San Mateo Phase 2++ @ Stonegate

none said:
Does anyone regret buying in SG?

No regrets so far, living the motorcourt dream.  I have a couple of pet peeves.  Asians doing construction on Sundays.  Association rules say no work on Sunday but then again, this is a do nothing association.  This should taper off since the Association sent everyone notice that it's "mandatory" that the backyards be fully landscaped in one year.  Garbage cans left out for days in the Maricopa part.  Again, do nothing association.

Immigrant Asian guy* smokes every 2-3 hours outside his house.  When I fix up my yard, this guy better not be smoking in his yard.  I do plan to complain and sue.  Planning on the do nothing association not lifting a finger which will build my case.  Everyone that I talk to at IP construction is considered my worker, I give them orders and they follow them.  I am NOT going to take their advice anymore.  They know nothing about building homes.

*Not sure if he is an immigrant but he doesn't look Americanized to me.  Balding head, smoking without a clue that others hate him.

snut100 said:
Not sure if he is an immigrant but he doesn't look Americanized to me.  Balding head, smoking without a clue that others hate him.

It's not that he doesn't have a clue, he doesn't care what u think.

Just curious under what basis u plan on suing if he is smoking in his yard?  I'm assuming the smoke comes over to your yard?

At work, people smoke outside the building right next to the entrance/exit cause that is where they keep the ashtray. I've thought about complaining to building management so I don't have to smell the second hand smoke as I walk into the building. It's not an every day occurrence, but still annoying.

Any one know if san mateo 3 has been released or not? What's the price? Last time when I was there, the sales person said that it will be released at the end of March.

irvine123searching said:
Any one know if san mateo 3 has been released or not? What's the price? Last time when I was there, the sales person said that it will be released at the end of March.

Yes, San Mateo 3 was released over the last weekend. Looks like the prices have increased by 25K-30K approximately. I also came to know that the lot sizes are smaller and there is no option of conservatory for San Mateo 3. The backyard is smaller and is around 10 ft deep in San Mateo 3 compared to 15 ft or so in San Mateo 2. The sales guy told that all houses released this weekend were sold out in 1 day. This sounds really crazy :)

bimmerv said:
irvine123searching said:

Yes, San Mateo 3 was released over the last weekend. Looks like the prices have increased by 25K-30K approximately. I also came to know that the lot sizes are smaller and there is no option of conservatory for San Mateo 3. The backyard is smaller and is around 10 ft deep in San Mateo 3 compared to 15 ft or so in San Mateo 2. The sales guy told that all houses released this weekend were sold out in 1 day. This sounds really crazy :)

That is insane!  The lack of conservatory is killer!

You're basically going back to San Mateo 1 sizes.  San Mateo 2 was in San Marcos lots, but since San Mateo did so well, they put that there instead of extending San Marcos.  So you're not really losing anything per say...they just going back to the original lot sizes

qwerty said:
It's not that he doesn't have a clue, he doesn't care what u think.

Just curious under what basis u plan on suing if he is smoking in his yard?  I'm assuming the smoke comes over to your yard?

Either I will sue or develop an annoying habit myself.  I will burn manure in my backyard with newspaper.  I forgot my OC Register password...

By MARILYN KALFUS / ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

The battle over secondhand smoke is intensifying in California, as the focus shifts from public spaces to the most private of places: Lighting up at home.

An Orange County Superior Court jury this month found a Trabuco Canyon homeowners association and management company negligent for failing to resolve a secondhand smoke dispute between neighbors at a condominium.

The case likely will have ramifications for condo associations statewide as they deal with disagreements over where people can smoke, said Michael Sohigian, a Westwood ...

MOTOR COURT HOME = CONDO + LAZY ASSOCIATION = $$$$$ for me!

qwerty said:
At work, people smoke outside the building right next to the entrance/exit cause that is where they keep the ashtray. I've thought about complaining to building management so I don't have to smell the second hand smoke as I walk into the building. It's not an every day occurrence, but still annoying.

You should complain.  I did this with my work building and now smoking is prohibited 50 feet from the building.  They got sick of the people complaining and all the litter in the entrance.  I would also approach any women who was pregnant and ask them to complain about the smoke too.

Hi,

Just curious for those who already got a house in San Mateo, how long did you  have to wait? also we got in priority list for Marigold in Cypress on the first day still no call.  We visited the model yesterday and all sold out.  We are tired of waiting for a call from Irvine company.  Any suggestion?

Thank you,

littlebirdie08 said:
Hi,

Just curious for those who already got a house in San Mateo, how long did you  have to wait? also we got in priority list for Marigold in Cypress on the first day still no call.  We visited the model yesterday and all sold out.  We are tired of waiting for a call from Irvine company.  Any suggestion?

Thank you,
I have a few clients that I signed up in Jan-March (they got their loan pre-approval from IPac's lender within days of us signing up) and they have not gotten a call yet.  One of your options is to look at similar resale homes and bid up.

littlebirdie08 said:
Hi,

Thank you,

I got on the list in November and got a call for the phase that just passed.

irvine123searching said:
JasonTheArtist said:
I got on the list in November and got a call for the phase that just passed.

Curious how much are they now?

Plan 3 was 672k. This includes 10k worth of preselected upgrades (Kitchen granite, Kitchen Backsplash, Raised Panel Cabinets, Master bath counter top, recessed lighting in master BR, ceiling fan pre-wire in other 2 bedrooms, and upgraded paint throughout.)

JasonTheArtist said:
Plan 3 was 672k. This includes 10k worth of preselected upgrades (Kitchen granite, Kitchen Backsplash, Raised Panel Cabinets, Master bath counter top, recessed lighting in master BR, ceiling fan pre-wire in other 2 bedrooms, and upgraded paint throughout.)

Just curious, but what were they when you got on the list?

quattroporte said:
JasonTheArtist said:

Just curious, but what were they when you got on the list?

Plan 1 and 2 were from 605 - 620 while plan 3 was around 640. And to remind you, these lots were bigger and gave you the option of adding a California or observatory room. So, it's about a 20k increase since I got on the list.

JasonTheArtist said:

Just curious - don't you mean recessed panel is the upgrade instead of raised panel?

Back