Trojan's return to home ownership in Irvine

Congrats on the home,

Also kudos for eating your own dog food - seen too many agents in my apt complex who are pushing homes, yet they rent - drive cars well over 3x the value of mine...hopefully they will follow in your foot steps. Luckily I wont be renting soon anymore also.

ch

Congrats on the home Trojan!

I remember when you sold that condo in QH and you posted pictures on IHB. '
'
So are all your neighbors Korean and Chinese?

"What you gonna do, what you gonna do... What you gonna do when they come for you?"  8)

A little late to this thread. Congratulation on your purchase.

I hope this is not the house of Happy Endings where the wife hated her spouse and for 2 years she used her house as a place to pleasure strangers. Fieldstone tract to be exact with a token porch.

You may need to hire a feng shui master to clean the home of bad chi because a divorce house is really bad feng shui for your future relationship. I know you don't have one now but don't jeopardize your future prospects. 

Besides, the listing agent showed me the back-up offers for the home that were more than what i paid for it (two were even asian).

why did they take your offer over higher offers?  or once the agreed to your offer, they couldnt drop you for the higher priced offer?  dont really understand the back-up offer status vs pending

rkp said:
Besides, the listing agent showed me the back-up offers for the home that were more than what i paid for it (two were even asian).

why did they take your offer over higher offers?  or once the agreed to your offer, they couldnt drop you for the higher priced offer?  dont really understand the back-up offer status vs pending
My offer was signed by the sellers and submitted to the bank for short sale approval before the other offers came along so they couldn't just drop my offer and take one of the higher ones.  I submitted my offer within days of the home being listed plus I was a strong buyer putting down more than 20%.  So the other offers became back-up offers and would be presented to the bank/s if I pulled my offer (this happens a lot with short sales). 

Back-up offer status means that the sellers are accepting additional back up offers and the home is still available to show.  When you see a home with pending status it usually means that the seller has a buyer with or without several back up offers and the buyer has lifted contingencies (sellers not show their properties at this point). 

akim997 said:
ill come by one of these days when we are not house hunting...  saw you driving the other day...
Just give me a call or shoot me an email or PM when you'd like to swing by.

ch said:
Congrats on the home,

Also kudos for eating your own dog food - seen too many agents in my apt complex who are pushing homes, yet they rent - drive cars well over 3x the value of mine...hopefully they will follow in your foot steps. Luckily I wont be renting soon anymore also.

ch
Thank you and congrats on your upcoming purchase.  Where will be the home that you are looking to purchase?

irvinehomeshopper said:
A little late to this thread. Congratulation on your purchase.

I hope this is not the house of Happy Endings where the wife hated her spouse and for 2 years she used her house as a place to pleasure strangers. Fieldstone tract to be exact with a token porch.

You may need to hire a feng shui master to clean the home of bad chi because a divorce house is really bad feng shui for your future relationship. I know you don't have one now but don't jeopardize your future prospects. 
Thanks IHS, that is not the home that you speak of as the neighbors filled me in on all the juicy details about the wife and the marriage. 

Baby Irvine said:
Congrats on the home Trojan!

I remember when you sold that condo in QH and you posted pictures on IHB. '
'
So are all your neighbors Korean and Chinese?

"What you gonna do, what you gonna do... What you gonna do when they come for you?"  8)
I have all kinds of neighbors....asian, white, mixed, persian, and indian...many of them came by when I was over working on the house to say hello and welcome me to the neighborhood. 

Very sound choice by USC - despite being in TUSD, West Irvine in my mind is the best bang for the buck for purchasing in Irvine - relatively new, rental parity, central, trails and (public) parks abound, nearby golf course, the market place, Irvine address, schools that compare to the middle of the pack IUSD schools, low mello-roos and no HOAs in some streets. Being an Irvine realtor and a CPA definitely shows here.

Congratulations!

WoodburyDad said:
Congrats on the purchase of your new home USC!
It looks like it was listed and delisted a few times
When did you know that you were in the running, when it went pending?
Listing agent told me about a week after I submitted the offer that it was signed by the sellers and was submitted to the bank for approval.  Honestly, having dealt with the amount of short sales for my buyers I didn't put a lot of hope in getting the home (kind of a shot in the dark) but it all turned out for the best.

