What the "Dow" is happening?

morekaos said:
I didn't blame the Dems for the fall yesterday.  I pointed out long ago that interest rates, being driven by inflation, the effect of a very strong economy driven by MAGA, will cause near term volatility and opportunities.  Totally normal and part of our now normalizing business cycle.  hint: if a money manager tells you "your account will go up every day"...run away from that guy.
https://youtu.be/vUXGDk4iVfA

https://youtu.be/vUXGDk4iVfA

"Money manager"? Hah, soo early 2000s. If you have money to invest, read, learn, and don't waste money on grifters.

Yes I am sure your Robo advisor is answering phones today....or crashing as they often do.  My clients like the human factor and are more than happy to get what they pay for.

Robo advisor websites crashed, cutting clients off from accounts

Robo advisors haven?t had much experience with market routs. When confronted with one on Monday, they struggled.

The web sites of two of the country?s biggest robo advisors ? Wealthfront and Betterment ? crashed as the S&P 500 sank 4.1%. Complaints quickly spread across Reddit and other Internet sites from people who had trouble logging onto their accounts. ?Really?? wrote @jlpatel23 after he received a message from Wealthfront saying its site was down.

The glitches represent a setback for a niche of the financial market industry that has been booming of late as people have become more comfortable making investment decisions without speaking to human advisors.

https://www.financial-planning.com/articles/robo-adviser-websites-crashed-cutting-clients-off-from-accounts

eyephone said:
Just reallocated my four Oh one Kay

Thought about doing this but I never know when to reallocate back and usually miss the boat.  Figure I'll just ride it out and keep dollar cost averaging into it.

aquabliss said:
eyephone said:

Thought about doing this but I never know when to reallocate back and usually miss the boat.  Figure I'll just ride it out and keep dollar cost averaging into it.

My thought proces: already up this year so let?s see where we go approach. I can always switch back.

^ Peace and mind. Reduce the stress

some people seem to have short memories when it has come to rate hikes this year.  we'll be back to 26.5k by the end of the month and blasting through 27k when the blue wave comes in low tide. 

morekaos said:
Yes I am sure your Robo advisor is answering phones today....or crashing as they often do.  My clients like the human factor and are more than happy to get what they pay for.

Robo advisor websites crashed, cutting clients off from accounts

Robo advisors haven?t had much experience with market routs. When confronted with one on Monday, they struggled.

The web sites of two of the country?s biggest robo advisors ? Wealthfront and Betterment ? crashed as the S&P 500 sank 4.1%. Complaints quickly spread across Reddit and other Internet sites from people who had trouble logging onto their accounts. ?Really?? wrote @jlpatel23 after he received a message from Wealthfront saying its site was down.

The glitches represent a setback for a niche of the financial market industry that has been booming of late as people have become more comfortable making investment decisions without speaking to human advisors.

https://www.financial-planning.com/articles/robo-adviser-websites-crashed-cutting-clients-off-from-accounts

Nope, you don't need a robo-adviser, or any other type of wealth adviser. Just boring low-cost index funds.

Warren Buffett wins $1M bet against hedge funds and gives it to girls' charity https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-against-hedge-funds-girls-charity/996993001/

aquabliss said:
eyephone said:

On the phone taking calls from family members and friends. how to change their 40h won. This sh## is real.

(How am I suppose to know how every interface works?)

A few thoughts on this sell off

People keep blaming the fed but rising rates are not the real problem . If economy is expected to grow at a faster pace than Fed is hiking rates , it is totally not  a problem

What is happening, as I have mentioned several times before , is stocks have an extremely high hurdle rate to clear for 2019 ? set by 2018 earnings which were just exceptional so far , juiced by tax cuts and solid topline growth in the US

but stocks always look forward ? so what began as a sell off in emerging markets and then cyclicals and then small caps has now spread to large cap growth . Rotation from growth into value ? notice how telecom stocks like Verizon close to 1y highs

Why are rates not lower ?  As mentioned earlier (I forgot which thread I said this in) ?

the fed is Locked and loaded into quarterly hikes and not blinking . But the mortgage experts here will notice that long dated rates (long bonds) have started to rally again . This is the market telling fed , we don?t see the long term pickup in growth that you are seeing . And with short term trade wars, there is also the risk of a policy mistake .

For where long rates go in the future - carefully watch European (German) bonds ? they will somewhat dictate us long dated interest rates .

I bought tactically in feb and then got out recently in August  , missed some of the upside , but now it?s worked out in hindsight  . For me to buy this market again , I need to see 1) less disruption from trade 2) signs that 2019 earnings forecast don?t start to come down yet again .

Market will be higher tomorrow ? Machines don?t want to be short before a weekend in case trump and xi  Renew their love . Remember when I said ignore the new nafta nonsense , it is all about China ?

Don?t forget to pay the purple font 3 percent commission for this free advice :)

qwerty said:
Futures are up 250!!!! Back to making money! :)

Want to make money tomorrow?  Follow my lead.  Wake up at 6:30am and buy tomorrow expiry out of the money puts on QQQ and SPY.  If the Dow opens up 300 or 400 points, S&P and Nasqaq will follow and these puts will be dirt cheap as soon as prices adjust at open. 

I have a feeling big money will be selling at open if there is a bounce and downward pressure will ensue and markets will fall into the afternoon.  Sell before close for huuuuuuuge (Donald Trump accent) gains.

I?m not always right but I have a good feeling about this one and I?ve been cashing in the last 2 Days.

aquabliss said:
Want to make money tomorrow?  Follow my lead.  Wake up at 6:30am and buy tomorrow expiry out of the money puts on QQQ and SPY.  If the Dow opens up 300 or 400 points, S&P and Nasqaq will follow and these puts will be dirt cheap as soon as prices adjust at open. 

I have a feeling big money will be selling at open if there is a bounce and downward pressure will ensue and markets will fall into the afternoon.  Sell before close for huuuuuuuge (Donald Trump accent) gains.

I?m not always right but I have a good feeling about this one and I?ve been cashing in the last 2 Days.

Damn that was a good call - like clockwork all Dow gains gone within 3 hours of opening bell.

I hope people who wanted to get out, did so on Tuesday . I still haven?t seen any reason to get back in on a beta/index level.

Playing out just as I thought . Now below 200dma 

There will be an opportunity to get back in . We are not there yet .

fortune11 said:
Playing out just as I thought . Now below 200dma 

There will be an opportunity to get back in . We are not there yet .

Let us know when we you get back in.

Back