San Mateo Phase 2++ @ Stonegate

I was just at the website and was wondering when did the prices get raised for San Mateo?  I remember the sales consultant telling me the houses were selling like hotcakes.  I thought it was just a sales pitch to let me know that I bought at the right time.

Residence 1 is listed for High 500s
Residence 2 is listed for Low 600s
Residence 3 is listed for Low 600s

I think Residence 3 is the only unit justified to sell for the low 600s.  It was only this summer when Residence 2 was selling for the highs 500s and that was a price range of 580K.

Since the rains are coming in, for those of you with houses in the frame stage that don't have roofs yet, don't worry.  Irvine Pacific uses a special wood that defies the laws of nature.  Harry Potter zapped it with a spell so it can resist mold.

Happy New Year!

The base price for plan 2 is $618,800. Not sure the base price for the other two though, as the houses for the other two plans all have a huge premium added to the price.

Bad news for San Mateo III, they are now standardizing all upgrades. They will have the cabinets, counter tops, backsplashes, etc. picked out for you.

I guess IPAC is tired of stingy Asians buyers who just purchase the basic home.

JasonTheArtist said:
Bad news for San Mateo III, they are now standardizing all upgrades. They will have the cabinets, counter tops, backsplashes, etc. picked out for you.

The Motor Court Company said:

JasonTheArtist said:

I don't think it's that at all.  I think they're trying to convince new buyers that they are getting something extra for the inflated prices.  They will put in $10,000 worth of upgrades (which is probably only like $4-5,000 to them) and charge an extra $15K on the price. 

JasonTheArtist said:

How can they do that? So all the homes will be identical? That is wired.

irvine123searching said:
JasonTheArtist said:

How can they do that? So all the homes will be identical? That is wired.

I'm sure they will have a few alternating designs.

Irvinecommuter said:

JasonTheArtist said:

I don't think it's that at all.  I think they're trying to convince new buyers that they are getting something extra for the inflated prices.  They will put in $10,000 worth of upgrades (which is probably only like $4-5,000 to them) and charge an extra $15K on the price. 
My guess is that they are doing it so that the appraisals will bring a higher value.  There's a limit to how much they can keep going up in price without any additional added value provided to the buyers.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:

JasonTheArtist said:

My guess is that they are doing it so that the appraisals will bring a higher value.  There's a limit to how much they can keep going up in price without any additional added value provided to the buyers.

Works for me...I am hoping for a 5-10 percent bump on my new place so I can refinance into a single jumbo loan in the next year or two.

Whether it's a forced upgrade or not, there will be one common theme; $hitty a$$ construction quality.  We bought 90% of our upgrades from the builder but that didn't stop them from cutting corners.  You don't get extra quality or piece of mind by buying upgrades from the builder.  Of course, there are some "no brainer" upgrades that you MUST do through the builder because it's just much easier and efficient.  The major headache comes when you try to schedule warranty repair work.  It's done at "their" convenience, not yours.  Don't forget to bring some barbie dolls to your appointments at the Home Design Center.  The high school girl helping you pick options will appreciate it.

They will also dispute almost "everything" your independent inspector finds.  Don't fall for this ploy, it's only to cast doubt that you did the right thing.  IP called my inspector a big dummy that doesn't know jack about construction.

Question for Irvine Pacific:  Since my inspector AKA big dummy found over 90 defects/issues with my house that you failed to find, what does that make you?
Answer:  ???

snut100 said:
Question for Irvine Pacific:  Since my inspector AKA big dummy found over 90 defects/issues with my house that you failed to find, what does that make you?

It means they are dumber than a dummy!

The map for San Mateo 3 is up on IP's website. It could be any day now that they start releasing them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 8.51.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 8.51.37 AM.png
    828.1 KB · Views: 355
snut100 said:
Whether it's a forced upgrade or not, there will be one common theme; $hitty a$$ construction quality.  We bought 90% of our upgrades from the builder but that didn't stop them from cutting corners.  You don't get extra quality or piece of mind by buying upgrades from the builder.  Of course, there are some "no brainer" upgrades that you MUST do through the builder because it's just much easier and efficient.  The major headache comes when you try to schedule warranty repair work.  It's done at "their" convenience, not yours.  Don't forget to bring some barbie dolls to your appointments at the Home Design Center.  The high school girl helping you pick options will appreciate it.

They will also dispute almost "everything" your independent inspector finds.  Don't fall for this ploy, it's only to cast doubt that you did the right thing.  IP called my inspector a big dummy that doesn't know jack about construction.

Just talking to some potential inspectors...IP is the only builder who doesn't allow them to go onsite on a regular basis.  Lame.

Back