Santa Maria in Stonegate

New Prices. Crazy.

- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $464,000
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $483,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $564,800

$12K every month. How long is this sustainable?

quattroporte said:
New Prices. Crazy.

as long as folks keep on buying.

quattroporte said:
It seems these are mostly FCBs or investors. A normal person looking for a house to live in would not keep chasing prices forever; they have a limit. It didnt end well the last time the prices went up this fast. I just hope this time is different. Investors know when to cut their losses and the normal people will be left behind holding the bag.
You are incorrect, most of these homes (including resales) are being bought by people who intend to live in them.  They have to be very strong buyers today in order to get the homes in a bidding war.  Back in the bubble days you could get a loan if you had a pulse and could sign your name, not the case today.  Also, you don't have very many subprime buyers out there who can win these bidding wars because the seller will most likely take the big downpayment/cash buyer over them.  It definitely feels frothy out there, but it is different then the last go around.  Keep your eye on inventory, that will be your leading indicator of where the market is going. 

It seems these are mostly FCBs or investors. A normal person looking for a house to live in would not keep chasing prices forever; they have a limit. It didnt end well the last time the prices went up this fast. I just hope this time is different. Investors know when to cut their losses and the normal people will be left behind holding the bag.

I personally think this is a great time for people to sell and capitalize on the equity appreciation (if more the $200k) if they can.

USCTrojanCPA said:
quattroporte said:
You are incorrect, most of these homes (including resales) are being bought by people who intend to live in them.  They have to be very strong buyers today in order to get the homes in a bidding war.  Back in the bubble days you could get a loan if you had a pulse and could sign your name, not the case today.  Also, you don't have very many subprime buyers out there who can win these bidding wars because the seller will most likely take the big downpayment/cash buyer over them.  It definitely feels frothy out there, but it is different then the last go around.  Keep your eye on inventory, that will be your leading indicator of where the market is going.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

still looks cheap to me, and far under what the FCBs are paying at their home turf.

quattroporte said:
New Prices. Crazy.

quattroporte said:
New Prices. Crazy.

New Prices as of 5/7/13.

- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $475,000
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $495,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $575,500

Wow wait... is this less than a month? and yet another 10k-12k increase?
Acually compare to some other current homes with 20% or more increase since 4-6 months ago, IP's price increase almost seems modest.

24g65uv.jpg

borca said:
quattroporte said:
New Prices. Crazy.

New Prices as of 5/7/13.

- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $475,000
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $495,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $575,500

Wow wait... is this less than a month? and yet another 10k-12k increase?
Acually compare to some other current homes with 20% or more increase since 4-6 months ago, IP's price increase almost seems modest.
How many more phases do they have left?

USCTrojanCPA said:
How many more phases do they have left?
No idea... while I believe they are not stopping (building) anytime soon, at least for the rest of the year, I believe the flyer I saw states 15B.

BTW I' won't hold my breath if you're waiting for Plan 2, please verify if necessary while I was told a few months back there they are going to build more (if not all, I think) "B" building version so that gives two plan 1 + one plan 2 + two plan 3 per building.

Back