 

lula said:
Was just told this morning by Carmel salesperson: Carmel I sold out. Carmel II first release expected in September, construction beggins October, first move in by April. Plan 1 will include upstairs master as standard, plan 2 standard bonus room and conservatory, plan 3 adds another bedroom + standard conservatory (plan 3 will be around 3600 sqf.). Price tag: 200k more than Carmel I.

The plan 3 seems very big.  Why are they making the conservatory standard?  Where are they going to gad another room (or are they eliminating the loft)?

nytransplant said:
lula said:
The plan 3 seems very big.  Why are they making the conservatory standard?  Where are they going to gad another room (or are they eliminating the loft)?
So they realize that at those price points, you need additional downstairs living spaces. Since these will be on slightly bigger lots, the loss of the Cali Rooms will be made up by bigger backyards.

As for the additional bedroom on the plan 3. If you choose the option with the bonus room, you can add another bedroom above the 1st floor den/bedroom so you have that 5th bedroom AND the bonus room right in front of it. Good move in my opinion as that gives you a 5-bedroom house with an upstairs living space.

Still only 2-car garages but back when I was looking at Mille Fleur, the sales office said that most owners chose the downstairs bedroom option over the 3rd car tandem space. I still think they should leave that as an option but then they would have to modify their floorplans to accomodate such flexibility.

For plan 3 - if they make the bonus room into a bedroom, then there is no bonus room.  I do not think a 5th bedroom over the downstairs room was an option.  That pace is already mostly occupied by the current bonus room. 

My pick would be the plan 2 with the conservatory and bonus room - as long as the entry way does not look too dark.

nytransplant said:
For plan 3 - if they make the bonus room into a bedroom, then there is no bonus room.  I do not think a 5th bedroom over the downstairs room was an option.  That pace is already mostly occupied by the current bonus room. 

My pick would be the plan 2 with the conservatory and bonus room - as long as the entry way does not look too dark.

We bought the plan 2 in Carmel 1, with the open bonus room. The entry way is very bright and airy. I think they made the Cali room standard because most buyers opted for the conservatory anyway over at Carmel I.

nytransplant said:
Configure the floor plan with the open bonus room... then imagine at the wall closest to the front, a door that leads to a 5th bedroom that is over the lower floor room. It's not in the current Carmel Plan 3 but lula said they were modifying the configurations for Carmel II and to me that makes sense to have a 5 bedroom house with a upstairs bonus room/loft area and that seems the easiest way to do it without redoing the entire floorplan.

It turns out that the 5th bedroom is on the first floor, apparently beyond the conservatory AND you'd still get a cali room on the other side... Yes, I know, weird, right? In any case they are still working out the modifications. It seems that they want to create a central courtyard that connects w/ the patio (that is supposed to be at least 20 ft. deep). The question now is:  How are they going to sell those big boxes without an actual model?

Wow... deep lots.

Beyond the conservatory? Are you sure they aren't shrinking the conservatory, putting the bedroom on the other side and putting the Cali Room between the two?

Considering how far Carmel II is from Carmel... maybe they are going to make new models.

Thanks for the update Lula.

The cali rooms are usually 10 feet deep.  Are the making them bigger or is the entire courtyard going to be 20' deep?

Back