Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut

We?ve had our panels ten years.  Maybe more.  My original calculations lasted less than twelve months.  Our plans stayed our plans.  The Utility plan has changed 3 or 4 times.  They?ve changed how they bank, how they compensate, added minimum charges, Switch to tOU, opt out,, etc.

What?s the price difference between a oversized versus fulfills needs?  Previously incremental growth was fairly inexpensive.

daedalus said:
marmott said:
I see a bigger difference than that between winter and summer.
Exactly the kind of real world data I'm looking for.  Thank you.  How does the total annual generation compare to Tesla's estimate?  Side note, I find it maddening that Tesla isn't able to break down the estimate by month-average.  Surely they could easily do so.

My Tesla estimate has been pretty much spot on.  I think the estimate was 6000-6200 and my actuals were

2020 - 6180 kWh
2021 - 6078 kWh

woodburyowner said:
daedalus said:
marmott said:
Exactly the kind of real world data I'm looking for.  Thank you.  How does the total annual generation compare to Tesla's estimate?  Side note, I find it maddening that Tesla isn't able to break down the estimate by month-average.  Surely they could easily do so.

My Tesla estimate has been pretty much spot on.  I think the estimate was 6000-6200 and my actuals were

2020 - 6180 kWh
2021 - 6078 kWh

How many kwh per day does yours generate in summer vs winter? I got mine  (12 panels) for couple of weeks (non Tesla brand) and I get around 22kwh per day avg so far. I am sure winter time will be much less.

Danimal said:
woodburyowner said:
daedalus said:
marmott said:

2020 - 6180 kWh
2021 - 6078 kWh

How many kwh per day does yours generate in summer vs winter? I got mine  (12 panels) for couple of weeks (non Tesla brand) and I get around 22kwh per day avg so far. I am sure winter time will be much less.

~ 20kWh avg in summer

winter is much more variable - Dec 8.8, Jan, 11.7, Feb, 16.5.

Anyone with Tesla Power Walls join this program?
https://electrek.co/2022/08/16/tesla-tsla-expands-virtual-power-plant-southern-california/

Tesla has expanded its Virtual Power Plant In California to the southern parts of the state through a new partnership with Southern California Edison (SCE).

Now Tesla Powerwall owners in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas can get paid to help the grid.

A virtual power plant (VPP) consists of distributed energy storage systems, like Tesla Powerwalls, used in concert to provide grid services and avoid the use of polluting and expensive peaker power plants.

Last year, Tesla launched a VPP pilot program in California, where Powerwall owners would join in voluntarily without compensation to let the VPP pull power from their battery packs when the grid needed it.

And I think the new bill also gives a discount on Power Walls?

irvinehomeowner said:
Anyone with Tesla Power Walls join this program?
https://electrek.co/2022/08/16/tesla-tsla-expands-virtual-power-plant-southern-california/

Tesla has expanded its Virtual Power Plant In California to the southern parts of the state through a new partnership with Southern California Edison (SCE).

Now Tesla Powerwall owners in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas can get paid to help the grid.

A virtual power plant (VPP) consists of distributed energy storage systems, like Tesla Powerwalls, used in concert to provide grid services and avoid the use of polluting and expensive peaker power plants.

Last year, Tesla launched a VPP pilot program in California, where Powerwall owners would join in voluntarily without compensation to let the VPP pull power from their battery packs when the grid needed it.

And I think the new bill also gives a discount on Power Walls?

I chose not to join the PGE equivalent up here as I want my stored electrons for myself - between the Tesla and our AC/electrical products we discharge 70% of the PWs each day so I need it all for myself.

My Tesla Solar system generates:
44.1kWh/mo avg so far in 2022
low was last Dec, 12.9kWh
high so far is June 2022, 49.6kWh
for 2021 I generated 11.80 MWh, PW discharged 4.44, net grid use -1.77

Back