Retail closures in Irvine

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243766463][quote author="jumpcut" date=1243760979]Fatburger, Trabuco Grove - CLOSED</blockquote>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, the couple of times I went there almost I was the only customer inside. I'm wondering if the Fat Burger in Park Place will close too.</blockquote>

Cr@p! I didn't use their coupon. It's still in my wallet. I guess, I'll have to toss it out now. Hey, have you guys notice the price reduction at the Albertson's?

[quote author="reason" date=1243857789][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243766463][quote author="jumpcut" date=1243760979]Fatburger, Trabuco Grove - CLOSED</blockquote>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, the couple of times I went there almost I was the only customer inside. I'm wondering if the Fat Burger in Park Place will close too.</blockquote>

Cr@p! I didn't use their coupon. It's still in my wallet. I guess, I'll have to toss it out now. Hey, have you guys notice the price reduction at the Albertson's?</blockquote>
Price reduction of what? I do my grocery shopping at Albertsons.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243861182][quote author="reason" date=1243857789]

Cr@p! I didn't use their coupon. It's still in my wallet. I guess, I'll have to toss it out now. Hey, have you guys notice the price reduction at the Albertson's?</blockquote>
Price reduction of what? I do my grocery shopping at Albertsons.</blockquote>
Some "Big Relief" promotion where they lowered prices on about 5000 items.

I was in the one at QH last night and you can see the signs everywhere... I saved about $25 on my groceries last night.

But we'll never know if they really just raised their existing prices and then discounted... hehe.

Some of the prices seemed lower to me...yesterday I was at the Campus Albertsons and scored some shredded cheese for about $1.87. Usually I pay around $2.50 for the same item when it's on sale.

The bakery that replaced Dan's Donuts (an old school donut store from years ago) has closed at the Northwood Town Center.

The Juice It Up (I think it was JIU) at the Irvine Marketplace has been replaced by a Yogurt Land, Enzo Noodles has been replaced by a Noodles and Dumplings place (or renamed/rebranded). The hot dog place that replaced the closed Pasta Bravo has opened.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1243906671]

The Juice It Up (I think it was JIU) at the Irvine Marketplace has been replaced by a Yogurt Land, Enzo Noodles has been replaced by a Noodles and Dumplings place (or renamed/rebranded). </blockquote>

I went there last night for dinner and noticed that Yogurt Land and Dumpling place for the first time. I was going to order from the Noodle & Dumpling place but had no idea what they served. The menu is in Korean (I think) and English but I think the English words must be very much an abridged version of what's in Korean. For example, I think one item was "beef noodle". What does that mean? The menu also had no pictures. I ended up just leaving and going somewhere else but it's too bad because it would be nice to try if I could figure out how or what to order.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1243911664][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1243906671]

The Juice It Up (I think it was JIU) at the Irvine Marketplace has been replaced by a Yogurt Land, Enzo Noodles has been replaced by a Noodles and Dumplings place (or renamed/rebranded). </blockquote>

I went there last night for dinner and noticed that Yogurt Land and Dumpling place for the first time. I was going to order from the Noodle & Dumpling place but had no idea what they served. The menu is in Korean (I think) and English but I think the English words must be very much an abridged version of what's in Korean. For example, I think one item was "beef noodle". What does that mean? The menu also had no pictures. I ended up just leaving and going somewhere else but it's too bad because it would be nice to try if I could figure out how or what to order.</blockquote>

Dumpling & Noodle House is new, I believe (not a rebrand). Their dumplings are good-my favorite is their fried dumplings. If you like kimchi, their kimchi dumplings are also very good. The Volcano + ramen (Korean Duk Bok Gi, rice dumplings in sweet/spicy red sauce) is pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the dish in general. Don't order one just for yourself because it's meant to be shared.

[quote author="ohnelly" date=1243905523]Some of the prices seemed lower to me...yesterday I was at the Campus Albertsons and scored some shredded cheese for about $1.87. Usually I pay around $2.50 for the same item when it's on sale.</blockquote>

Yeah, like the Dreyer's ice cream. Normally, it's $4.99 and now it's $2.99.

