Tesla Model Y

Mety said:
Model Y looks really good. I see them more on the road now. I can't tell if it's Y or X when I see them drive by quickly. The only way is by looking at the side door handles.

irvinehomeowner said:
Saw my first Tesla Y in Irvine. First I thought it was an X but had the separate rear door handles (no Falcon wing) and had the Gemini wheels.

Hey, you're going to be accused of being a burner account of someone called YF/BTB.

Mety said:
Mety said:
Model Y looks really good. I see them more on the road now. I can't tell if it's Y or X when I see them drive by quickly. The only way is by looking at the side door handles.

irvinehomeowner said:
Saw my first Tesla Y in Irvine. First I thought it was an X but had the separate rear door handles (no Falcon wing) and had the Gemini wheels.

Hey, you're going to be accused of being a burner account of someone called YF/BTB.

Stop talking to yourself.

We are both S3XY.

I personally would choose Cybertruck over Model Y, but I don't think it fits in our garage. You need a proper driveway or 3CWG for that.

Mety said:
I personally would choose Cybertruck over Model Y, but I don't think it fits in our garage. You need a proper driveway or 3CWG for that.

Same... but can't wait until 21-22.

By then our other lease will be up, the Y will go to the boss and I'll get the CT. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

By then our other lease will be up, the Y will go to the boss and I'll get the CT. :)

same thought process for me too
Love the performance Y.. might swap into the CT when it comes out

seconded on carvana, wife got out of a bmw lease as well from the buyout
if you have a Y, highly recommend tinting the roof with a ceramic tint, I used llumar irx

comparing it to my old f80 M3, it definitely is faster and turns better, love it
if you see a MSM PUP in irvine, say hello

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Plan A So are you going to sign up for solar? Process takes time to get solar.
Plan B Get a Level 2 charger. If or when you get the Tesla.

Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:
picked up model y a few weeks ago. coming from bmw and it's much more fun to drive.

referred myself for a tesla solar system so i'll also be getting $400 back on that once it's installed - permitting in process now.

But electric cars and solar panels are not for Republicans. It goes against the Trump platform. Support dirty coal technologies . ;)

Green jobs and solar technology is a joke according to Trump. I guess this Maga is jumping ship like the rest of middle of America.

Make sure you sport the Covid4life bumper sticker.

it's a good thing life is not black or white  ;)

Double standard. You bashed the Dems about solar and now you believe in solar.
Jump ship like the rest of America. The ship is sinking yo.

For the newbs be careful when you give back your car before your lease ends. I heard stories where people got royally screwed.

You know me I laughed at the stories.

Also, about the miles and condition of the car. But for some reason if you get a new lease, they can negotiate or look pass things. Haha

Hmm I'm getting offered $39k for my Model 3. I wonder if I should sell and buy the Y. So tempting. Just putting about $20k out of pocket to buy.

woodburyowner said:
Cares said:
Hmm I'm getting offered $39k for my Model 3. I wonder if I should sell and buy the Y. So tempting. Just putting about $20k out of pocket to buy.

What was your original purchase price?

model 3's held like 80% of its value.. may be worth to take a look..
I've sat in many 3's before and i have the y now.. i would say the larger cargo space as well as more comfortable rear seat experience would be the reason to upgrade.  As a taller guy, i would feel my knees would be near my chest in a 3, but in a y it's perfect.  Beyond that, the 3 is very similar so may not be worth the hit..But if the end goal is a CT, just wait it out i think... im hoping my Y holds 80% of its value too so i can maybe switch to the CT

woodburyowner said:
Cares said:

What was your original purchase price?

Mine was $50k after getting the $10k incentive.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Yeah... still debating between subscription or purchase.

Actually, because of remote work, just a normal 110v will work. I can take it to a fast charge place and then just top up at home every day.

Eventually I have to put in probably 2 or 3 L2s but that can wait until I figure out solar (which will happen before 21-22 too :) ).

Anyone believe the Model Y standard range is gone for good or is Elon just trying to push buyers to the long range version if buyers can?t wait?

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Actually, because of remote work, just a normal 110v will work. I can take it to a fast charge place and then just top up at home every day.

Eventually I have to put in probably 2 or 3 L2s but that can wait until I figure out solar (which will happen before 21-22 too :) ).

52 hrs to charge 300 miles with 110v approximately

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

52 hrs to charge 300 miles with 110v approximately

just find an electrician to install a nema 14/50
probably around $400 ish, i get around 30 miles/hr...it's perfect .. no need for the actual charger

Kangen.Irvine said:
Anyone believe the Model Y standard range is gone for good or is Elon just trying to push buyers to the long range version if buyers can?t wait?

Talking about range, how is the Y range "in real life" for the few owners on this board?

Genuinely curious as there seems to be a lot of diverging opinions (Tesla self tests, advertised range may be difficult to reach etc..).

I get about 280 wh/mile. I drive on "chill" mode, which is plenty fast for me. Range isn't as good on those 90+ degree days as you're running AC more constantly.

I hired an electrician to install a 14-50 outlet, and it was $300.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
I get about 280 wh/mile. I drive on "chill" mode, which is plenty fast for me. Range isn't as good on those 90+ degree days as you're running AC more constantly.

I hired an electrician to install a 14-50 outlet, and it was $300.

That's a good price. Every electrician is quoting me $1000+. Who did you use?

Back