Serrano Summit | Lake Forest

Mety said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
If I had to spend $2M for plan 3X, I would rather buy Ravello at OH. And for the price of plan 2, I would rather buy Evergreen at The Meadows or CalPac's Sierra 2X.
I don?t know if Ravello would be 2m for a 7k lot though.

True, but smaller lot is my personal preference. I'm currently living in a 3309 sq ft. home on a 9k lot and frankly, I hate it. Too much yard work and maintenance.

Delano at EW sounds like a perfect fit for you. Here it is while it's still in around $1M range.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/70-Parkwood-92602/home/167401774

I said small lot, not small home.  ;D

My wife only wants new home. We're on the waitlist for Bluffs and Highland, which is actually perfect for us. Good size homes (2400-2800 sq ft), either detached condo or SFR (although TI'ers refer to Highland as "quasi" SFR), with pretty small lots. I've mentioned before that although we like to have driveway, it's not high on our priority list. I even prefer not being able to park on the streets, because we always park in the garage so having driveway is sufficient for guest parking. My current neighbors usually park on the street in front of my house, leaving very little space for me to put my garbage bins. We got 3 (garbage, recycle and yard) bins.

Looks like 2/3 homes did not sell through the priority list. They usually sell all once homes are released. Finally homebuyers are pushing back on the insane premiums Lennar is charging? Jeez..

Yeah, the two expensive ones didn't sell. I guess buyers just can't pull the trigger on a $2M home. Previous release sold quickly.

CalBears96 said:
Yeah, the two expensive ones didn't sell. I guess buyers just can't pull the trigger on a $2M home. Previous release sold quickly.
I think this is healthy though. I don't think these homes are even worth 1.5m tbh. Shea homes down in Teresina is cheaper despite their pricing be base and not with options yet and bigger sqft. Not as dense either.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
I think this is healthy though. I don't think these homes are even worth 1.5m tbh. Shea homes down in Teresina is cheaper despite their pricing be base and not with options yet and bigger sqft. Not as dense either.

I completely agree. The Teresina homes are much nicer too. I really loved the Teresina 2X floorplan, but I wasn't able to get on the Teresina list because they had fewer 20 homes left with more than 60 people on the list, so they just closed off the list. But there's no information on the pricing anymore from Shea's website.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:

I completely agree. The Teresina homes are much nicer too. I really loved the Teresina 2X floorplan, but I wasn't able to get on the Teresina list because they had fewer 20 homes left with more than 60 people on the list, so they just closed off the list. But there's no information on the pricing anymore from Shea's website.
You can see it on Zillow. Shea posts the pricing there for each phase. Granted you don't know what the lot premiums are if they have any. But you can see that they barely raised their based prices for Teresina. It's almost unbelievable that they are doing this.https://www.zillow.com/community/teresina/25182181_plid/

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:

You can see it on Zillow. Shea posts the pricing there for each phase. Granted you don't know what the lot premiums are if they have any. But you can see that they barely raised their based prices for Teresina. It's almost unbelievable that they are doing this.https://www.zillow.com/community/teresina/25182181_plid/

I saw the prices on Zillow, but they seem too low, the exact same price as the Shea's website, which hasn't been updated since September. So I didn't think they're accurate.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:

I saw the prices on Zillow, but they seem too low, the exact same price as the Shea's website, which hasn't been updated since September. So I didn't think they're accurate.
It's accurate. I've seen their pricing before multiple times. Look at Cetara. The rise in those prices are ridiculous. Thanks to Irvine Company. They don't get that pressure in Teresina. Shea doesn't seem to be banking much on base prices since they make the most from upgrades.

sleepy5136 said:
It's accurate. I've seen their pricing before multiple times. Look at Cetara. The rise in those prices are ridiculous. Thanks to Irvine Company. They don't get that pressure in Teresina. Shea doesn't seem to be banking much on base prices since they make the most from upgrades.

Teresina plan 2X, at $1.43M, even with say, $250k upgrades, has much better value than Amara plan 3X.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

Teresina plan 2X, at $1.43M, even with say, $250k upgrades, has much better value than Amara plan 3X.

I spent every weekend with temps over 70 degrees this last year lounging in a Cabana sipping a cold drink watching my kid run around in the splash pad or shallow area of the pool.  I'm very very happy we have an awesome community pool (3!). 

Teresina has nothing if i'm not mistaken.  I'm a big believer in getting the right floorplan/lot...but I don't think I'd be very happy without a community pool/parks.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

I spent every weekend with temps over 70 degrees this last year lounging in a Cabana sipping a cold drink watching my kid run around in the splash pad or shallow area of the pool.  I'm very very happy we have an awesome community pool (3!). 

Teresina has nothing if i'm not mistaken.  I'm a big believer in getting the right floorplan/lot...but I don't think I'd be very happy without a community pool/parks.

You're right that Teresina doesn't have any community amenities. It is important to some people, like my sister and you. It's not important to me, however. I would have cared about it 10 years earlier when our son was still 7 years old, but he's going off to college next year, so the pool isn't important to us anymore. Community amenities are great for families with young kids, but not for us, since we pretty much never use any of the facilities like pool or club house.

I don't even know why my sister backed out of buying Teresina a couple of years ago since her youngest one is two years younger than my son.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

To me it's a plus since it will deter families with young kids.

I'm glad to see that the $1.73M Amara plan 2 and the almost $2M plan 3X haven't sold yet. That would really mess up the pricing.

CalBears96 said:
I'm glad to see that the $1.73M Amara plan 2 and the almost $2M plan 3X haven't sold yet. That would really mess up the pricing.

Keep in mind that builders are for-profit entities so not surprising they are trying to test the market.  They see the same thing that I see, a lack of resale inventory due to huge buyer demand.  That being said, there are limits and sounds like Amara might have just reached it with the asking prices for their Plan 2 and 3X. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:

Keep in mind that builders are for-profit entities so not surprising they are trying to test the market.  They see the same thing that I see, a lack of resale inventory due to huge buyer demand.  That being said, there are limits and sounds like Amara might have just reached it with the asking prices for their Plan 2 and 3X.

In San Diego, Lennar still has bidding on their lots (new development), zero lot lines, carriage courts, $300 HOA which gets you a pool and minimal landscaping for motor court. You get to pick flooring. Buildable land in good school districts is just not that plentiful apparently.

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:

I understand that, which is why I'm really glad buyers aren't biting. Since I'm still waiting for Bluffs/Highland home, it will affect me if prices keep going up like crazy.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:

I understand that, which is why I'm really glad buyers aren't biting. Since I'm still waiting for Bluffs/Highland home, it will affect me if prices keep going up like crazy.
I also understand it's a business, but if prices keep going up at this insane rate, it's not manageable or healthy. And as of now, those two amara homes are still not sold.

sleepy5136 said:
I also understand it's a business, but if prices keep going up at this insane rate, it's not manageable or healthy. And as of now, those two amara homes are still not sold.

I, for one, am really happy that those two Amara homes are still not sold. I'm hoping they will lower their price.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

I, for one, am really happy that those two Amara homes are still not sold. I'm hoping they will lower their price.
either they lower the price and provide no closing credits or they don't lower the price and give a massive closing credit which I don't think they will do.

Back