What happened to the IHB and some suggestions...

[quote author="jumpcut"]Hey, it's still November, but my profile says "Joined: Dec 2009"?? I wanna be one of the first ones who joined in November too! <!-- s;-) -->;-)<!-- s;-) -->[/quote]

Does your post show it's December too? If so, you can modify your profile to the correct time zone. Maybe, just maybe your join date will follow (crossing fingers).

Hey, do I see Mr. SoCal? It's a new day in Irvine. We'll all be just fine <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

[quote author="jumpcut"]
[quote author="Mr. SC"]

Does your post show it's December too? If so, you can modify your profile to the correct time zone. Maybe, just maybe your join date will follow (crossing fingers).
[/quote]
My time zone is set correctly, Pacific (Irvine) Time. I think it must be the master date on the forum software that is showing December. It looks like everyone who joined after about 7pm on November 30 is showing a join date of December.[/quote]

You must be right then, it's probably UTC time. Sorry, it was worth a shot. The default timezone for the forums is also set to Pacific. :-/

[quote author="FreedomCM"]So let me get this straight, we cannot talk about RE until Saturday?

Isn't that what we spend all of our time, both on line and off, talking about, or at least 50% of the time?

anyway, thanks for setting this up.[/quote]

Hey, freedom.

You can all go ahead and discuss real estate, I just can't officially foster the conversation, i.e. create a board for it yet, incorporate it into the site's name, etc. ... until after Friday when IHB removes the link redirecting users here. If somebody makes a post now with something to do about RE, it will not be deleted.

I can't believe I'm posting this... but can we make the font bigger? Especially the quoted posts. The inability to see is making me feel old. :-/

[quote author="Mojo"]Perhaps we can slightly darken the background. The white is a bit stark. Otherwise, thanks for the effort of making a new forum, you guys.[/quote]

Ok, what I'm going to do is try out a darker background right now, but start out modestly so you can see if you like it. Hopefully this can help everyone's eyes adjust from IHBlue. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="SoCal78"]Ok, now how is it? Too dismal, me thinks.[/quote]

Try a darker field for the post area and a lighter one for the background.

Also, don't get discouraged... it took me a full day to get the IHB colors just right.

[quote author="jumpcut"]
[quote author="Mr. SC"]

[/quote]
My time zone is set correctly, Pacific (Irvine) Time. I think it must be the master date on the forum software that is showing December. It looks like everyone who joined after about 7pm on November 30 is showing a join date of December.[/quote]

I want November, too!

*crosses arms to pout.* :'(

Still stark white.

I used Developer Gray... never liked the blue.

Oh, wait, maybe you mean the header bar. That's a mellow blue and okay, but the text backgroud is still gleam white of the type to make a crest strips user jealous.

[quote author="evalseraphim"]Mom - Can I have a food & dining section, please? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

Your wish is my command.

i-dream-of-jeannie.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote author="mcdonna1980"]I can't believe I'm posting this... but can we make the font bigger? Especially the quoted posts. The inability to see is making me feel old. :-/[/quote]

Yah, I'll do what I can. This site was put together in a very short period of time so I'm sure we'll test out new things along the way. We may try a new skin at some point. I think I'll go start a thread where you all can list questions or requests in one spot for easy reference.

[quote author="traceimage"]I'm really liking the exalt/smite buttons. I don't know what they do...but they are intriguing![/quote]

Ditto on that.

I feel like a kid in an elevator. I want to push all the buttons to figure out what they do, but am too scared.

Thanks so much, SoCal78, for setting this up. I don't live in Irvine, have no intention of living in Irvine, but loved the forums for the range of information, and the personalities.... I hope a lot of people figure out how to make the change. (I don't think Zovall's announcement was all that prominent. I was reading the IHB forums and couldn't figure out why everyone was saying goodbye.... so then I started looking, and found it.)

Another sub-forum suggestion, the Deals one is missing (for reason and USC).

And then you may want to add a Non-Irvine section so novas, graph and all the others can have a spot in the sandbox.

SoCal78 (and I assume Mr. SoCal): Thanks for continuing the spirit of the IHB... if you need any tech help... feel free to ask.

Thanks to IHB for a professional transition - it could have been worse.

But it did happen at a critical time for me - I was formulating a very important post on the new OC housewife. That post is in danger, but I may manage to save it. ;D

Seriously, the important thing is a true and accurate debate.
The truth shall set you free.

On occasion, the truth is like chaining yourself to a 500 pound of scrap metal and tossing it off the Long Beach pier. Like the double standard of spelling errors on certain MLS listings...

Back