Stock picks

aquabliss said:
aquabliss said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
aquabliss said:
I think AAPL is ripe (no pun intended) for a 20% price drop, then I'll back up the truck in the $380's and buy buy buy for the next run-up.
It's just been going up despite the pandemic. Why do you think it can plummet 20%?

Who knows.  I read 3 articles from ?experts? on why the market snowballed today and they all had different explanations.  I have learned though to take a queue from historical fluctuations. 

If AAPL drops under $100 next week, will definitely be buying a decent amount.  The hard part though is to stay the course if it continues to drop to 90, mid 80s, etc.  I?ve also learned that buying after a 20-25% drop and holding on through the lows has made me a lot of money over the last 10 years, and I?m ready to do it again.

AAPL never quite got under $100 but I bought some end of September around $115.  I?m not confident in this event tomorrow though, it could be Apples ?Battery Day? and stock could lose 10%.  If it drops under $110 this week, will be buying some more, I think it will slowly rise as they release iPhone pre-sale numbers and get closer to launch day.

You could keep selling weekly out of the money puts at the price that you are willing to buy is a good strategy...I'm doing that with a handful of stocks now.

Long term prospect for mall retail is not great, though I do own JWN.  I think KSS has better chance being mostly located away from shopping malls.  I was able to buy JWN and KSS down following the dip and is currently at +60% or so.  I will hold until vaccine rollout which will probably give retail another bump.

For MRNA I bought from $75-$55.  I think if it dips under $130 I will get some more, I expect the stock to bump after FDA approval and looking to exit from $180-$200.  Also looking to pick up more INO if it dips under $12.

If NIO and PLTR dips by half from recent peak I will buy some too.  Say $17 for PLTR and $30 for NIO.

For REIT I bought some KBWD and KBWY on dip couple months back.  Will hold them for now.

My largest purchases went to oil/gas/energy sector and I'm hoping they'd get a bump after vaccine rollout next year.

Biden is looking to restore the $7500 tax credit for Tesla, which may boost Tesla sales and stock prices further.

I bought some lithium-cobalt-nickel (used for EV) mining penny stocks this week.  $200 each, watch out for foreign transaction fees.  These are all penny stocks for a reason, they are still drilling samples.  If they hit a rich deposit the stock might jackpot.  If not then it's throw away.  Expect roller coaster rides.

Cruise Cobalt is also working on Cobalt sulfate refinery in Ontario, competing with First Cobalt Corp in Toronto.  Long term industry trend is to move toward cobalt free lithium ion batteries, but in short to intermediate term demand is likely to outpace supply.  (Cobalt is expensive)

SNNAF
SPMTF
BKTPF
FTSSF
WSCRF
ARRRF

Can someone please explain the madness surrounding GME speculation?  I'm not sure what subReddit has done here, but they just manipulated the market big time over the past few days. 

Now, billionaire investors are getting skin in the game and benefiting from this ridiculousness!  SMH.

DBtoOC said:
Can someone please explain the madness surrounding GME speculation?  I'm not sure what subReddit has done here, but they just manipulated the market big time over the past few days. 

Now, billionaire investors are getting skin in the game and benefiting from this ridiculousness!  SMH.

So from what I was told and read. Some people or many that GME can go to $1k. Lol

DBtoOC said:

Short squeeze..this will not end well. ;D ;) >:D

I have a feeling that those billionaires will have a team of sophisticated traders and they will just take the cream off the top and retail traders will be holding the bag when the dust settles.

I like this explanation from reddit.

Let's say 5 banana's currently cost 10 dollar
  • One ape on the market has 5 banana's
  • Snake asks to borrow 5 banana's for a bit and instead sells the 5 banana's thinking price will go down soon (shorting). he thinks he can buy them later for less and give them back to ape, so he make's profit on the difference.
  • Group of apes notice what stupid snakes are doing and decide to buy all banana's on the market until snakes have no other choice than to buy from the group of apes in order to return what they borrowed
  • If group of apes stay strong then banana price will go up.
  • There is a multi-billion dollar hedge fund (snake) that has shorted Gamestop (they've bet that the stock price will go down). People on wallstreet bets (apes) noticed this and told everyone that if they buy Gamestop stock this hedgefund will lose billions of dollars. This is starting to come true.
    https://i.redd.it/hl971tz0ejd61.jpg
    If it continues the investors hope that the GME stock price will skyrocket and they will be able to sell for lots of profit.

Right now GME is almost $200.
Buy a share and join in the fun!

This is like 1999 all over again.  They lure in the masses then cut off their heads.  All these would be Bud Fox's/Robin Hoods are about to learn a valuable...and expensive lesson in the stock and crypto markets.  Some things never change.

I got burned on GME yesterday.  Bought high and panic sold low thinking it was going to hit rock bottom.  Lesson learned, too stressful for me.  I think TSLA and AAPL earnings will be enough stress for me tomorrow.

morekaos said:
This is like 1999 all over again.  They lure in the masses then cut off their heads.  All these would be Bud Fox's/Robin Hoods are about to learn a valuable...and expensive lesson in the stock and crypto markets.  Some things never change.

Blue horseshoe loves gamestop  ;D

GME @ $348 now.  Will it break $1,000?

LOL

Elon prob. has a few thousand shares for shitz n gigglez.

601147b21d2df20018b710d8

Apparently several other stocks are on the short squeeze now. 

If hedge funds stop their short-selling practice, that might add to the current stock bubble across the market.  This is nuts.

There is nothing wrong with short selling...like playing the Don't Come line.  Just need to always marry it with a call just in case.  These are big boys going against the mob.  Would not want to bump heads with Blackrock in this little standoff.  Robin Hood will lose big in the end.  Well as the old saying will prove true again...A fool and his money....

Back