Stock picks

Sold TSLA today.

My buy-in for AAPL after 4-1 split is $100 and below.

For TSLA after 5-1 split, I haven't decided on where to put my limit orders yet.  But most likely it will be below $300.

aquabliss said:
I think AAPL is ripe (no pun intended) for a 20% price drop, then I'll back up the truck in the $380's and buy buy buy for the next run-up.
It's just been going up despite the pandemic. Why do you think it can plummet 20%?

Woke up early and snagged 20 shares TSLA pre-market (decided not to wait for the dip).  As soon as the market opened the feeding frenzy was on.  Word on twitter is that there were so many more people who want to buy vs those who want to sell, if you put in an order to buy it'd just sit there for a while.

If the feeding frenzy continues the stock might go over $500 by closing.  I have no idea when people will wake up to Tesla's P/E ratio.  Many eyes on Tesla's battery day on 9/22 -- will they reveal million mile battery or under-deliver?

As for AAPL, historically speaking whenever AAPL had split, the price was down 2 weeks after split.  I can't say history will always repeat itself, of course.

momopi said:
Woke up early and snagged 20 shares TSLA pre-market (decided not to wait for the dip).  As soon as the market opened the feeding frenzy was on.  Word on twitter is that there were so many more people who want to buy vs those who want to sell, if you put in an order to buy it'd just sit there for a while.

If the feeding frenzy continues the stock might go over $500 by closing.  I have no idea when people will wake up to Tesla's P/E ratio.  Many eyes on Tesla's battery day on 9/22 -- will they reveal million mile battery or under-delver?

As for AAPL, historically speaking whenever AAPL had split, the price was down 2 weeks after split.  I can't say history will always repeat itself, of course.

The trading volume for TSLA and AAPl are so high that it causes delay in various trading platforms.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/r...-apple-split-stocks-11598890877?mod=home-page

I had a friend tell me on Friday that they're doing great with TSLA and if (when) it goes up to its pre-split price, she's going to retire.  It reminded me of when I told my boss something similar around March of 2000...that I may not have to work for much longer. 

That little comment from her is a blaring alarm siren to me on TSLA, and possibly the market as a whole.  Are we there now, or are things even crazier than they were in 2000?

daedalus said:
I had a friend tell me on Friday that they're doing great with TSLA and if (when) it goes up to its pre-split price, she's going to retire.  It reminded me of when I told my boss something similar around March of 2000...that I may not have to work for much longer. 

That little comment from her is a blaring alarm siren to me on TSLA, and possibly the market as a whole.  Are we there now, or are things even crazier than they were in 2000?

People don't understand splits. I had a friend also tell in 2000:
"My stock options are worth $2.5 million after 2 stock splits. 2 more stock splits and I'll be worth $10 million! I'm not selling a single share until we hit 10 mil".

A few months later the company was bankrupt.

Is the stock over value? No doubt.
But they have a big fans. I know this guy who owns Tesla stock. He is like in love with Tesla. But since he does not own the car. So he owns the stock.
It is his connection with Tesla.
Probably that is the same with many people.
Also, you got new investors just buying stock without looking at the fundamentals.

eyephone said:
But they have a big fans. I know this guy who owns Tesla stock. He is like in love with Tesla. But since he does not own the car. So he owns the stock.
Also, you got new investors just buying stock without looking at the fundamentals.

I know the feeling, kinda.  I have a TON of Apple stock, but refuse to upgrade my iPhone 7 until it dies.

eyephone said:

The amateurs are running the shows now...all the professionals are just riding the wave and collecting the savings.  Just look at what happened to Kodak to see that this market is not sound.

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

The amateurs are running the shows now...all the professionals are just riding the wave and collecting the savings.  Just look at what happened to Kodak to see that this market is not sound.

But Kodak is not a good representation of the market.  Neither is the DJIA.  The S&P 500 is flawed due to the concentration of a select few of those 500 companies having the lion's share of the influence on the index value. 

The Russell 2000 is probably a better measuring stick and is actually down YTD and only up about 6% for the past 12 months. 

paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

But Kodak is not a good representation of the market.  Neither is the DJIA.  The S&P 500 is flawed due to the concentration of a select few of those 500 companies having the lion's share of the influence on the index value. 

The Russell 2000 is probably a better measuring stick and is actually down YTD and only up about 6% for the past 12 months.

Not saying that Kodak is a representation of the market...just that the effects of amateur and day traders. 

Stock market is a good indicator of the big companies but the problem is not that them...it is the small and medium size businesses. 

Target and Walmart are thriving but all the mom and pop stores are dying.  Just like McDonalds and chain store restaurant are doing great but most independent restaurant will not survive.

The rot is from the bottom and we keep looking at the top as evidence that the everything is going well.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
aquabliss said:
I think AAPL is ripe (no pun intended) for a 20% price drop, then I'll back up the truck in the $380's and buy buy buy for the next run-up.
It's just been going up despite the pandemic. Why do you think it can plummet 20%?

Who knows.  I read 3 articles from ?experts? on why the market snowballed today and they all had different explanations.  I have learned though to take a queue from historical fluctuations. 

If AAPL drops under $100 next week, will definitely be buying a decent amount.  The hard part though is to stay the course if it continues to drop to 90, mid 80s, etc.  I?ve also learned that buying after a 20-25% drop and holding on through the lows has made me a lot of money over the last 10 years, and I?m ready to do it again.

And I thought you were seasoned speculators.  :)

Tesla is NOT ridding high on selling cars, cuz, they not even profittable. They are ridding high on hot air and stock pumps. They are selling stocks and car is just a bonus.  :) :) :) They do have a cult followers and not even counting on earnings to be reasons.

Back