Stafford at Greenwood

Plan 2 and 3 are nice. These could get me to sell and move here. We like our floor plan but the only thing missing is a separate office/den downstairs.

Nice firehose PS9. Comedy GOLD!

I like the hangar myself. Reminds me of days gone by in OC. As for Jamboree white noise, I'd recommend downloading a dB meter application and scan some of Irvine's new home developments for white noise. It's pretty intense in some places what with the 133/241/5, or 405/5 combined freeways generating so much traffic sound relative to where I live in RSM. My guess is that CV has got 2x the noise that Greenwood might experience.

Anyone who purchased recently take a dB sample prior to buying? Curious if anyone ever does this.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Anyone who purchased recently take a dB sample prior to buying? Curious if anyone ever does this.
We do the different times of day test.

Weekends will usually be more quiet than weekday morning and afternoons. I have also done a middle of the night test.

#LivedByAFreewayAndWillNeverAgain

ps9 said:
I wonder if these will be similar to Torrey at BP

I might be the only one who likes the plan one. Has everything I was looking for except the small back kitchen and the location is not the best but for me floorplans are the number one consideration.

Ready2Downsize said:
ps9 said:

I might be the only one who likes the plan one. Has everything I was looking for except the small back kitchen and the location is not the best but for me floorplans are the number one consideration.
Yep, small back kitchen would be great if you don't want to clean the humongous islands and kitchen counter tops on a regular basis.  How come you are not considering Saviero Plan 1 or the new single stories coming at BP, especially the KHOV Rosemont on large lots

Ready2Downsize said:

I like plan 1 & 2. 

Ready2Downsize said:
ps9 said:

if i recall you were concerned about train noise. just go stand in the model, you wont hear the train from inside the house, the two closest railroad crossing are quiet zones. although occassionaly the freight train still does blow its horn.

Yes, I am concerned about the train noise (and I'm not happy you can see planes flying over either, but there is less and less land out there, and if it's not the train, airport etc, it's a major road or toll road.

We were thinking of moving to Saviero (but I didn't like the plan one which was the only thing that could have worked for us and then the noise we could hear in the backyard of the house they had built (no models were built for that house and I think to this day it's still not sold) completely killed the deal. We didn't want to move near Orchard Hills school either because likely it's got lots of bells going off all day long (never really checked but that is what we assumed).

And I'm not thrilled about all the apts near Stand Pac homes, esp knowing there are a decent number of low income units.

We had a house years ago that had a less than optimal location and when we wanted to sell, all we heard was but it's near........ and you couldn't see or hear it. When we lived in Tustin Ranch and eventually rented the house out and later sold all we heard was but it's in Tustin Ranch not Irvine. In a hot sellers market, who cares? You can always resell but in a buyers market, that isn't the case, so I always look at the negative aspects to location when I decide what to buy.

My better half takes the train every day to Burbank and he either goes thru the Irvine Station or Tustin so being close by if we don't hear the noise is a plus for us and I have nothing but good things to say about our house that was built by Standard Pacific so I'd love to buy from that builder again. I think they have some homes coming to Beacon Park. If they have a house like the plan one in Stafford, I'd probably prefer Irvine over Tustin Legacy.

qwerty said:
if i recall you were concerned about train noise. just go stand in the model, you wont hear the train from inside the house, the two closest railroad crossing are quiet zones. although occassionaly the freight train still does blow its horn.

They haven't been quiet zones of late...they are blowin' horns all night.

gasman said:
qwerty said:

They haven't been quiet zones of late...they are blowin' horns all night.

my own snores may be drowning out the horn :)

the smallest plan is 3,711, if just below $1.2M was $1,175,000 that would be $316 sq ft.

Similar size home in OH are Messina (3,531 - 3,801), Vicenza (3,654 - 4,171) and Saviero (3,795 - 4,050), Messina starts at $1,519,000 or $430 sq/ft, Vicenza starts at $1,604,000 or $438 sq/ft and Saviero starts at $1,615,000 or $425 sq/ft.  So Stafford trades at a 25% to Saviero. $400K is a lot of money.

I thought superpowers would be worth more than gates and orchards :)

qwerty said:
the smallest plan is 3,711, if just below $1.2M was $1,175,000 that would be $316 sq ft.

Similar size home in OH are Messina (3,531 - 3,801), Vicenza (3,654 - 4,171) and Saviero (3,795 - 4,050), Messina starts at $1,519,000 or $430 sq/ft, Vicenza starts at $1,604,000 or $438 sq/ft and Saviero starts at $1,615,000 or $425 sq/ft.  So Stafford trades at a 25% to Saviero. $400K is a lot of money.

I am assuming Harakju posted something about the price and then removed it.  Based on your post guess he indicated that Stafford price is less than 1.2 million.  Then it would be  a very serious competition to OH since even Capellas are now in the 1.4s.  What are the chances that OH prices will drop?

I'm interested in buying a new home. Personally I don't think OH competes with Tustin Legacy. The only thing similar is new homes in the Tustin school district.

Tustin Legacy is going to attract buyers who are looking for homes which are lower $ per sq foot and they'll get it due to the location. Planes, trains and automobiles being the main issue. Also there is no low cost housing in OH. Tustin Legacy will have a lot of apts and low cost housing within walking distance.

I doubt OH will drop in price any more than North Irvine (PP, Stonegate, etc) had to drop prices because of Baker Ranch.

qwerty said:

Oh come now, developments named after picturesque Mediterranean towns have to be worth more than developments named after dead white guys.

Got to preview Stafford today. StanPac looks very nice. Phase one estimated at a December move-in.

Pricing was listed as follows:

Plan 1 - two are available, both at 3880sqft. One for $1,287,900 and the other at $1,303,900.
($336/sqft for the former and $332/sqft for the latter)

Plan 2 - one available at 3711sqft at $1,239,900.
($334/sqft)

Plan 3 - three available. Two are at 3961sqft. First is at $1,269,900. Second is at $1,282,900 and includes "2-Car + Storage Garage." Third is at 3831sqft as it does not include the "guest suite" and is priced at $1,225,900.
($324/sqft, $321/sqft, and $320/sqft respectively)

Registration with brokers is taking place next weekend at the grand opening.
-IR2

Back