Retail Openings and Closures

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Capriottis sandwiches is opening up next to Gburger at the marketplace.

there will be a new subway and flame broiler on newport/edinger in Tustin next to the new hotels, supposed to open this month

Slight aside...not a big fan of Flame Broilers.  I like the concept but it's pretty expensive and like 90% rice. 

yeah that is why i always ask for extra meat. wait, thats what she said.

I LOVE Flame Broiler!! I like my meat to taste like it died in a fire. One of my faves. I go a few times per month.

SoCal said:
I LOVE Flame Broiler!! I like my meat to taste like it died in a fire. One of my faves. I go a few times per month.

Mmm...sounds appetizing.  I don't really have a problem with it per se but at like $6 a bowl...it's pretty expensive. 

bones said:
Tyler Durden said:
SoCal said:

Really?

Once it is cooked to that degree, there's no telling what kind of quality the meat is.  Which is why a high end steakhouse will refuse to cook a steak "well done".  I've actually seen the chef come out to talk people out of that with the justification that you are paying top dollar for the finer cut of meat, but you cannot experience the quality when its burned beyond recognition.

that's why if you're pregnant, the only "steak" you can eat are the burgers at Mick's Karma Bar since they use fresh ground sirloin.  One of their burgers and a strawberry basil lemonade would really hit the spot right now.

+1

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Why are there so few Yoshinoyas in OC? ??? !!!!
Preach it.

I actually don't think there are any south of the one in Tustin.

Negative, there is one on Lake Forest & Irvine Center drive (right next to Dominos pizza). 
Is that new? Doesn't show up on their website.

It exists, it is next to Dominos.  Get in your hoopty and get over there to see for yourself.  Google didn't have a street view for there, so you will have to see the old fashioned way.
Really?  A Yoshinoya Beef Bowl? Why doesn't it come up on any maps or directories online? Did it just open?

I think I've seen that center on Lake Forest and IVC but I would remember if there was a Beef Bowl there.

irvinehomeowner said:
Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Why are there so few Yoshinoyas in OC? ??? !!!!
Preach it.

I actually don't think there are any south of the one in Tustin.

Negative, there is one on Lake Forest & Irvine Center drive (right next to Dominos pizza). 
Is that new? Doesn't show up on their website.

It exists, it is next to Dominos.  Get in your hoopty and get over there to see for yourself.  Google didn't have a street view for there, so you will have to see the old fashioned way.
Really?  A Yoshinoya Beef Bowl? Why doesn't it come up on any maps or directories online? Did it just open?

I think I've seen that center on Lake Forest and IVC but I would remember if there was a Beef Bowl there.

According to Google...it's a Flame Broiler.

https://plus.google.com/117111865016531282710/about?gl=us&hl=en

Also Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-flame-broiler-laguna-hills-2

bones said:
You can get yoshinoya beef with onion in the frozen section at mitsuwa. I'm sure it's just as not tasty as the real thing :)

Also, necktar is opening in orchard hills in 2014 and Leport is expanding (no shock there) in the same plaza.

I thought the Nektar was open already for some reason... hmm.

Tyler Durden said:
don't hang out on this side of the tracks much anymore do you?

Nope.  Do miss some of the nice things in Irvine though... But it's nice having a little distance between neighbors  :D

bones said:
You can get yoshinoya beef with onion in the frozen section at mitsuwa. I'm sure it's just as not tasty as the real thing :)

Also, necktar is opening in orchard hills in 2014 and Leport is expanding (no shock there) in the same plaza.

I am amazed at the prices that Leport charges...I get it's Irvine but the LePort in OH is in a terrible location...right next the major streets.  Nothing better than my kid playing outside next to car exhaust.

I noticed the Montessori in Woodbury and Northwood are both actively seeking students.

Irvinecommuter said:
Nothing better than my kid playing outside next to car exhaust.

Don't worry IC, it will make your kid stronger and then he can go to china and eat food off the ground and not get sick.

Irvinecommuter said:
I noticed the Montessori in Woodbury and Northwood are both actively seeking students.

Montessori in Woodbury have slots for new students? We checked out Montessori in Woodbury few weeks after they opened.  They said waitlist is about one year (supposedly around Sept 2014) !!  They said they would have some opening soon in Northwood but we passed (out of the way).  We put our child in the waitlist but never heard back ..

GH said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Montessori in Woodbury have slots for new students? We checked out Montessori in Woodbury few weeks after they opened.  They said waitlist is about one year (supposedly around Sept 2014) !!  They said they would have some opening soon in Northwood but we passed (out of the way).  We put our child in the waitlist but never heard back ..

I haven't check but I notice signs seeking students.

Back