Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

Villager said:
aquabliss said:
Villager said:
WTTCHMN said:
Irvine approves land swap, moves state?s veterans cemetery project forward

I wonder what Haddad is going to build there instead??

The council on Tuesday later discussed a zoning change to allow development of 812,000 square feet of research and development uses at the original cemetery site north of the Great Park. The site is also adjacent to FivePoint?s developing Great Park Neighborhoods.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/2...ves-states-veterans-cemetery-project-forward/
I pray that Fivepoint develops some kind of retail. I've never been interested in living near the Great Park for commute reasons, but the residents of GP, PS, and Altair need a nearby retail option with a grocery store. The nearest grocery store is a ten minute drive away... eight minutes too many, IMO.

Takes like 4 min max for PP and BP residents to get to Ralph's and TJ's.
Yep they are pretty close to Woodbury Town Center. I was referring more to the future GP developments closer to Altair, on the other side of Bosque. Should have been more specific.

Don't forget Portola too.  WAY too far. 

Loco_local said:
It's not really a matter of how often you go to the grocery store, it's a matter of having the option. The convenience of having a grocery store in close proximity to where you live will never dawn on you until you're baking brownies, and you're one egg short.

Next time you make brownies, give some to your neighbors so if you're ever an egg short again, you can go over and ask for one.

I'd happily share my eggs for a piece of brownie. :p

Loco_local said:
Next time you make brownies, give some to your neighbors so if you're ever an egg short again, you can go over and ask for one.

Wouldn't this require talking to your neighbors though?

Irvine Veteran Cemetery: The gift that keeps on giving.
I thank the drama gods for this abundance they have bestowed upon us.

Check out what showed up in my mailbox today. I'm actually going to sign it and send back. Is this essentially an Irvine Co versus five points fight? Is Bren trying to give the big middle finger to five points?

I can't imagine how pissed those people that bought in Altair would be if they move the cemetery back to original location.

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 320
rickr said:
Check out what showed up in my mailbox today. I'm actually going to sign it and send back. Is this essentially an Irvine Co versus five points fight? Is Bren trying to give the big middle finger to five points?

I can't imagine how pissed those people that bought in Altair would be if they move the cemetery back to original location.

The funny thing is that the people wanting the move back don't realize that the changes might cause the cemetery to never be built.

At first when I read this I thought they were trying to move the cemetery back to its original location but no, they want it at the freeway site where I thought it already is/was/decided it would be moved.  Why do they have to petition to have it at the fwy site location?

aquabliss said:
At first when I read this I thought they were trying to move the cemetery back to its original location but no, they want it at the freeway site where I thought it already is/was/decided it would be moved.  Why do they have to petition to have it at the fwy site location?
The mail-in petition was a counter-petition to the original petition, which was calling for the cemetery to be moved back to its original location (or at least to call for a "referendum" deciding where the cemetery should go). The counter-petition is against the referendum taking place, and calls for the cemetery to remain in at the approved land-swap freeway site... This is all becoming very confusing.

jmoney74 said:
rickr said:

The funny thing is that the people wanting the move back don't realize that the changes might cause the cemetery to never be built.

Let?s play it this way. In the end it will serve the tax payers better. Haha

Drove by at lunch time, they already have the armed forces flags up at the strawberry fields (Barranca and Alton).  Guess its official...

5zpz6.jpg

Back