Santa Maria in Stonegate

USCTrojanCPA said:
The Motor Court Company said:
anth.trinh:

I think schools are not a concern for your parents. I would actually recommend Esplanade at Woodbury over Santa Maria. I believe plan 2 (if still available) will blow them away. Woodbury got more amenities (pocket parks and pools) than Stonegate and is more walkable to Woodbury Town Center.
Plus they can probably negotiate a better deal with Taylor Morission where as Irvine Pacific won't budge.

Not on the plan 2, those are they only units they sell in Esplanade.  4 is the hardest sell they have, can get a good deal on those. 

I don't know the current house your parent's have is valued at, but I would buy in Irvine if it is going to cost as much or more than what they are leaving.  I think it was brought up in another thread, but buying more towards the beach might be better for them as those properties gain/maintain value better.

We are leaving a seven bedroom house for a smaller two to three bedroom range.  We are just looking for something newer.  I'll most definitely check out the suggestions in the previous post.

anth.trinh said:
We are leaving a seven bedroom house for a smaller two to three bedroom range.  We are just looking for something newer.  I'll most definitely check out the suggestions in the previous post.

PS s going to be the best bet then for new and quick.  If they can wait, there will be more areas opening up over the next few years in Costa Mesa and Lake Forest as well as Irvine I believe.  If they can't, I think San Carlos Court still have a few places open.  Personally I'd say avoid Esplanade as you are paying both a premium to live in WB as well as a premium to buy in WB (their HOAs and MRs are kinda high).  Are you all looking at condos only or homes also?  I think there is San Mateo in SG that is decent, detached, and not much more than some of the condos in the area.

Nous said:
anth.trinh said:

PS s going to be the best bet then for new and quick.  If they can wait, there will be more areas opening up over the next few years in Costa Mesa and Lake Forest as well as Irvine I believe.  If they can't, I think San Carlos Court still have a few places open.  Personally I'd say avoid Esplanade as you are paying both a premium to live in WB as well as a premium to buy in WB (their HOAs and MRs are kinda high).  Are you all looking at condos only or homes also?  I think there is San Mateo in SG that is decent, detached, and not much more than some of the condos in the area.

I saw San Mateo and really liked the fact that it was detached with HOA of $110. But personally I'm leaning towards PS because as Nous said you do get more for your $.  Although Woodbury amenities are nice.

I really like the loft with three bedroom layout and I'm thinking about making the leap with Ironwood.  I like Primrose layout as well but the second level ceiling is quite low and that was a deal breaker for me.  Do you guys think its a bad idea to go with Ironwood? :-\

workdork said:
Nous said:
anth.trinh said:

I saw San Mateo and really liked the fact that it was detached with HOA of $110. But personally I'm leaning towards PS because as Nous said you do get more for your $.  Although Woodbury amenities are nice.

I really like the loft with three bedroom layout and I'm thinking about making the leap with Ironwood.  I like Primrose layout as well but the second level ceiling is quite low and that was a deal breaker for me.  Do you guys think its a bad idea to go with Ironwood? :-\

If you find a place you absolutely love (actual, not the model) then go ahead.  I was close to buying in Ironwood personally a few months back, but didn't.  Since then prices have dropped 20~30k on their units.  That's what I would worry about the most in Ironwood, people don't want to buy attached and that is forcing their prices down.  Also, last year around Feb KB did a once time drop in price of about 30k on their primrose homes.  That is another thing I would worry about.

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Since my questions are related to Santa Maria (Stonegate), I thought I'd revive this old post.

I have been in the market for a townhouse/condo for a couple of months. I really like Residence 1 of Santa Maria, and Residence 2 would be my second option. My limit is between $450K and $500K. I just got on the priority list for SM. I was told my the sales staff that I have to wait 5 to 6 months for them to call me and let me know if they have a house for me. If I do get a house, I have to wait 5 to 6 months for it to get built. When I had talked to them the first time which was the first week of February, they had told me that I would have to wait 3 to 4 months to get a call. When I checked with them again the beginning of March they said 4 to 5 months. Now it is 5 to 6 months. Wells Fargo took about 2 weeks to pre-qualify me so I can get on the list. Also, in the first week of March, the IP website said "Now Selling" for the Residence 1 and 2. Now it says "Call for Availability". The sales staff there would not tell me how many people are on the list or if I even had a chance of getting a new home. They just said that they have about 6 to 8 phases of SM left.

