Santa Maria in Stonegate

fishfinder333 said:
310 HOA fees per month? Are you serious????

All the smaller attached product in Stonegate has HOAs of around $300.  Same with some attached product in Woodbury.  It's expensive being a homeowner in Irvine.

Nous said:
Irvinecommuter said:
The Motor Court Company said:
already on the MLS before the grand opening? is this some kind of marketing strategy?http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/201-MAYFAIR-92618/unit-83/home/40172648

$505K for a 1,600 square foot place?  Are you serious?

You expect something else from iPac?  If you look at the plan 2 in Esplanade, they are 464k for 1530 sqft and selling like hotcakes.

You're probably right.  Prices have move down from insane but are still squarely within the realm of ridiculous.

The layout of plan 3 actually is pretty good.  Yes, $505k is expensive for 1600 sq ft.  Plus additional $600/month for HOA/MR, thats crazy.  But I've lived in places where 1 bedroom under 1000 sq ft costs $600k+ so this is ok.  Its all relative.

Went to see the models last night as part of the preview for IAC residents. I like the Plan 2. But at almost $500k for a 2 bedroom after upgrades ($458k starting) and no direct buyer incentives, I'll wait.

Plan 1 is actually not bad for the (lowered) price, but I wish that den was a proper small bedroom.  That being said, I think it is an efficient use of square footage.

Just got back from checking out the models.  Like that they have lots of windows.  Wished they made the plan 2 with 3 bedrooms as an option instead of the 2 bedrooms with a den.  Also, wished they made the plan 3 with 3 bedrooms upstairs.  I would rather have 3 smaller bedrooms with 2 smaller bathrooms upstairs rather then what they have currently in that plan.

The HOA is around $300/month and the MR is around $4700/year.

kayochan said:
the MR is around $4700/year.

Ouch.  The plan 3 at Mirabella is only $3,600 (4 beds, $220/sqft).  You must get a lot more infrastructure at Stonegate, or is it just more section 8 housing for the seriously mentally ill?

test said:
kayochan said:

Ouch.  The plan 3 at Mirabella is only $3,600 (4 beds, $220/sqft).  You must get a lot more infrastructure at Stonegate, or is it just more section 8 housing for the seriously mentally ill?

Really? I was told that it was $5600 per year by one of the salespeople.  I'd love to see written proof of that.

shadax said:
test said:
kayochan said:

Really? I was told that it was $5600 per year by one of the salespeople.  I'd love to see written proof of that.

I got the $4700 number by adding up the MR fees that were listed on their brochure.  I could've added them up wrong.  I didn't take the brochure since I wasn't interested in the condo's.  Maybe someone who took one home can confirm the MR amount?

kayochan said:
shadax said:
test said:
kayochan said:

I got the $4700 number by adding up the MR fees that were listed on their brochure.  I could've added them up wrong.  I didn't take the brochure since I wasn't interested in the condo's.  Maybe someone who took one home can confirm the MR amount?

MR is about $3500/year for Santa Maria, do not know for how many years. TIC lowered MR deliberately for WE last year, but it goes up again for SGE and SG. It is very high for LA currently. Let us wait to see what happens to Cypress. I bet MR will get crazily high for future new homes in Irvine such as Great park neighborhood and OH.

lcms2002 said:
kayochan said:
shadax said:
test said:
kayochan said:

MR is about $3500/year for Santa Maria, do not know for how many years. TIC lowered MR deliberately for WE last year, but it goes up again for SGE and SG. It is very high for LA currently. Let us wait to see what happens to Cypress. I bet MR will get crazily high for future new homes in Irvine such as Great park neighborhood and OH.

ah okay.  That's more like what I was expecting.  Meanwhile, it was the salesperson at Mirabella at Columbus Square that told me that the MR was $5,600 per year. 

Hey guys im new to this forum.  My parents are looking to buy a house here in Santa Maria.

About 90% sure.  This forum has been very helpful!

anth.trinh said:
Hey guys im new to this forum.  My parents are looking to buy a house here in Santa Maria.

Have they looked at any other new home developments? Why do they like Santa Maria?  Anyhow, make sure they take their agent with them so they can split the broker co-op...no sense in leaving money on the table for TIC.  I wouldn't rush in buying, hang back and see how sales go.  If they are slow, they may throw incentives to spur sales. 

kayochan said:

This is absurd.  I think I might join the 'screw OC' crowd and buy in Yorba Linda where there are no MR.  4700 per annum for a condo is just mind-blowing.

Nous said:
kayochan said:

This is absurd.  I think I might join the 'screw OC' crowd and buy in Yorba Linda where there are no MR.  4700 per annum for a condo is just mind-blowing.
And no $300/mo HOAs too. 

shadax said:
lcms2002 said:
kayochan said:
shadax said:
test said:
kayochan said:

ah okay.  That's more like what I was expecting.  Meanwhile, it was the salesperson at Mirabella at Columbus Square that told me that the MR was $5,600 per year.

MR for Santa Maria is $3500. While I don't know the MR for Mirabella, the MR for Augusta (nearby SFR) also at Columbus Square is approximately equal to the property tax (property tax 1.05%, with MR included the total tax is 2.1% according to the brochure). Given the price of of Augusta, the MR is probably around $7000 plus the HOA is like $250.

Nous said:
I think I might join the 'screw OC' crowd and buy in Yorba Linda where there are no MR. 

unless your talking about something else and the 'oc' in your sentence means something other than Orange County... yorba linda is still in the oc.

USCTrojanCPA said:
anth.trinh said:

Have they looked at any other new home developments? Why do they like Santa Maria?  Anyhow, make sure they take their agent with them so they can split the broker co-op...no sense in leaving money on the table for TIC.  I wouldn't rush in buying, hang back and see how sales go.  If they are slow, they may throw incentives to spur sales.

We haven't really looked around else where, where do you recommend looking at?
They want to lock in now because my father wants a certain orientation of the windows for the sun light.

the house won't be up for purchase till December and won't be done till May.  This is phase 3

Back