Stock picks

Be warned that last time OSTK went up in a frenzy in 4Q 2017, it crashed hard afterwards.

Alteryx (AYX) - a local company in Irvine with about annual revenues of about 400M and now a market cap of about $7B just tanked about 40% in the last two days. 30% on Friday and another 10% today.

I remember this was at about 90-95 not to long ago and thought about buying it but thought it was too pricey then it shot up to 180. Now it?s at about 109.

I may pull the trigger on this one. Seems like some good upside.

Anyone have this in their portfolio?

The Russian COVID-19 vaccine news is killing biotech stocks now.  MRNA/SRNE/IBIO/etc. all getting hammered.

momopi said:
The Russian COVID-19 vaccine news is killing biotech stocks now.  MRNA/SRNE/IBIO/etc. all getting hammered.

overreaction and good buying opportunity.  russian covid vaccine has been tested on 76 people  ::)

76 People Tried Russia?s Vaccine. It?s a Drop in the Bucket.

News that Russia has effectively approved the world?s first Covid-19 vaccine has lifted stocks, but the coronavirus crisis is far from over. Not many people are known to have tried any of the vaccine candidates being developed.

Data from large trials of at least some of the vaccines should arrive in the fourth quarter of 2020.

Still, the fact that Russia has registered a vaccine is good news. Investors are happy: Europe?s FTSE 100 Index is up 1.7% in overseas trading. Asia?s Hang Seng Index rose 2.1%, and in the U.S., the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 were up 1.2% and 0.6%, respectively.

The Russian vaccine, however, was only tested on about 76 people. That?s the bad news embedded in Tuesday?s announcement.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/russia-registers-vaccine-76-people-have-tried-it-51597165886?siteid=yhoof2

qwerty said:
Alteryx (AYX) - a local company in Irvine with about annual revenues of about 400M and now a market cap of about $7B just tanked about 40% in the last two days. 30% on Friday and another 10% today.

I remember this was at about 90-95 not to long ago and thought about buying it but thought it was too pricey then it shot up to 180. Now it?s at about 109.

I have it in my portfolio.  I bought at 140, so I'm losing $$, but I'm holding for the long-term.  Lot of smart people I follow love this company and snatching up more shares.  I don't have any more cash, otherwise I'd do the same. 

paydawg said:
qwerty said:

I remember this was at about 90-95 not to long ago and thought about buying it but thought it was too pricey then it shot up to 180. Now it%u2019s at about 109.

I have it in my portfolio.  I bought at 140, so I'm losing $$, but I'm holding for the long-term.  Lot of smart people I follow love this company and snatching up more shares.  I don't have any more cash, otherwise I'd do the same.

Better play is sales force. Sales force owns Tableau. (Some people say that Tableau #1 analytics platform)

qwerty said:

What is the driver - they have a great tool/platform so curious. 

Bullsback said:
qwerty said:

What is the driver - they have a great tool/platform so curious. 

The deceleration of growth over the last two quarters plus their guidance for the remainder of 2020. Q120 revenue grew about 45%, Q220 grew 17% and Q320 revenue is expected to grow 7-11% with full year 2020 having growth of about 10-11%. I haven?t done the math but that probably implies a revenue decline in Q420.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekin...7228-alteryx-stock-crushes-buying-opportunity

Woke up early and picked up 10 shares of TSLA on morning dip.

Will become 50 shares by month's end.  :D

Elon really trying to achieve the $420 price.

I think he was cryptically saying a split was imminent when he said the stock price was too high.

What do people think of ISRG for a long term play at just under the current 52 week high? They have such a strong balance sheet and a competitive moat.

For long term play I?d choose AAPL over ISRG.  They have a solid customer base (huge market), and good quality products that aren?t fragmented like Android devices. 

In 3 years when AAPL is back at $400 post 4for1 split, I?m sure I?ll be wishing I owned more.  AAPL will make you rich slowly but surely, just reinvest your dividends and keep DCA buying shares.

aquabliss said:
For long term play I?d choose AAPL over ISRG.  They have a solid customer base (huge market), and good quality products that aren?t fragmented like Android devices. 

In 3 years when AAPL is back at $400 post 4for1 split, I?m sure I?ll be wishing I owned more.  AAPL will make you rich slowly but surely, just reinvest your dividends and keep DCA buying shares.

no question - already have a big position and will add to it. Huge fan of their financial and business performance.

I think AAPL is ripe (no pun intended) for a 20% price drop, then I'll back up the truck in the $380's and buy buy buy for the next run-up. 

Back