What the "Dow" is happening?

broke the key support level of 200 day moving average today and now all bets are off.  It says a lot that machines didn't feel the need to panic buy SPX all way past its 200DMA into the close, something which they dutifully did twice before in the last eight weeks.

what I also find amusing about this environment is watching these talking heads and financial media types and financial advisors try to contort themselves every day to explain why the market went up 60 and next day it went down 80 and then right after again went up 70 ....

Very hard for people to admit that they simply don't know.  Human mind being what it is, has to take comfort in narratives and stories.

Cmon dow 20k!!! Mostly in cash right now. I did pick up SSO today when the market was down about 600 points. Will continue to pick up more. I agree with morekaos, I think we will go back to 26,500 - 27,000

I think ok to add some now since you can never perfectly time the  bottom anyways , but keep watching the feb intra day lows - if we break below them there is more machine-driven selling to come ...

but another slap in the face for those directly correlating tax cuts to near term  stock market gains as we are now several percentage points below December levels.  this is why explaining every move in the markets is a fools errand ...  never mix your politics with your $$

This should be interesting. The stock isn't really up $26.00 as the $132 pricing was pulled out of Goldman Sachs ass.  It's been trading in about a $13 range but if someone decides to sell, without syndicate support for the price, it could be bombs away!!

The chart tells you all you need to know ... see how neatly it is hugging the 200-day moving average every time we have sold off.  Now next time someone tries to talk about fundamentals ...

Attachments

• $SPX_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_04_03_2018.png
    $SPX_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_04_03_2018.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 231
eyephone said:
FB dived after earnings.

Last I checked was 20 percent down aftermarket

If this is how it opens , will be an earthquake tomorrow

The F in FAANG  getting destroyed won?t be pretty

jajji said:
Picked up more FB afterhours for a 20% discount.

There are over 1 billion instagram users now lol.

Yes exactly . FB owns both instagram and WhatsApp

The only issue is does it change from growth to value territory ? good cash flow , but forward earnings outlook not as great

Holy Crap those FB $180 puts with Friday expiry were .07c at close, potentially worth $8 each tomorrow at open...

Invest $1,000 today worth $100,000 in the morning.

Which high growth story is left then?

fortune11 said:
jajji said:
Picked up more FB afterhours for a 20% discount.

There are over 1 billion instagram users now lol.

Yes exactly . FB owns both instagram and WhatsApp

The only issue is does it change from growth to value territory ? good cash flow , but forward earnings outlook not as great

aquabliss said:
Holy Crap those FB $180 puts with Friday expiry were .07c at close, potentially worth $8 each tomorrow at open...

Invest $1,000 today worth $100,000 in the morning.

Came here to see if you bought puts yesterday.

Why didn't we think of doing that with the privacy thing and stock at an all time high?

Tech stocks got slammed today. Congress grilled Facebook and Twitter. (Google rep didn?t show up - to be continued)

Back