The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

CloudSurfer said:
What?s the prince range for these homes? Can?t find much info.

There are 6 collections:

Willows (4 floorplans, 2000+ sq ft): around $1.3M
Oaks (4 floorplans, 2400+ to 2600+ sq ft): $1.35M to $1.47M

Redwoods (6 floorplans, actually, 3 floorplans, ~2300 sq ft. + 3 with 3rd floorplan [Elite], 2900+ sq ft to 3100+ sq ft): $1.4M+ and $1.7M for Elite
Parklands (3 floorplans, ~2800 to 2900 sq ft): ~$1.5M
Magnolia (3 floorplans, 2800 to 3100+ sq ft): ~$1.7M
Evergreens (3 floorplans, 3400 to 3500+ sq ft): ~$1.9M

First two are motorcourt homes with driveway and last 4 are SFR.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Toll appears to be moving very quickly on building these homes. I pass by there every week and it seems like the models will be finished soon. Plenty of units are framed now. Most times it takes 5-6 months to build once the foundations are poured. At this rate delivering in June appears to be a possiblity.

Yeah they?re making good progress.
Word on the street is that Evergreens and Magnolia will go up first (early Summer), then Willow/Oaks (mid-Summer), then Redwoods/Parklands (late Summer / early Fall)*

*phase 1 homes

CalBears96 said:
CloudSurfer said:

There are 6 collections:

Redwoods (6 floorplans, actually, 3 floorplans, ~2300 sq ft. + 3 with 3rd floorplan [Elite], 2900+ sq ft to 3100+ sq ft): $1.4M+ and $1.7M for Elite

All 6 models are categorized as SFR despite having a motorcourt.

Cares said:
CalBears96 said:
CloudSurfer said:

There are 6 collections:

To be honest, after seeing how the motorcourt homes at BR looked like, I would rather buy Bluffs than Willows/Oaks. The private driveway was too narrow.

I mean, I did buy Bluffs 2, but it was because we much more prefer PS over Meadows, or LF in general.

CalBears96 said:
Cares said:
CalBears96 said:
CloudSurfer said:

There are 6 collections:

To be honest, after seeing how the motorcourt homes at BR looked like, I would rather buy Bluffs than Willows/Oaks. The private driveway was too narrow.

I mean, I did buy Bluffs 2, but it was because we much more prefer PS over Meadows, or LF in general.

Over having a driveway?  I'd get on the HOA board right away and get garage inspections going! 

My biggest concern when we were looking at Juniper was lack of parking due to people not using their garages.  Even where I live now, I'd say only half the neighbors use their garage and a chunk of houses have 3 cars, and because the driveways are narrow, some only park 1 car in the driveway.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
CalBears96 said:
Cares said:
CalBears96 said:
CloudSurfer said:

There are 6 collections:

Over having a driveway?  I'd get on the HOA board right away and get garage inspections going! 

My biggest concern when we were looking at Juniper was lack of parking due to people not using their garages.  Even where I live now, I'd say only half the neighbors use their garage and a chunk of houses have 3 cars, and because the driveways are narrow, some only park 1 car in the driveway.

When you dont have your own driveway, you are at the mercy of HOA. If somehow they decided no street parking, you are screwed.

Our first home was a courtyard condo and we had to learn that the hard way. I hated garage inspection. Garage was big enough to fit 2 small cars. Impossible to get in/out when parked.

It's nice to have a driveway, but we never parked in the driveway. We've always parked both our cars in the garage.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Cares said:
CalBears96 said:
CloudSurfer said:

There are 6 collections:

When you dont have your own driveway, you are at the mercy of HOA. If somehow they decided no street parking, you are screwed.

Our first home was a courtyard condo and we had to learn that the hard way. I hated garage inspection. Garage was big enough to fit 2 small cars. Impossible to get in/out when parked.

A few communities in Irvine are notorious for excessively strict HOAs and limited parking layouts.
Only time will tell how Meadows will manage with these issues.

Even for the most affordable communities (Willows/Oaks), there appears to be ample parking on the bigger streets adjacent to the motor court homes (picture attached). LF is also known to be more relaxed with regards to city vibe; I wonder if Meadows community / HOA will follow suit.

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 1.09.35 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 1.09.35 PM copy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
CalBears96 said:

It's nice to have a driveway, but we never parked in the driveway. We've always parked both our cars in the garage.

