Retail Openings and Closures

That;s probably better than the Albertos/Alertos/Albertacos/Robertos/Rodrigos I would go to back in the day.

Looked at their prices and seems pricey... like almost all food today.

Yep, I tried the one on Culver. The cashier took my $20 bill and gave me change wearing blue latex gloves, then made my food wearing the same gloves. That one wasn’t easy to eat but I figured this happens all the time at fast food and I mostly just don’t see it.
It was decent. I mixed all the flavors with some corn and some flour tortillas. Can’t go back though because it wasn’t sanitary.
This practice is the worst. You either ONLY wear gloves making food OR do everything else wearing gloves and then wash your hands to make food.

That is why I like the McDonalds setup the best. Pay at the first window and pick up the food at the second window by workers who went to the bathroom and didn’t wash their hands :)

I’m sure all food establishments do something that if we saw we would never eat there again.

That is why I like the McDonalds setup the best. Pay at the first window and pick up the food at the second window by workers who went to the bathroom and didn’t wash their hands :)

I’m sure all food establishments do something that if we saw we would never eat there again.
LoL, I was thinking the same thing. How much food has dropped on the ground or been sneezed on that we ended up eating. Ignorance is Bliss.

So Tokyo Central is supposed to replace the Caspian location. So weird with Mitsuwa so close by.

I also finally had some Wanderlust, expensive but good flavors.
that is one weird decision to make, since it's so closed to Mitsuwa.

that Mitsuwa is tiny though, and it can't seem to keep its shelf stocked, so maybe it's readying for its time to go.

Heritage Plaza is a different owner than the back center (Heritage Place?), so it's probably one of those don't care things.

Harbor blvd has a few Japanese markets that are close together.

I don't remember being in a Tokyo Central... is it better than Mitsuwa?

Tokyo Central prepared foods >>> Mitsuwa. They also have a decent selection of Hawaii snacks / foods if you are into that thing.
the interesting thing is, Mitsuwa in Torrance has a much better prepped food selection and in store restaurants.
The one in Irvine, and to some extend, one in Costa Mesa has been, lacking, in comparison.

Many more Japanese people and companies in and around South Bay than Irvine. Try Tama-en in Lomita for yakiniku.

For good sushi in Lake Forest that is Japanese owned and has been around since the 80s try Uoko.

Saw on Nextdoor that Carl’s Jr. in Tustin Marketplace will become a Starbucks with double drive thru. Just what we need.

I drove by the Marketplace today as I was showing homes in the area and I noticed that the Chick-Fil-A is closed, I wonder what is going to go there.

Back