What happened to the IHB and some suggestions...

I'm usually pretty oblivious, so I'm glad I actually saw the annoucement on the old board before wondering why all the posting had stopped.

My bookmark opened to the blog so I usually skimmed before heading to the forums. Will anyone still follow what happens there?

So good to see Trooper already over here. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I got a feeling our old friends over at IHB are going to be surfing here and not be getting a very warm and fuzzy feeling when all is said and done. The boys could have played this whole thing very differently. But the little "Greed" button went off in their brains and blinded them when the IHB website and all of our hits created a perceived opportunity to cash in. I know its tough times. But just about every business decision I have seen them make has been either poorly conceived, poorly executed, or just really WTF were you guys thinking.

Thanks to SoCal78 for giving us this forum. I would also be willing to contribute via my PayPal account.

Ahh... Trooper is back... maybe the IHB forums closing down was better than I thought.

Now someone has to convince bk to make the jump... do I have to leave Irvine and actually go to Santa Ana?

Hmm... I see an irvinerenter member... is that Larry?

Maybe tenmagnet will come back (even more bk bait).

And, since this isn't connected to monetize IHB... have the troll gloves for novas and graph been reduced to the 4oz open finger ones?

IHO is correct. If you go to the home page, look at the Info Center > Forum Statistics > "View the 10 most recent posts"

Also added just now is a "Questions" section in the new Tech Support category so we can put them there for easy reference and quick help.

Is there a way to change the last column of Last Post- my eyes go toward the "Today" or Yesterday" but not to what the actual last posting was. Is there a way to flip that to show on the first row what the last thread was added to- or at least bolding it? Maybe it's something i have to get used to in these new boards.

[quote author="Trooper"]A little birdie told me about this new forum.......HEY EVERYONE! I'VE MISSED YOU ALL![/quote]

HELL YEAH! Trooper is back! I love it! I/we missed you sooooo much!

[quote author="tyr"]I thought for sure he'd collect the financial and intellectual resources of IHB to form a vulture fund/land bank. At least, that's what I would do if someone asked my advice. Which no one has.[/quote]

Don't feel too bad about that. A lot people freely offered their advice in the spirit of wanting them to succeed. They chose not to listen (or mostly not listen). Consider it time saved. ;D

[quote author="tyr"]I thought for sure he'd collect the financial and intellectual resources of IHB to form a vulture fund/land bank. At least, that's what I would do if someone asked my advice. Which no one has.[/quote]

Maybe your advice was taken, even if no one asked... or knows who you are. Great minds think alike. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Its nice to find this new site.

I, like others, used to read the blog post first and then occasionally migrate over to the forums. Then in the last few months I found myself going straight to the forums and sometimes skipping the blog posts completely.

I look forward to making TalkIrvine my new daily addiction.....

[quote author="chuck"]Its nice to find this new site.

I, like others, used to read the blog post first and then occasionally migrate over to the forums. Then in the last few months I found myself going straight to the forums and sometimes skipping the blog posts completely.

I look forward to making TalkIrvine my new daily addiction.....[/quote]
Welcome... I was the opposite... I started in the forums and then went to the blog occasionally... I just think the forum structure holds conversations better than the comments section in the main blog.

It will be interesting to see who actually transfers from the IHB and who is actually new. The current member list is very intriguing... I check it every once and a while to see if BK signs up (grrrrr).

[quote author="jumpcut"]Glad I was able to figure out how to get my old avatar back! <!-- s;-) -->;-)<!-- s;-) -->[/quote]

I must say, it goes perfectly with the caption too. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[quote author="staggerlee"]
[quote author="bltserv"]I got a feeling our old friends over at IHB are going to be surfing here and not be getting a very warm and fuzzy feeling when all is said and done. The boys could have played this whole thing very differently. But the little "Greed" button went off in their brains and blinded them when the IHB website and all of our hits created a perceived opportunity to cash in. I know its tough times. But just about every business decision I have seen them make has been either poorly conceived, poorly executed, or just really WTF were you guys thinking.[/quote]

Just for starters, I would have asked the RE and mortgage professionals already on the forums to meet and discuss possible business plans, with the intention of creating a brokerage, and inviting them to join. Then I would have used to blog's reputation for critical assessment or listings to showcase the firm's desire to help people save money, showing recent closed sales that fell within the firm's guidlines. Finally, I would have reached out to the community at large and offered bounties on listings that were a)priced attractively, b) forwarded to the firm, and c) sold through one of the firm's agents, turning potentially everyone on the forums into a scout working for a small commission.

Instead, they are systemically reducing their customer base and ruining their brand's reputation. Fundamental stupidity is not a good attribute for business. If they do actually close the forums, they will squander their last advantage in the marketplace.[/quote]
Ummm, that attempt was already made without much success on their part...just like BLT said, they were too greedy. Take a read at my post on the other thread:

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=15&page=2

[quote author="jumpcut"]Glad I was able to figure out how to get my old avatar back! <!-- s;-) -->;-)<!-- s;-) -->[/quote]

You'd better upload that avatar somewhere other than IHB (maybe photobucket?). The way things are going, before you know it, it'll be gone as well.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that Larry and Zovall were just being greedy and hypocritical. My bullsh*t meter hit a record high the day the "brokerage" account was announced (which IMO, due to the nature of what IHB was, should have never happened). Even so, if anyone deserved to have been brought into their fold it should have been Scott - uh, IR2. When they dissed Scott, they lost me. Well...actually, when they became "brokers, they lost me. Who the eff is Shevy anyways....geez.

They should have shown more respect to the people who made IHB what it was.

im curious to see what their traffic numbers are going to look like after this friday. my guess is they will be tumbling down! Thanks for starting this place Socal.

Back