Retail Openings and Closures

Me said:
paperboyNC said:
A little ironic isn't it that people prefer to murder and steal close to home?

That was one of the things I never understood about the LA riots.  Why did the looters go to K-town when they could have gone to Beverly Hills?

do you know how many bus stops that is?  Just go down the street so you can walk that TV home.

Me said:
paperboyNC said:

That was one of the things I never understood about the LA riots.  Why did the looters go to K-town when they could have gone to Beverly Hills?

There is a racial component to that...Koreans and African Americans did not (and probably still don't) get along.

Me said:
paperboyNC said:

Beverly hills has a lot of fences / gates / private security?

Me said:
Stop complaining.  This is called progress.  It could be worse.  There could be some kind of workable public transportation system that would allow the riff-raff to traverse freely through your perfectly pristine planned community.

Remember the Centerline project, a proposed light rail system from Fullerton to Irvine through Santa Ana?

It got shot down partly due to Irvine opposition.

KB home design center coming soon in 2014 to Orchard Hills shopping center next to Zovs.  Nooooooooooo!  Anyone but KrapBuild!

In the OH thread, looks like there will be big sized detached homes on motorcourts, isn't that like their Garden Hill homes in PS?

I meant to post this earlier but Seattle's Best Coffee in Heritage Plaze (Culver/Walnut) closed.

Too many people going to Bruxie's instead.

irvinehomeowner said:
I meant to post this earlier but Seattle's Best Coffee in Heritage Plaze (Culver/Walnut) closed.

Too many people going to Bruxie's instead.

I won't be shedding a tear for Seattle's Best. Peet's or Kean Coffee are my go to spots.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/miyabi-shabu-shabu-and-grill-irvine

Miyabi opened for about a month now at the old Sushilicious spot.  I would pass this place up and head on over to Mokkoji instead.  Wish I did, had a case of bad food poisoning that night after dinner (about 90% sure it was the seafood at Miyabi).  And yes I triple boiled everything (but then the waiter did add soup stock without asking me and brought the temp down...hmmmm).  Never again.

ps9 said:

Miyabi opened for about a month now at the old Sushilicious spot.  I would pass this place up and head on over to Mokkoji instead.  Wish I did, had a case of bad food poisoning that night after dinner (about 90% sure it was the seafood at Miyabi).  And yes I triple boiled everything (but then the waiter did add soup stock without asking me and brought the temp down...hmmmm).  Never again.
Maybe you should stop eating all that weird seafood.

Cronuts never give me a stomach ache. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:

Nothing makes you lose pounds like the food poisoning diet.  I replenished next day with a McRib.

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:

Nothing makes you lose pounds like the food poisoning diet.  I replenished next day with a McRib.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/frozen-mcrib_n_4260461.html

Capriottis sandwiches is opening up next to Gburger at the marketplace.

there will be a new subway and flame broiler on newport/edinger in Tustin next to the new hotels, supposed to open this month

qwerty said:

there will be a new subway and flame broiler on newport/edinger in Tustin next to the new hotels, supposed to open this month

Those hotels look so out of place... lol

HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
qwerty said:

Those hotels look so out of place... lol

agree kind of random. but that starbucks drive thru is always full in the morning. hopefully the flaimebroiler can stay in business. im guessing they wont be getting many dinner visitors there (other than me).

qwerty said:

Slight aside...not a big fan of Flame Broilers.  I like the concept but it's pretty expensive and like 90% rice.  Why are there so few Yoshinoyas in OC????!!!!

Back