Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut

Your only choice is 4-9 or 5-8 unless you have an electric car or battery for Prime plan. So really you should base it on your usage patterns.

Cares said:
Your only choice is 4-9 or 5-8 unless you have an electric car or battery for Prime plan. So really you should base it on your usage patterns.

I don't have an electric car but I will have a pool that'll have a pump running from 10am to 4pm daily.

You need to do more analysis and have more data on your personal solar generation to make an effective decision. I actually modeled out my usage by hour and average solar generation by hour over the year between winter and summer months to figure out what is the most productive option for me.

Is it better to have Tesla install the pest abatement or does anyone know of a third-party installer in the area? Tesla is charging $1,500 (flat fee) for the pest abatement. TIA

Racquet said:
Is it better to have Tesla install the pest abatement or does anyone know of a third-party installer in the area? Tesla is charging $1,500 (flat fee) for the pest abatement. TIA

Are you talking about chicken wire/steel wool etc. along the sides of the panels so pigeons or other pests don't nest?  I had a quote a long time ago for I think $350 or $500, but it wasn't $1500, I think that's way too high.  This was using the same installer for my solar, I never went with it, he recommended that if problems occur he'd do it at the same price.

Yes, steel/aluminum wire around the sides of the panels to keep birds and other critters from getting underneath the panels. Tesla warranty will still be valid if installed by a third party. $300-$500 is much better than the $1,500 Tesla is charging for 24 panel system. Are there local providers offering this service?

zovall said:
Any recent experiences with Tesla Solar? What panels/inverters are they using nowadays?

I installed a 4kw Tesla solar system in my Vegas home last fall.  It was a good value and payback was around 5 years.  It's producing about 25-28 kw a day now.

Tesla increased their solar panel prices this morning. Used to be $2.01/W, now it's $2.21/W. Who knows if it'll be permanent or temporary. This almost makes the decision a little easier for me to go with a local installer (get slightly better equipment, warranty, communication).

Solar Optimum $2.43/W
Altair Solar $2.55/W
Infinity Solar $2.60/W

Anyone have experience w/Solar Optimum? I know some people here have used Infinity.

I wonder if the increase in the Tesla solar pricing had to do with the price inflation of supplies due to strong demand.

hurijo said:
Solar Optimum $2.43/W
Altair Solar $2.55/W
Infinity Solar $2.60/W

Anyone have experience w/Solar Optimum? I know some people here have used Infinity.

I used Solar Optimum back in 2015 at $2.75/W and they did a fantastic job for me. My HOA demanded all sorts of things on how the conduit was to be run and they accommodated it all. My roof was steep as well and they broke many tiles and they paid a roofing contractor to replace all that. A few years later, my SolarEdge gateway stopped sending data and they came by and fixed that too.

I'd definitely use them again but I don't know if I'd pay a premium for using them.

hurijo said:
Solar Optimum $2.43/W
Altair Solar $2.55/W
Infinity Solar $2.60/W

Same equipment across the board for all your quotes, if not it's hard to compare pricing per watt?  If so go with the cheapest reputable company. 

I'd say all comparable. All are with same model of Enphase microinverters. Solar Optimum and Altair are same panels (REC), while Infinity is LG (but not black-on-black color, which I kind of want. Black-on-black is $0.10/W more). Has anyone negotiated down solar price quotes? Wondering if there's room or if they're pretty firm.

akkord said:
hurijo said:
Solar Optimum $2.43/W
Altair Solar $2.55/W
Infinity Solar $2.60/W

Same equipment across the board for all your quotes, if not it's hard to compare pricing per watt?  If so go with the cheapest reputable company.

hurijo said:
I'd say all comparable. All are with same model of Enphase microinverters. Solar Optimum and Altair are same panels (REC), while Infinity is LG (but not black-on-black color, which I kind of want. Black-on-black is $0.10/W more). Has anyone negotiated down solar price quotes? Wondering if there's room or if they're pretty firm.

akkord said:
hurijo said:
Solar Optimum $2.43/W
Altair Solar $2.55/W
Infinity Solar $2.60/W

Based on my research a couple years ago LG and Panasonic were the best rated panels.  I got Panasonic from Infinity Solar. 

Yup, but earlier this year Panasonic announced they're exiting the solar panel manufacturing business. Still selling them under Panasonic name, but outsourcing manufacturing. Their new Evervolt line of panels look identical to the newest REC Alpha panels (specs, dimensions, appearance) and even location of manufacture the same (Singapore - according to Energysage). Which makes me believe they're just rebranded REC panels.

akkord said:
hurijo said:

akkord said:
hurijo said:
Solar Optimum $2.43/W
Altair Solar $2.55/W
Infinity Solar $2.60/W

Based on my research a couple years ago LG and Panasonic were the best rated panels.  I got Panasonic from Infinity Solar.

hurijo said:
Yup, but earlier this year Panasonic announced they're exiting the solar panel manufacturing business. Still selling them under Panasonic name, but outsourcing manufacturing. Their new Evervolt line of panels look identical to the newest REC Alpha panels (specs, dimensions, appearance) and even location of manufacture the same (Singapore - according to Energysage). Which makes me believe they're just rebranded REC panels.

akkord said:
hurijo said:

akkord said:
hurijo said:
Solar Optimum $2.43/W
Altair Solar $2.55/W
Infinity Solar $2.60/W

If all is equal, go with the cheapest quote is what I would do.  Zovall used them and liked them, so that's one good reference.  I know multiple with Infinity Solar and no issues, but they are quoting higher so doesn't make sense right now.

zubs said:
You're right.
$1.82 was the lowest last year.
$1.45 now from TESLA.

What a massive drop! Tesla is going to corner the solar market.

Back in JUN of 2020 TESLA solar lowered their prices per above.
Today I read Elon screwed up on the solar pricing by 70%.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-said-tesla-made-100153507.html

So for all of you that got in on the TESLA deal mid 2020, and actually got your solar installed, you made money off ELON!

Back