[quote author="reason" date=1243943789][quote author="ohnelly" date=1243905523]Some of the prices seemed lower to me...yesterday I was at the Campus Albertsons and scored some shredded cheese for about $1.87. Usually I pay around $2.50 for the same item when it's on sale.</blockquote>

Yeah, like the Dreyer's ice cream. Normally, it's $4.99 and now it's $2.99.</blockquote>
I'm stocking up!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author="reason" date=1243944086]As a matter of fact, I just finished one container. hahaha!</blockquote>
Bastid! If my favorite flavors are sold out, I'll know exactly who is to blame.

USC

Personally burned out on the Quail Hill Albertsons. OVERPRICED and understaffed.

Always seem to be out of something as well. Been going over to the Ralphs on Alton.

Seems way better priced and much larger selections. And I DONT have to play checkout

myself when the line is too long.

Add another QH casualty - Kinecta Federal Credit Union.

Just received a letter today stating that branch will no longer be open as of July 27th, 2009. (This implies July 25th will be the last day of business at that location.) The ATMs go away sometime in August.

The tumbleweeds for the center can't be far behind now.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243946525][quote author="reason" date=1243944086]As a matter of fact, I just finished one container. hahaha!</blockquote>
Bastid! If my favorite flavors are sold out, I'll know exactly who is to blame.</blockquote>

Hahaha! You don't have to worry about it. I quit the ice cream. After eating so much late in the night, I woke up in a sweat. Must be too much sugar for my system. Going healthy with plain yogurt. :)

[quote author="Mr. Yuk" date=1244555526]Add another QH casualty - Kinecta Federal Credit Union.

Just received a letter today stating that branch will no longer be open as of July 27th, 2009. (This implies July 25th will be the last day of business at that location.) The ATMs go away sometime in August.

The tumbleweeds for the center can't be far behind now.</blockquote>
When are those two restaurants around Kinecta closing? I NEVER see many people over there. I thought Dogma was the next one on the chopping block.

We've actually started eating at Crystal Jade (the chinese restaraunt) semi-regularly... there are always people there whenever we go and that could range from weekday evenings to weekends... on Sundays it gets pretty crowded because they have a dim sum brunch.

Never been to Lucca... they look a bit expensive and not sure how family friendly they are. We will probably go there one of these days.

I was in Thai Bamboo last night getting take-out and it was one of the few times there was no one there.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1244593235]We've actually started eating at Crystal Jade (the chinese restaraunt) semi-regularly... there are always people there whenever we go and that could range from weekday evenings to weekends... on Sundays it gets pretty crowded because they have a dim sum brunch.

Never been to Lucca... they look a bit expensive and not sure how family friendly they are. We will probably go there one of these days.

I was in Thai Bamboo last night getting take-out and it was one of the few times there was no one there.</blockquote>
How good is the food at Crystal Jade? I never been there. I might get flamed for this but I prefer Thai Spice to Thai Bamboo.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1244597128][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1244593235]We've actually started eating at Crystal Jade (the chinese restaraunt) semi-regularly... there are always people there whenever we go and that could range from weekday evenings to weekends... on Sundays it gets pretty crowded because they have a dim sum brunch.

I was in Thai Bamboo last night getting take-out and it was one of the few times there was no one there.</blockquote>
How good is the food at Crystal Jade? I never been there. I might get flamed for this but I prefer Thai Spice to Thai Bamboo.</blockquote>

Crystal Jade is good. I come from a city with a large Asian population and it is my favorite Chinese restaurant around here. They even have a crab tank.

At Jade, they have the regular menu that most Americans are used to (Sweet & Sour [xxx], Broccoli Beef, Kung Pao Chicken) and then in the back of the menu they have the more "authentic" dishes.

The garlic crispy chicken is excellent. The lunch prices are reasonable too.

Thai Spice is good also... but it's more like takeout where Bamboo is more sit-down.

Are there any other centers in Irvine other than Quail Hill and Crossroads that have a large number of closures?

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1244599083]At Jade, they have the regular menu that most Americans are used to (Sweet & Sour [xxx], Broccoli Beef, Kung Pao Chicken) and then in the back of the menu they have the more "authentic" dishes.

The garlic crispy chicken is excellent. The lunch prices are reasonable too.

Thai Spice is good also... but it's more like takeout where Bamboo is more sit-down.

Are there any other centers in Irvine other than Quail Hill and Crossroads that have a large number of closures?</blockquote>
The shopping off Culver and Barranca has had some recent store closings, including Mervyns.

Back