Stafford at Greenwood

Plan 1 needs to separate its price more from the other two, and on StanPac's site, it gives a range of sq ft, yet there's no garage storage to expand, that can't be a 150 sq ft wine room?

Only one plan 2 for phase 1?  Best floorplan for Stafford, it's just missing a nook off the kitchen, it's our most utilized space in our current house.  Great upstairs layout, deck off the loft/bonus room is a nice option (better than off master bedroom)

Plan 3 has the better downstairs but I'm kinda meh on the upstairs.  Masters should have the back wall solo and not share any walls with secondary bedrooms.  Loft/bonus room is too small and a better launch would be in the middle of the level instead of the corner.  Priced well, best deal of the 3?

Plan 1 is only 54 sq foot difference between the low end of sq foot and the high end. I'm assuming the extra sq footage is dependent upon the elevation with the bay window in front being the added 54 sq feet.

We looked at Stafford over the weekend and the models were nice. We liked the plan 2 and are going to buy it, hopefully in first couple of phases.

The home sites were ~5250 sq. ft and up for first phase and all models have 10' ceiling on the main floor. The prices are little higher than what we had expected, but I guess they have too many qualified buyers. When we were there at 10am on Sunday, there were at least 6-7 other families walking around.

We have been living in Irvine for last 12+ years, but now we want to live in newer style homes, do not want to go north of I-5 and live close to places we normally go to (we go to district and market place two-three times a week) and don't need IUSD anymore.

Before someone thinks, I am not working for Standard Pacific.

I'm guessing there will be plenty of buyers like confuzed, don't need or care about iusd and just want to be closer to the places they visit frequently (work, shopping, etc) which is why I think they will sell well

qwerty said:
I'm guessing there will be plenty of buyers like confuzed, don't need or care about iusd and just want to be closer to the places they visit frequently (work, shopping, etc) which is why I think they will sell well

I don't know whether they will sell that well.  Guess new and 10-foot ceiling would be a draw but the pricing- once you add for upgrades and landscaping- is at par or more expensive than Columbus Square (there are a couple 4,279 sq ft houses in a cul-de-sac available for sale for 1.4 million in Columbus Square now).  PP initial prices were 10 to 15% below the resales /new Irvine Co developments and hence the prices sky rocketed.  If BP sells very well then I can see these prices also going up but most of the 1.5 million houses are not going fast, take OH Saviero, Stonegate Sausalito etc.  Hence if BP stalls, then the potential for increase in price for Stafford won't be there.  Hence, shouldn't buy counting on appreciation but only if you like these houses better than the smaller one you will get in Irvine for the same price.

qwerty said:

Based on the small sample size of 1?  :p

Well here is what I know about people's buying behavior when it comes to housing, most people like to get as much house for what they can afford. There are hard core folks will only accept irvine. Then there are those who can a 2,300 sq ft condo for a $1 million detached condo on 3,500 sq ft lot that will see they can get a 3,000 sq ft home for the same price and bail to Tustin legacy. I think this will be even more pronounced for Sheldon. Why live in some 3 story attached product when u can get 4 bedrooms, 3 baths for the same price. Irvine hasn't had much competition recently to provide an alternative at a lower price point. Baker ranch sold well as a cheaper alternative so I'm guessing this will be the same. Although I am very curious to see how the homes along jamboree sell, they would be smart to offer extra insulation or better sound resistant/proof windows as options in the design center.

bones said:
qwerty said:

Based on the small sample size of 1?  :p

I ran that sample of one through a very complicated model I created in excel :)

The qwerchete model only works when the 3000+sft 3CG home is only $750k and the HOA is $100.

At $1m+ and $230 HOA... not so much.

irvinehomeowner said:
The qwerchete model only works when the 3000+sft 3CG home is only $750k and the HOA is $100.

the problem is you guys come at this from a hard-core irvine or bust mentality and cant seem to believe that people are willing to pay a $1M+ to live outside of irvine. yes we know irvine has great schools, etc. but there are plenty of people who dont care about schools or dont need the schools. yes, of course 3K sq ft with a 3CWG at 750K and 100 HOA are great. but that time came and went. you are nuts if you think it takes a 50% discount to irvine to buy in greenwood. if i can save 300-400K, get a better drive to work, be closer to where i spend most of my time why wouldnt i do it?  yeah the HOA is higher, but id rather pay an extra $100 per month than spend another 300-400K for the same house.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

the problem is you guys come at this from a hard-core irvine or bust mentality and cant seem to believe that people are willing to pay a $1M+ to live outside of irvine. yes we know irvine has great schools, etc. but there are plenty of people who dont care about schools or dont need the schools. yes, of course 3K sq ft with a 3CWG at 750K and 100 HOA are great. but that time came and went. you are nuts if you think it takes a 50% discount to irvine to buy in greenwood. if i can save 300-400K, get a better drive to work, be closer to where i spend most of my time why wouldnt i do it?  yeah the HOA is higher, but id rather pay an extra $100 per month than spend another 300-400K for the same house.

