Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

eyephone said:

Comes again? This could be the best thing for GP homeowners. You will see a great open space, it will be well develop and maintain by the State funds. The vet memorial will be beautiful rather than compact and dense homes.
I've been to a few vet memorial San Diego, UCLA area, Arlington. All of those locations are prominnent and well regards.

The values of homes will actually goes up. This is the best choice given. Until something else derail it. Now the lands next to Portola High will move forward. People have been complain about over crowding at Wooodbury shopping center and here is a real chance of getting the next retail center surrounding the area up and running.

The former golf course site and now vet memorial site is far enough and has enough buffers to shield any concerns, in my opinion.

I haven't seen anything about retail on the ARDA site. It would be a perfect spot for some, but I just assumed they would build more homes since they are putting retail at the base camp site in the great park.

Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:

Comes again? This could be the best thing for GP homeowners. You will see a great open space, it will be well develop and maintain by the State funds. The vet memorial will be beautiful rather than compact and dense homes.
I've been to a few vet memorial San Diego, UCLA area, Arlington. All of those locations are prominnent and well regards.

The values of homes will actually goes up. This is the best choice given. Until something else derail it. Now the lands next to Portola High will move forward. People have been complain about over crowding at Wooodbury shopping center and here is a real chance of getting the next retail center surrounding the area up and running.

The former golf course site and now vet memorial site is far enough and has enough buffers to shield any concerns, in my opinion.

We knew the vets will prevail to get the cemetery. That?s why we said what we said. Low and behold it came true!

I don?t know if the GP homeowners feel the same as you do.

eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:

We knew the vets will prevail to get the cemetery. That?s why we said what we said. Low and behold it came true!

I don?t know if the GP homeowners feel the same as you do.

Speaking of Belly, you keeping on bringing up this ghost individual up every now and then. I find it interesting that you do that. Now, with memorial, this is long in the making process. Agran, the idiot formal mayor insist on putting it at ARDA and a referrendum is a result, its complete nuts in sense of the location and logistic at ARDA. That in its self is another argument.

From Master Plan perspective, it is, and will be going where the Irvine Council voted on......Unless, Agran will gather another round of refferrendum......It may very well, possible.

The ?Build the Great Park Veterans Cemetery? committee delivered 19,758 signatures to the Irvine City Clerk?s office last week, moving Irvine one giant step closer to fulfilling the City?s promise to build a beautiful Memorial Park & Cemetery on the City-owned, 125-acre ARDA site at the Great Park.

Now, the signed petitions have been transferred to the Orange County Registrar of Voters for an official certified count to confirm that the initiative has qualified for placement on the Irvine ballot in November.

When passed again by Irvine voters later this year, the citizens? initiative would designate the City-owned ARDA site at the Great Park on the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station as Irvine?s once-and-for-all choice for a State-built and State-operated Memorial Park & Cemetery, at no cost to the City.

Irvine Community News & Views congratulates the ?Build the Great Park Veterans Cemetery?.  We at ICNV take this opportunity to applaud the hundreds of Irvine residents who joined in this local grassroots campaign.

Our Gang said:
The ?Build the Great Park Veterans Cemetery? committee delivered 19,758 signatures to the Irvine City Clerk?s office last week, moving Irvine one giant step closer to fulfilling the City?s promise to build a beautiful Memorial Park & Cemetery on the City-owned, 125-acre ARDA site at the Great Park.

Now, the signed petitions have been transferred to the Orange County Registrar of Voters for an official certified count to confirm that the initiative has qualified for placement on the Irvine ballot in November.

When passed again by Irvine voters later this year, the citizens? initiative would designate the City-owned ARDA site at the Great Park on the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station as Irvine?s once-and-for-all choice for a State-built and State-operated Memorial Park & Cemetery, at no cost to the City.

Irvine Community News & Views congratulates the ?Build the Great Park Veterans Cemetery?.  We at ICNV take this opportunity to applaud the hundreds of Irvine residents who joined in this local grassroots campaign.

Yawn, old news. Let?s get on with it already.

By the time this thing gets approved and built we might as well use it for a COVID-19 cemetery.  I know - too soon, too soon.

This is just a repeat from 5 years ago, and you will post this same article again in 2025, then again in 2030.

So sad for the veterans and families; the only people that matter. Agran better spearhead the fundraising to make sure it?s done ASAP. He?s always quick to litigate and petition so let?s see the site cleaned up and prepared to respectfully honor our military heroes.

Back