Retail closures in Irvine

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1256466947][quote author="roundcorners" date=1256464080].. You know something is up when they were charging $9 for a <strong>bowel</strong> of fast-food pasta. ..</blockquote>

To further cut expenses instead of napkin the order comes with toilet paper.</blockquote>

LOL. Bowel. I've upheaved mine here a couple of times. I noticed they closed their doors for the first time yesterday too.

Who'd guess that placing the hot plate out front like a demonstration kitchen, and having some guy in a hairnet dump a gelatinous concoction from a plastic container in pot and stir it like a paint can with some pasta in it would be a bad idea?

[quote author="Matchbox" date=1256519403][quote author="bkshopr" date=1256466947][quote author="roundcorners" date=1256464080].. You know something is up when they were charging $9 for a <strong>bowel</strong> of fast-food pasta. ..</blockquote>

To further cut expenses instead of napkin the order comes with toilet paper.</blockquote>

LOL. Bowel. I've upheaved mine here a couple of times. I noticed they closed their doors for the first time yesterday too.

Who'd guess that placing the hot plate out front like a demonstration kitchen, and having some guy in a hairnet dump a gelatinous concoction from a plastic container in pot and stir it like a paint can with some pasta in it would be a bad idea?</blockquote>

LOL... must have been a subconscious slip...!

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1255583136]was really looking forward to a milk-tea with coffee jelly at cefiore at DJ today, but they are closed... looks like the first retail causality at DJ...</blockquote>

I got an email this morning from DJ, saying that Cefiore will be replaced by Lollicup, with the same owners and management as Cefiore.

Also, Bistro West at The District is gone. They had a pretty good happy hour and tons of discounts in their main dining room...the food and service was pretty good, I'll miss them.

The wife and I liked Cefiore...it probably had the best tasting yogurt for a reasonable price. However, the owner(s) seemed like a tightwad/mean boss. Did not care for the employees coming out to give the customers samples and they never smiled. The "help wanted" ad had a huge list of job requirements that was completely unnecessary for a minimal wage job.

Back