Relax.  I agree that 3,000sf 3CWG for $750k is crazy talk.  But I do think these are overpriced though.  Would you consider this better than Columbus Square?  Resales there are <$1m for 3,000sf with landscaping/windows/etc/etc all done.  In my opinion, Columbus Square is really the comp.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

What I'm saying is when you bought, a comparable new 3CG (tandem) in that size in Irvine was more than 20% (maybe even 30%) than Columbus Square (or may not have even existed). The difference in price and product was more significant.

And like bones said, I think the most recent comps for your model are less than $1m so Greenwood, with a worse location than CS (IMO) for more money (price/MRs/HOA) isn't really that much of a "value" compared to any of the new Irvine product.

I don't think a $200k difference from Irvine is the only point, it's also that you are spending $200k more than in-Tustin comps.

I'm not expecting a 50% discount, but when you get to a certain square footage, 2800 vs 3500 seems similar enough if the room counts are the same, so the price difference is not as apparent.

Even back when your 3CWG was only $750k new, we couldn't pull the trigger for ourselves because we knew our next home we were planning to stay in for the long haul and the question about schools was a big one for our kids. We ended up paying way more for a smaller home... but like many, it wasn't just about price as the location has many question marks. We lived very close to CS before and it just wasn't for us.

Again, I think StanPac would have been better off building more < 3000 sft homes for less than $900k rather than > 3000 sft homes for more than $1.2m. But then again, I was totally off on Laguna Woktura.

I think these homes will sell well.  They are beautiful, built with high quality and IMHO they are priced fairly.  Of course I would have liked the price to be lower and the 40Y MR is really hard to swallow. 

The location actually works for us because I have to commute to North OC everyday on I-405.  The location allows me to exit Jamboree before hitting the Culver bottleneck so that's a big plus. 

At this point it is more of a want than need for us so we'll see what happens.

Btw, the preview event was full with Asians (Chinese and Indians predominantly).

Harajuku said:
I think these homes will sell well.  They are beautiful, built with high quality and IMHO they are priced fairly.  Of course I would have liked the price to be lower and the 40Y MR is really hard to swallow. 

The location actually works for us because I have to commute to North OC everyday on I-405.  The location allows me to exit Jamboree before hitting the Culver bottleneck so that's a big plus. 

Btw, the preview event was full with Asians (Chinese and Indians predominantly).

If you don't have kids in school, this is perfect for you.

qwerty said:
Well here is what I know about people's buying behavior when it comes to housing, most people like to get as much house for what they can afford. There are hard core folks will only accept irvine. Then there are those who can a 2,300 sq ft condo for a $1 million detached condo on 3,500 sq ft lot that will see they can get a 3,000 sq ft home for the same price and bail to Tustin legacy. I think this will be even more pronounced for Sheldon. Why live in some 3 story attached product when u can get 4 bedrooms, 3 baths for the same price. Irvine hasn't had much competition recently to provide an alternative at a lower price point. Baker ranch sold well as a cheaper alternative so I'm guessing this will be the same. Although I am very curious to see how the homes along jamboree sell, they would be smart to offer extra insulation or better sound resistant/proof windows as options in the design center.

I agree for the most part.. but one thing.. THERE ARE A LOT OF HARDCORE FOLKS that will only accept Irvine. 

eyephone said:
Harajuku said:

I have 2 kiddos under 8. 

Harajuku said:
eyephone said:
Harajuku said:

I have 2 kiddos under 8.

Do you plan to send them to private or public school?

Harajuku said:
eyephone said:
Harajuku said:

I have 2 kiddos under 8.

Harajuku.. just come over to BP brah.

jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

I agree for the most part.. but one thing.. THERE ARE A LOT OF HARDCORE FOLKS that will only accept Irvine.

Exactly...go look realtor flier...not that many that tout Tustin or TUSD as a selling.  It may be ignorant and/or silly but it's reality.

Back