I love the driveway it was a must for any home going forward.  Easy for any visitors to park at, need to store some stuff or moving things around in the house, can still park on the driveway, grandparents or older relatives visit, park on the driveway.  Throw a party, kids can play on the driveway if they want to.  When the kids get older and have cars, that's 4-5 cars in our household, having a garage and driveway makes everything easier.  Just my take, its a convenience I don't ever want to give up.  Too bad we don't have a 3CWG.  :(

akkord said:
CalBears96 said:

I love the driveway it was a must for any home going forward.  Easy for any visitors to park at, need to store some stuff or moving things around in the house, can still park on the driveway, grandparents or older relatives visit, park on the driveway.  Throw a party, kids can play on the driveway if they want to.  When the kids get older and have cars, that's 4-5 cars in our household, having a garage and driveway makes everything easier.  Just my take, its a convenience I don't ever want to give up.  Too bad we don't have a 3CWG.  :(

We only have one kid and he's going off to college in the fall. My wife doesn't like to throw parties, so it's a good excuse. "Sorry, we don't have a driveway for you people to park your car." ;D

Not having a driveway is something we'll have to get used to, though. My current home has a 3CWG AND the driveway is wide enough to park 5 cars because I converted the side yard next to the driveway (and going in next to the garage) into concrete. So, basically, the driveway becomes 4CW, but it's an L shape, so another car can be parked next to the garage. But, even with all that space, we've never parked in the driveway.

CalBears96 said:
akkord said:
CalBears96 said:

We only have one kid and he's going off to college in the fall. My wife doesn't like to throw parties, so it's a good excuse. "Sorry, we don't have a driveway for you people to park your car." ;D

Not having a driveway is something we'll have to get used to, though. My current home has a 3CWG AND the driveway is wide enough to park 5 cars because I converted the side yard next to the driveway (and going in next to the garage) into concrete. So, basically, the driveway becomes 4CW, but it's an L shape, so another car can be parked next to the garage. But, even with all that space, we've never parked in the driveway.

Bluffs 2 doesn?t have a driveway?  :-[

anteaterMD said:

Unfortunately, no. I had preferred Highland 1 and was waiting for it. Unfortunately, Highland 1 only became available after we went into contract on Bluffs 2. Highland 1 did have a very small lot to compared to the Bluffs 2 we got though. The Bluffs 2's lot was 3889 sq ft. and Highland 1's lot was 3588 sq ft. Since Highland 1's lot also includes the driveway, its back yard is much smaller than Bluffs 2. We would have still taken Highland 1 if we weren't offered that Bluffs 2.

Even without the driveway, we're still happy with the Bluffs 2 since it has a very decent size back yard and somewhat privacy since there's no home directly behind our back wall. Our home backs Hillside, which is on higher grounds, so our back wall is very high.

So our Evergreen lot foundations are in and seems like they're on track for a late Summer delivery.

All Evergreen homes are now being sold for 2 mil+

Guess market can still support it. It sounds like all Meadows homes went up 10k+ in current phase. (In lieu of the +5k from previous phases)

CalBears96 said:
anteaterMD said:

Unfortunately, no. I had preferred Highland 1 and was waiting for it. Unfortunately, Highland 1 only became available after we went into contract on Bluffs 2. Highland 1 did have a very small lot to compared to the Bluffs 2 we got though. The Bluffs 2's lot was 3889 sq ft. and Highland 1's lot was 3588 sq ft. Since Highland 1's lot also includes the driveway, its back yard is much smaller than Bluffs 2. We would have still taken Highland 1 if we weren't offered that Bluffs 2.

Even without the driveway, we're still happy with the Bluffs 2 since it has a very decent size back yard and somewhat privacy since there's no home directly behind our back wall. Our home backs Hillside, which is on higher grounds, so our back wall is very high.

One drawback of any motor court home especially the one in the rear side of a motor court is the lack of curb appeal. Highland is somewhat narrow lot but still has some curb appeal.  When selling, the homes on a motor court that are facing the street appear to command higher price - I think this is again due to curb appeal.

Given today's market, it's not possible to check everything on your wishlist. Some tradeoffs are necessary.  Unless you have unlimited cash :)

Still hoping for a Trader Joe?s to go in across the street. It would do extremely well next to this community and BR. Who has the influence?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
One drawback of any motor court home especially the one in the rear side of a motor court is the lack of curb appeal. Highland is somewhat narrow lot but still has some curb appeal.  When selling, the homes on a motor court that are facing the street appear to command higher price - I think this is again due to curb appeal.

Given today's market, it's not possible to check everything on your wishlist. Some tradeoffs are necessary.  Unless you have unlimited cash :)

Not just lack of curb appeal, but also another neighbor. The homes facing the street don't have another neighbor on that side.

capboba said:
So our Evergreen lot foundations are in and seems like they're on track for a late Summer delivery.

Guess market can still support it. It sounds like all Meadows homes went up 10k+ in current phase. (In lieu of the +5k from previous phases)

Some communities went up as far as +$100k this last phase  :eek:

capboba said:

Not sure if you mentioned before, but how did you get phase 1 lot? Are you a TB homeowner or cash?

Back