Retail Openings and Closures

HMart said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Went to H-Mart on Saturday... big mistake... grand opening madness.

But the place is huge and the food court has quite a few offerings... more than the DJ H-Mart.

Are they keeping both open? I think someone mentioned that the DJ H-Mart was going to be replaced by a Chinese grocery store.

My wife went to the Westpark HMart, saw the crowds, said f this, and went to the DJ HMart which was unusually devoid of people.

We were at the DJ HMart on Saturday morning. I thought it was devoid of people because it was before 11am. Maybe because it was because of the Westpark grand opening.

irvinehomeowner said:
No Love Letter Pizza in the food court though... you haven't lived until you had pizza with bulgogi and corn on it.

No, thanks. A simple pepperoni pizza is the best. Well, I like mushroom, olives, and jalape?o also, but that's it.

irvinehomeowner said:
No Love Letter Pizza in the food court though... you haven't lived until you had pizza with bulgogi and corn on it.

They did have the famous Korean corn dogs though... and Korean fried chicken.

Which LL pizza has corn on it?  Can?t find it on the menu.

aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:

They did have the famous Korean corn dogs though... and Korean fried chicken.

Which LL pizza has corn on it?  Can?t find it on the menu.

One of the potato pizzas? I forgot? just saw a bulgogi potato pizza on their menu that had corn.

HMart said:
Just noticed that Cantonese cafe Delicious Food Corner opened up in Irvine, near Zion Market. Apparently it's big in SGV.

The Yelp reviews for it are all over the places. It's funny, though, that people are complaining about their prices compared to Monterey Park and Hacienda Heights stores. Really, you don't expect to see the same price in Irvine and MP when everything else is more expensive in Irvine.

I haven't tried Tasty Garden yet, so I'll try both and see how they compare.

Crazy the parking lot is packed. Heard there is a long line for discount seafood. I am just here to see my dentist and cannot find parking

HMart said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Went to H-Mart on Saturday... big mistake... grand opening madness.

But the place is huge and the food court has quite a few offerings... more than the DJ H-Mart.

Are they keeping both open? I think someone mentioned that the DJ H-Mart was going to be replaced by a Chinese grocery store.

My wife went to the Westpark HMart, saw the crowds, said f this, and went to the DJ HMart which was unusually devoid of people.

CalBears96 said:
HMart said:
Just noticed that Cantonese cafe Delicious Food Corner opened up in Irvine, near Zion Market. Apparently it's big in SGV.

The Yelp reviews for it are all over the places. It's funny, though, that people are complaining about their prices compared to Monterey Park and Hacienda Heights stores. Really, you don't expect to see the same price in Irvine and MP when everything else is more expensive in Irvine.

Went to Delicious Food Corner today. The food wasn't good and it's pretty expensive. Not sure if it's Irvine price, so I'll have to check out Tasty Garden to compare price. One of my favorites, seafood fried noodle, was disappointing. Beef chow fun was a bit better, but still not very good. Can't compare to Happy Together in Chino Hills or Garden Bistro in Rowland Heights. And items on the menu are pretty limited.

My wife said she's not going back and I'll have to agree.

CalBears96 said:
CalBears96 said:
HMart said:

Went to Delicious Food Corner today. The food wasn't good and it's pretty expensive. Not sure if it's Irvine price, so I'll have to check out Tasty Garden to compare price. One of my favorites, seafood fried noodle, was disappointing. Beef chow fun was a bit better, but still not very good. Can't compare to Happy Together in Chino Hills or Garden Bistro in Rowland Heights. And items on the menu are pretty limited.

My wife said she's not going back and I'll have to agree.

I've heard two similar negative reviews from friends. They like Tasty Garden better.

Per an e-mail from Regal, the Regal (Edwards) Westpark is permanently closing, effective today.  With its parent company filing for bankruptcy last week, it's not completely surprising, given the glut of screens (mostly Regal branded) around town.  Like the other local Regal (Edwards ) theaters, this one has been increasingly showing unique & Chinese-language films.

I wonder if some other operator will sign a lease for the location.  AMC would've been a viable candidate had they not just completed an overhaul of the Woodbridge 5.  Maybe Century Theaters? 

Northern China Kitchen (the same one in the University Town Center) is also opening in that Westpark Plaza where the Pho place used to be next to the closed Big 5.

Looks like Sharkey's finally closed in Quail Hill.

I tried them several times... just didn't seem Mexican to me.

Not sure if someone already said this but Two Left Forks also closed. That corner location doesn't do too well but Irvine Grill seems to be okay.

We recently went to Ye's Noodle Zone in Heritage Plaza (next to Jax Bicycles)... pretty good... you order from your phone at the table and it goes directly to the kitchen.

We were also at EMC in the same plaza recently and they had discontinued their dim sum menu because they were closing down soon.

Someone bring a Golden Corral to Irvine! :)

Back