Retail Openings and Closures

They are just renovating. Took sign down to make sure people drive up only to realize it is closed (cause that happened a ton the first few weeks they started the renovation).

Does anyone remember the name of the sporting goods store that was at the spectrum way back when? Where Bristol Farms is now.

Taquiera Taco Patio looks like they closed both Irvine locations.

Chip (a cookie place) looks to be opening in Crossroads where Ha Long was.

I had no idea the Panera in Crossroads closed.

And what's going up in its place? The Broken Yolk.

Still wondering what they will put in the Island space... I was hoping for Golden Corral or someone reviving Souplantation. Even a Dimassi's would work.

Mochinut is going to open in the University Center, hopefully it's like the Fashion Island one and has mochi donuts AND rice dogs.

A solid Vietnamese Coffee place would be a welcome addition, especially if they sell beans. If there is one locally in Irvine, I'll take any recommendations please. The stuff they brew is straight rocket fuel.

You can get Vietnamese coffee at various places in Irvine.

- BLK dot at the marketplace
- 7 leaves on Jeffrey
- cafe nep on culver
- any lees sandwiches
- THH in Tustin

None of these are Vietnamese coffee shops but they will do. Or you can just go to Costco and get your own Lee’s bottles. Starbucks should just offer Vietnamese coffee. Who needs cocaine when you have Vietnamese coffee!

Thx @qwerty

Lee's is ok cold and haven't yet tried it hot. The beans they sell as Arabica, not the Robusta that most Southeast Asian countries will use. Will try some of your recommended spots.

Back