My questions are:
1 - Does anyone have any idea what the probability of me getting a house is?
2 - Do I even have a chance?
3 - How many people might be on the list?
4 - Based on average, how many people drop off of the list?
5 - Does it really take 5 to 6 months for them to call you back or it can be sooner?
6 - How many Residence 1 are left?
7 - How many Residence 2 are left?
8 - If anyone here got a house in SM, what was the process timeline?
9 - When is the buildout of SM?
10 - Any new home recommendations in Irvine for 2bd/2br under $500K?
11 - Any advise?

I know those are a lot of question, but answers on any would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

@quattro:

Welcome to TI (for posting at least)!

I would recommend to keep calling and visiting in person. Those lists can be long but many people do drop off for a variety of reasons. If you show the sales office you are motivated and ready to buy, that might move you up on the list.

It's just crazy right now because resale inventory is so low that people are flocking to new homes.

Do you know one specific person at the sales office? I find that frequent visits and getting friendly with a specific salesperson does help when they think about who they will call. And while I wouldn't recommend SoCal's method of "greasing the palm"... remain persistent... if you're not picky about lot/location/plan, that helps in getting anything that frees up because if fell out of escrow.

I can't help with any of your later questions but good luck with your hunt, keep your financials straight for prequal renewals and please let us know how it goes.

irvinehomeowner said:
@quattro:

Welcome to TI (for posting at least)!

I would recommend to keep calling and visiting in person. Those lists can be long but many people do drop off for a variety of reasons. If you show the sales office you are motivated and ready to buy, that might move you up on the list.

It's just crazy right now because resale inventory is so low that people are flocking to new homes.

Do you know one specific person at the sales office? I find that frequent visits and getting friendly with a specific salesperson does help when they think about who they will call. And while I wouldn't recommend SoCal's method of "greasing the palm"... remain persistent... if you're not picky about lot/location/plan, that helps in getting anything that frees up because if fell out of escrow.

I can't help with any of your later questions but good luck with your hunt, keep your financials straight for prequal renewals and please let us know how it goes.

@irvinehomeowner

Thanks. That is good advice. Ill give them a visit.

No, I dont know anyone at the sales office. I am not picky about lot/location/plan.

Thank you. I will keep you guys posted.

Btw, the prices keep going up by phase and I thought Id share some info I have for Santa Maria (the grand opening was October 2011):

Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 12-9-11)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $432,000
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $458,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $505,000

Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 3-6-13)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $445,600
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $460,300
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $539,500

@ quattroporte, thanks for the pricing sheet.

To me this price increases (for more than a year on Santa Maria's) does not seem half bad as the increases in some of the other stonegate communities like for ex, the saratoga's or San Mateo's, where the increase was average 5K each phase.

Price increases again.

Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 12-9-11)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $432,000
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $458,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $505,000

Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 3-6-13)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $445,600
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $460,300
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $539,500

Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 3-23-13)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $451,700
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $471,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $550,800

quattroporte said:
Just curious, but anyone from here on IP priority list and got a call to purchase a home?

i was on the list last fall, got an offer 3 weeks ago. close escrow late September. also no more options from phase 14 onward. also plan 3 will soon reach $600k.

chienb said:
quattroporte said:
Just curious, but anyone from here on IP priority list and got a call to purchase a home?

i was on the list last fall, got an offer 3 weeks ago. close escrow late September. also no more options from phase 14 onward. also plan 3 will soon reach $600k.
Wow, Can't wait for my home to get over $1m... :-*

chienb said:
quattroporte said:

What do you mean by "options from phase 14 onward"?

irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
Doesn't matter... Need the money for business venture :)
When are you going to hire me to manage your next Donut Star?

(although I might eat all the profits)

Donut's are so last year.... ugh! lol....

Remember that business I took on after D.S. that I told you about?  It's working!!  ;)

Back