Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

From a real estate POV...this is good for those living in Stonegate and now with the proposed rezoning of Stonegate to Northwood HS, Stonegate should be a prime location for housing. 

Until the situation gets cleared up, GP is going have a hard time selling to Chinese/Asians.

Portola Spring gets nailed again.

Just an FYI, I was at the Ralphs on Irvine blvd/Sand canyon getting some groceries around 9:30-10:00 pm and there were 2 very aggressive people asking everyone who walked in "are you registered to vote in Irvine" trying to get people to sign the petition to move the cemetery site.  People were saying they talked to the ralphs managers that this wasn't allowed but they continued I'm sure for hours.  Wonder whose paying these people to stand  out there all day  :-X  they will probably be there today as well if anyone wants a good convo

nothing has happened.. yet.  This is all a political push from TIC and Five points.  lol. 

Petitioners submit 19,140 signatures to overturn Irvine?s decision on veterans cemetery location

Larry Agran on the far right in the photo.

When staff finishes checking the submitted petitions, the city will send them to the Orange County Registrar of Voters to verify, within 30 days from Thursday, that there are at least 11,939 signatures.

The city must pay the Registrar of Voters $3.40 per signature for verification. The city also has received 2,960 forms to withdraw signatures, officials said.

If enough petition signatures are verified, the city can decide either to repeal its ordinance to rezone the original cemetery site or let Irvine voters decide.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/0...vines-decision-on-veterans-cemetery-location/

WTTCHMN said:
Petitioners submit 19,140 signatures to overturn Irvine?s decision on veterans cemetery location

Larry Agran on the far right in the photo.

When staff finishes checking the submitted petitions, the city will send them to the Orange County Registrar of Voters to verify, within 30 days from Thursday, that there are at least 11,939 signatures.

The city must pay the Registrar of Voters $3.40 per signature for verification. The city also has received 2,960 forms to withdraw signatures, officials said.

If enough petition signatures are verified, the city can decide either to repeal its ordinance to rezone the original cemetery site or let Irvine voters decide.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/0...vines-decision-on-veterans-cemetery-location/

If it goes to the voters...you are going to have a clash of culture.

Irvinecommuter said:
If it goes to the voters...you are going to have a clash of culture.

America's veterans
team-america_1.jpg

VS.

Team China
big-trouble-in-little-china-big-trouble-in-little-china-30907446-853-480.jpg

Machavelian.

The 241/91 interchange area will be very hard to get to during rush hour, but it does make sense if it?s bigger and less costly to clean up.

Thanks BTB!!!! :)

I stated in my BTB-Save the Veteran Memorial thread, that the ARDA site is placeholder for a location, while the application going through an approval process with the VA/State/Fed etc....It was NEVER intended to be the location for the memorial. No one listen......BTB was exuberant that Great Park homes will falter once the vote NO passed, because he thought it will bring down his adversary and MAX ROI on Delano. How wrong and gullible it turn out of BTB.

Hold on a sec.  I was promised sweet sweet FCB tears if I voted no on B.  I'm feeling bamboozled here.

Or were the no on B voters the cunning ones?  We love and respect all veterans but let?s punt this thing outta Irvine :)

Agran and his PAC did a real disservice to veterans and their families. They derailed a reasonable compromise that had city backing and put serious doubt on a resting place at the former El Toro base. When are they going to put Larry in jail?

bones said:
Or were the no on B voters the cunning ones?  We love and respect all veterans but let?s punt this thing outta Irvine :)

I think overall Irvine does not want it here. The land values is too high for it. Proper planning is true to Irvine roots.

Back