Tarriffs/Trade War

momopi said:
Trump wants a few "wins" prior to the mid term election in Nov:

* North Korean government agreeing to transfer xx% of its nuclear arsenal to US or 3rd country within x - xx months.

* China backing down on tariffs and seek new trade negotiation with US by mid-term election.  Trade with Iran might be used as bargaining chip (see below).

* US successfully pressure other countries (EU, Japan, SK, Taiwan, China, India, etc) to cut/reduce trade with Iran by Nov 4th.

etc.

Trump will DESPERATELY NEED some of it by Nov 4. Our not allies anymore and the Chinese know this too and may going the opposite further to hurt his base.

trade wars are easy. markets up. thanks to your favorite president!

Trump says he's 'terminating' NAFTA, announces new trade agreement with Mexico

President Trump on Monday said he plans to terminate the existing North American Free Trade Agreement, as he announced a new tentative agreement between the United States and Mexico that he described as "one of the largest trade deals ever made."

"I'll be terminating the existing deal and going into this deal," the president said in the Oval Office, calling it a "big day for trade."

But the president said Monday ?we?ll see? if Canada can still be part of the trade pact, leaving open the possibility of separate agreements.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/27/trump-says-hes-terminating-nafta-announces-new-trade-agreement-with-mexico.html

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
Canada will buckle under next. Then Europe and China.  Easy Peasy.

Easy as North Korea? (You previously said he should get a Nobel peace prize)

That is still progressing and is light years ahead of where it would have been under another Clinton administration....Moving the ball downfieled while chugging a brew.  May not be pretty but I like all the yardage.
https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

That is still progressing and is light years ahead of where it would have been under another Clinton administration....Moving the ball downfieled while chugging a brew.  May not be pretty but I like all the yardage.

Btw - we can?t see videos if we are using safari browser.

Dude there?s nothing to spin. The North Korea summit was all lights and glam like I previously said.

remember this? good times! promises made, promises not kept!

Obama, Clinton take on NAFTA
In their last scheduled debate, the two talk trade in hard-hit Ohio, which holds its key primary Tuesday.

February 27, 2008

CLEVELAND ? Toughening their stances as they appealed for votes in economically stricken Ohio, Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday that they would use the threat of opting out of the North American Free Trade Agreement to substantially renegotiate the treaty.

In a debate that was contentious -- between the candidates, and between Clinton and her questioners -- the two did not explicitly say that they would push for NAFTA to be rescinded.

But they did agree that they would use that threat to work environmental and job protections into the pact, a signature accomplishment of the administration of Clinton's husband, Bill Clinton.

"I will say, we will opt out of NAFTA unless we renegotiate it, and we renegotiate it on terms that are favorable to all of America," Clinton said of the 1994 deal with Canada and Mexico.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb/27/nation/na-debate27

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Are they going to pay for the Wall like he promised while campaigning?

morekaos said:
6 more years to make good on that one.

Please tell the truth. Trump requested money from US congress to build the wall. Which means US taxpayers will pay for it. Trump said he will send Mexico the invoice for the wall not US taxpayers.

I see

The moratorium on not talking about trump got suddenly lifted

What exactly is this new deal - has anyone even read it ?  Or all this pent up desire to post is gushing out now ?

fortune11 said:
I see

What exactly is this new deal - has anyone even read it ?  Or all this pent up desire to post is gushing out now ?

He brought it up. So I responded. I haven?t seen it.

Who knows it maybe to distract people to talk about McCain?

eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
I see

I know bud , my comment was directed more at the MAGA crowd that are out in full force today since the ?trump markets? are up . But look at Mexican peso - it is up today while dollar is down - so guess who won?  :) 
I know it is not as simple as that , but waiting to see if the rah rah crowd can explain it to us since they go into hiding whenever markets are down or trump is going through a bad news cycle .

fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
I see

I know bud , my comment was directed more at the MAGA crowd that are out in full force today since the ?trump markets? are up . But look at Mexican peso - it is up today while dollar is down - so guess who won?  :) 
I know it is not as simple as that , but waiting to see if the rah rah crowd can explain it to us since they go into hiding whenever markets are down or trump is going through a bad news cycle .

time to go long gold, my friend

fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
I see

What?s your thoughts on phone gate? Trump was suppose to talk to Mexican President in front of the press and the White House didn?t or couldn?t transfer the call.

eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
I see

What?s your thoughts on phone gate? Trump was suppose to talk to Mexican President in front of the press and the White House didn?t or couldn?t transfer the call.

I didn?t follow that exactly but remember when people here were jumping up and down on North Korea and wanted trump to get the nobel peace price ?

Well , let?s see how long this ?high five ? moment lasts
We might see another Groundhog Day

fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
I see

I didn?t follow that exactly but remember when people here were jumping up and down on North Korea and wanted trump to get the nobel peace price ?

Well , let?s see how long this ?high five ? moment lasts
We might see another Groundhog Day

You kept good records of Trump.  :).

eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
I see

Eyephone ? This is a good read on this ?phone gate?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hellooo--hellooo-an-awkward-phone-call-becomes-part-of-the-trump-spectacle/2018/08/27/9e698d1a-aa16-11e8-8a0c-70b618c98d3c_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1&noredirect=on

fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
fortune11 said:
I see

Eyephone ? This is a good read on this ?phone gate?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hellooo--hellooo-an-awkward-phone-call-becomes-part-of-the-trump-spectacle/2018/08/27/9e698d1a-aa16-11e8-8a0c-70b618c98d3c_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1&noredirect=on

watched this live - everyone has technical difficulties sometimes.  lasted about a minute.  just goes to show that everything trump does is news.

Back