The Motor Court Company said:
Very sound choice by USC - despite being in TUSD, West Irvine in my mind is the best bang for the buck for purchasing in Irvine - relatively new, rental parity, central, trails and (public) parks abound, nearby golf course, the market place, Irvine address, schools that compare to the middle of the pack IUSD schools, low mello-roos and no HOAs in some streets. Being an Irvine realtor and a CPA definitely shows here.

Congratulations!
Wait, didn't you say West Irvine was the ghetto part of Irvine?  :p  An approval from The Motor Court Company, now that gives me a warm toasty feeling inside.  ;)  Now that is a good seal of approval, all I need is Indie to confirm the same thing and then I'll know for sure it was a winning move.  :D

USCTrojanCPA said:
WoodburyDad said:
Listing agent told me about a week after I submitted the offer that it was signed by the sellers and was submitted to the bank for approval.  Honestly, having dealt with the amount of short sales for my buyers I didn't put a lot of hope in getting the home (kind of a shot in the dark) but it all turned out for the best.
Seems like overall it closed pretty fast despite a lot of the drama that went on.
Some short sales take forever to close

WoodburyDad said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
WoodburyDad said:
Seems like overall it closed pretty fast despite a lot of the drama that went on.
Some short sales take forever to close
Well all in all it took about 5 months so it wasn't fast.  If not for issue of getting the grant deed signed by the wife, I would have been able to close in about 4 months from the time that I submitted the offer.  I will give credit where credit is due, the listing agent was good and made it happen.

For indie I think at a minimum you need to post pictures - nicely manicured front yard, spotless drive way, large backyard (proof that you have more than 10 ft rear setback)....the features that will make any Maricopa/Las Venatas/TIC Detached Condo Series buyers today cringe 10 years from now when their homes are no longer new and turnkey.

to get approval from ihs is a different matter...

USCTrojanCPA said:

Congratulations!
Wait, didn't you say West Irvine was the ghetto part of Irvine?  :p  An approval from The Motor Court Company, now that gives me a warm toasty feeling inside.  ;)  Now that is a good seal of approval, all I need is Indie to confirm the same thing and then I'll know for sure it was a winning move.  :D

For indie I think at a minimum you need to post pictures - nicely manicured front yard, spotless drive way, large backyard (proof that you have more than 10 ft rear setback)....the features that will make any Maricopa/Las Venatas/TIC Detached Condo Series buyers today cringe 10 years from now when their homes are no longer new and turnkey.

to get approval from ihs is a different matter...

USCTrojanCPA said:

Congratulations!
I'll post a few pictures soon enough, I'll tell you this much....my side yards setbacks are 8-12 feet and my rear setback is probably 20-25 feet.  :D

Congrats SC! I hope to soon join you, fundimentals are driving me back, and we are not alone...

http://www.pimco.com/EN/Insights/Pages/Global-Credit-Perspectives-May-2012.aspx

Back in

I?m back in. Yes, I?ve finally purchased a house after renting for the past six years. I sold my previous house in May 2006 after nearly a decade of being a homeowner because I was convinced U.S. housing prices were set to fall, and I wrote about it in prior Credit Perspectives pieces, ?For Sale? (June 2006) and ?Still Renting? (May 2007). Many of my friends, family and colleagues have asked me over the past several years, ?Are you still renting?? In fact, that is probably the question I?ve heard most often from clients, consultants and the media over the years.

So, next weekend I?ll be moving into a house. My decision to buy was mainly driven by the improved relative value of U.S. housing. When I sold my house in 2006, I purchased mainly corporate and municipal bonds where I believed high-single-digit annual returns were possible. In stark contrast, housing prices subsequently fell an amazing 34% from their April 2006 peak through March 2012, according to CoreLogic.

Today, however, U.S. housing looks like a decent place to put money over the next several years. I?m not sure if U.S. housing prices have bottomed ? only time will tell ? but there are many more positives today than there were six years ago when I sold my house. Just as important is how an improved outlook for U.S. housing is positive for the U.S. economy, consumers and for the banking sector.

Back