What is happening to the Republicans?

Having been deployed to both Qatar and Afghanistan I can tell you that they are quite different

For example, I don't think there are any swim-up Applebee's in Afghanistan. But the one in Doha is dope.

Read Doha Agreement signed on February 29, 2020, by Trump and Taliban, moreliar.

On 29 February 2020, the US and the Taliban signed the Doha Agreement (officially titled the "Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan") that provided for the withdrawal from Afghanistan of "all military forces of the United States, its allies, and Coalition partners, including all non-diplomatic civilian personnel, private security contractors, trainers, advisors, and supporting services personnel" within 14 months (ie., by 1 May 2021). "

Biden pushed the withdrawal to a later date so that non military personnel had time to leave, but those dumb asses decided to stay behind, causing problems for military withdrawal.

fatduck said:
Having been deployed to both Qatar and Afghanistan I can tell you that they are quite different

Of course they are, that?s not my total point. Maintaining  bases  (especially ones we built) in semi hostile territories are something we are pretty good at. The challenges of Bagrahm would have been met and it would have provided significant stability to the government and been of strategic importance to the region. Now, all the prisoners are running the government and the Chinese are moving into our offices.  Not a good ending.

morekaos said:
fatduck said:

Of course they are, that?s not my total point. Maintaining  bases  (especially ones we built) in semi hostile territories are something we are pretty good at. The challenges of Bagrahm would have been met and it would have provided significant stability to the government and been of strategic importance to the region. Now, all the prisoners are running the government and the Chinese are moving into our offices.  Not a good ending.
You have no idea what you're talking about, truly

Semi hostile territories LMAO

CalBears96 said:
Read Doha Agreement signed on February 29, 2020, by Trump and Taliban, moreliar.

On 29 February 2020, the US and the Taliban signed the Doha Agreement (officially titled the "Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan") that provided for the withdrawal from Afghanistan of "all military forces of the United States, its allies, and Coalition partners, including all non-diplomatic civilian personnel, private security contractors, trainers, advisors, and supporting services personnel" within 14 months (ie., by 1 May 2021). "

Biden pushed the withdrawal to a later date so that non military personnel had time to leave, but those dumb asses decided to stay behind, causing problems for military withdrawal.

The Trump plan included retaining control of Bagram Air Base until all Americans were withdrawn from Afghanistan. Bagram has two runways and other facilities that safely can handle significant amounts of traffic and also host a large population. Kabul airport has just one runway.

?No one in their right mind would have closed Bagram Air Base while leaving behind thousands of civilians,?

Milley also said the generals ?estimated that the risk? of going out of Bagram or Karzai International ?was about the same,? but he also acknowledged that Joe Biden did not leave enough troops for a scenario in which an evacuation was necessary to hold Bagram, protect the embassy, and protect Karzai International.

Bagram also was home to a prison where the U.S. held accused terrorists who were set to be prosecuted. Among them were alleged senior Al Qaida operatives. After seizing the base, the Taliban released thousands of prisoners who were considered to be a high threat to the West.

The U.S. never planned simply to release those prisoners.

?Everything changed when the new commander in chief declared that U.S. forces would leave Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, pushing back the Trump administration?s timetable by four months. Crucially, he didn?t condition the withdrawal on continued adherence to the agreed-upon stipulations. It would be an unconditional pullout with an arbitrary date based on pure symbolism ? and set in stone.

?At that point, the Taliban sat back and waited for the date to draw near, then launched a countrywide offensive, knowing they had no reason to fear any reprisals from this administration. The ongoing chaos ? not least the stranding of U.S. personnel and allies ? was the natural result of the Biden administration?s decision to eschew a conditions-based plan.?

fatduck said:
morekaos said:
fatduck said:

You have no idea what you're talking about, truly

Semi hostile territories LMAO

Would you call Guantanamo or any base in Iraq ?friendly??

What part of civilians weren't even supposed to be there don't you understand, moretroll? Original timeline was May 1st. What were civilians doing there past May 1st?

All I see is deflection from moreliar.

CalBears96 said:
What part of civilians weren't even supposed to be there don't you understand, moretroll? Original timeline was May 1st. What were civilians doing there past May 1st?

All I see is deflection from moreliar.

So its the civilians fault? Talk about deflection. Who knows why but Brandon left them?

Nearly two dozen California students and parents are among the thousands currently stranded in Afghanistan after taking a summer trip to visit family.

More than 30 California children still stuck in Afghanistan

SAN DIEGO (AP) ? More than 30 California children are stuck in Afghanistan after they traveled to the country to see their relatives weeks before the Taliban seized power and were unable to get out before U.S. forces left, according to school districts where the kids are enrolled.

Officials with three school districts ? one in the San Diego area and two in Sacramento ? said Wednesday that they have been in contact with the families who fear they have been forgotten by the U.S. government. The officials said that some of the children were born in the United States and are U.S. citizens

https://news.yahoo.com/more-30-california-children-still-202629132.html

How dense are you? Of course it's their fault for traveling to Afghanistan knowing that the US are withdrawing. Is it a secret that the US is withdrawing? No, it's been known for more than a year.

Stop being dense. Stop deflecting.

CalBears96 said:
How dense are you? Of course it's their fault for traveling to Afghanistan knowing that the US are withdrawing. Is it a secret that the US is withdrawing? No, it's been known for more than a year.

Stop being dense. Stop deflecting.

President Dense left Americans behind enemy line.  American children. California children. And hundreds of others. Hasn't lifted a finger to try and help because he needed to have dinner in Scotland to discuss nonsensical nonpromises?.Shamefully, all for a photo op. As dense and unAmerican as one could get.

Here?you?ll love this?they obviously take Brandon as serious as I do?

China mocks 'powerless' Joe after his apology for US pulling out of Paris Accords: State-run newspaper says they can't wait for 'Trump to say sorry for Biden in 2024'

Biden?s apology in Glasgow shows hypocrisy, powerlessness of US politicians

Unlike what Biden may have expected, the apology triggered ridicule. Quite a few netizens, including those from the US, claimed they cannot wait until 2024 when the Republican Party, or even Donald Trump himself, apologizes for Biden's apology.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202111/1237944.shtml

No, in this case the opinion expressed in a state run Chinese paper reflects the Chinese governments measure of President Brandon?and it?s not good, but it is insightful.

Texas is declaring war on Christmas!

Now that Halloween is over almost everywhere you go there are signs of Christmas. But a bar in Dallas seems to have declared war on the holiday

https://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/the-scene/a-ban-on-mariah-carey-a-dallas-bar-says-yes/2799086/

How dare they!

Back