Retail Openings and Closures

MoDo donuts inside Mitsuwa at Heritage Plaza closed a few months back.

And in the past week or so, Mochill Donuts & Coffee opened in the same spot.

MoDo donuts inside Mitsuwa at Heritage Plaza closed a few months back.

And in the past week or so, Mochill Donuts & Coffee opened in the same spot.

Modo was $2.25 and made the donuts fresh when you ordered and couldn't survive. Mochill is $3 for a donut that has been sitting there for hours. Can't imagine this place being open too long..

damn the counter closed? it was our "last night meal" on the day we moved out of the Woodbury Apartment and became homeowners since. I missed the days we took the city stroll to the shopping center...

Looks like they’re about to begin construction on Bass Pro. The parking lot is walled off and building fenced in. Over the weekend they removed tore out the old Walmart entrance. Currently, you can see the entire building interior — and it’s still entirely in Walmart decor, so they’re literally just beginning.

Looks like they’re about to begin construction on Bass Pro. The parking lot is walled off and building fenced in. Over the weekend they removed tore out the old Walmart entrance. Currently, you can see the entire building interior — and it’s still entirely in Walmart decor, so they’re literally just beginning.
Good Good, I wish they can complete soon. Some things are much easier to buy with them being close.

On the other hand, any saw the zoo of a waiting line of Wanderlust?
The line went all the way from the front of the plaza all the way to the Japanese fusion sushi place.

Good Good, I wish they can complete soon. Some things are much easier to buy with them being close.

On the other hand, any saw the zoo of a waiting line of Wanderlust?
The line went all the way from the front of the plaza all the way to the Japanese fusion sushi place.
Really!? I tried Wanderlust last week. It was one-and-done for me. Flavor was good but the portion are crazy small. I swear they use a melon scoop for their ice cream then charge $7-$10.

I gotta say though the flavors were really good. I got the Mango Sticky Rice, Vietnamese Coffee, and I think Boba one. They were all really good, but price was too crazy. I think the hand-packed pints were around $10-$11, much better value there. If I ever go back I'll just get a pint and eat it out of the carton lol.

Really!? I tried Wanderlust last week. It was one-and-done for me. Flavor was good but the portion are crazy small. I swear they use a melon scoop for their ice cream then charge $7-$10.

I gotta say though the flavors were really good. I got the Mango Sticky Rice, Vietnamese Coffee, and I think Boba one. They were all really good, but price was too crazy. I think the hand-packed pints were around $10-$11, much better value there. If I ever go back I'll just get a pint and eat it out of the carton lol.
$7-$10 for a scoop?

I would just go grab a 28 oz carton Haagen-Dazs. :ROFLMAO:

$7-$10 for a scoop?

I would just go grab a 28 oz carton Haagen-Dazs. :ROFLMAO:
yeah, it's certainly that price for a scoop.

I have been craving for a good Thai ice tea ice cream ever since Creamistry closed down

@aquabliss You should try Stella Jean's in Costa Mesa off 17th. Great ice cream flavors too.
Damn it Stella Jean actually has Thai ice cream, looks like I have to go there now.

I believe Shake Shack @ Spectrum is opening this Friday. There is a promo for BOGO Shakes between 2-5pm for app/online orders through 7/31, use code SHAKEITUP at checkout.

BOGO Shakes

Offer only valid for qualifying orders scheduled for pickup between 2pm and 5pm (local time of the Shack) during the period 05/09/2023 through 7/31/2023 (“Promotional Period”). Orders must be placed on the Shake Shack Mobile App or via shakeshack.com and fulfilled at participating Shake Shack locations (excluding airports, stadiums, arenas, travel plazas and museums) during the Promotional Period. Offer is not valid for in-store or drive-thru purchases, delivery or curbside, or for orders made through third party delivery apps. One time use per order. Max savings of up to $6.59. Must add a combination of at least two (2) Shakes (including any Limited Time Offer Shakes or Mini Shakes) to cart prior to checkout. Order may include a combination of mini and regular size and types of qualifying shakes. Offer excludes paid add-ons such as whipped cream and malt. Discount will be applied to the qualifying shake of equal or lesser value. Must be signed into a registered account for the discount to apply. Cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Use code ‘SHAKEITUP' at checkout.

Not sure if this was mentioned here but the Caspian, Irvine Super and other stores in that same row have all been closed and razed.

Does anyone know what is being built there?

Caspian and Irvine Super have moved to South OC.

So Tokyo Central is supposed to replace the Caspian location. So weird with Mitsuwa so close by.

I also finally had some Wanderlust, expensive but good flavors.

Anyone try Roll-Em Up Taquitos yet? There are 2 new locations in the Square by McArthur and Main and in the same center as Wanderlust off of Culver and Walnut.

Anyone try Roll-Em Up Taquitos yet? There are 2 new locations in the Square by McArthur and Main and in the same center as Wanderlust off of Culver and Walnut.
Yep, I tried the one on Culver. The cashier took my $20 bill and gave me change wearing blue latex gloves, then made my food wearing the same gloves. That one wasn’t easy to eat but I figured this happens all the time at fast food and I mostly just don’t see it.
It was decent. I mixed all the flavors with some corn and some flour tortillas. Can’t go back though because it wasn’t sanitary.

Back