Restaurant complaints thread

My favorite item at El Cholo is the Chile Relleno made with an Anaheim pepper instead of the standard poblano. Also, as others have stated ask for the special hot salsa instead of the standard.

[quote author="tmare" date=1236671522][quote author="momopi" date=1236643867]I like their green tamales but last time when I went there to get a burrito, it was mostly beans with a tiny bit of meat. Had to call the waiter to send it back. =/</blockquote>

I think we're a bit off topic with the Mexican food hi-jack, but anyway, if anyone wants great burritos (more meat than anything else), try Taqueria de Anda on Tustin Ave. in Orange (not sure of the cross street). The carnitas burritos are the best.</blockquote>

It's Walnut and Tustin, in the old converted Burger King building.

The <em>"Colonel's Buttery Spread"</em> does not melt on hot corn on the cob from KFC. Imagine what that must look like in one's arteries.

[quote author="momopi" date=1236564832]Champagne French Bakery

Great looking pastries, but the breakfast was substandard. My crape had a weird sour taste to it, they said it was the goat cheese but I still think it tasted like spoiled veggies. For a "French Bakery", the French bread roll was day old and soggy.</blockquote>
Which one did you got to? I've had decent meals at the Woodbridge one (although I think this is the one you are referring to).

They recently got rid of their Caesar salad... which sucks because I'm not really into "field greens" type salads. I prefer my salad to not look like the stuff growing in our greenbelt.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1237600690][quote author="momopi" date=1236564832]Champagne French Bakery

Great looking pastries, but the breakfast was substandard. My crape had a weird sour taste to it, they said it was the goat cheese but I still think it tasted like spoiled veggies. For a "French Bakery", the French bread roll was day old and soggy.</blockquote>
Which one did you got to? I've had decent meals at the Woodbridge one (although I think this is the one you are referring to).

They recently got rid of their Caesar salad... which sucks because I'm not really into "field greens" type salads. I prefer my salad to not look like the stuff growing in our greenbelt.</blockquote>

Oh, that is too funny! I thought I was the only one who thought this type of salad looked like a weed patch!

The Carl's Jr. and El Pollo Loco at Woodbury Town Center (WTC) are no good. First, believe it or not. I have never eaten at another Carl's Jr. before so I had no way of making comparison. At any rate, I have been eating "lukewarm" burgers and "semi-cold" breakfast burritos for the last year at the WTC Carl's Jr. And I'd thought this is the way they serve their food. That is until I went to another Carl's Jr. at Michelson/Culver the other day. The food at this location was steaming hot! Never will I go back to the freaking WTC Carl's Jr. Those lousy bast@rds!

As for the WTC El Pollo Loco, often times the darn chicken are not fully cooked. You can taste the yucky soggy skin. I really like their other franchise at the Tustin Market Place. The chicken there are always hot and well cooked. Furthermore, the Tustin Market Place location are very customer service oriented. Whenever I called them about a wrong order I'd received at the drive-thru. The manager would always say, "Please come back when you can and we'll give you another order free." You can forget about it at the WTC locale. They could careless.

McDonald's: I like their coffee. But for some reason, the McDonald's on Culver/Irvine Blvd. always serve the coffee very bland.

Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.

[quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

I'd recommend <strong><a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-thai-cuisine-san-diego">Royal Thai</a></strong> next time you're down there. Not the best Thai food, but easily the best fare you'll find on 5th.

Kang Quah, FTW.

-IR2

[quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

On that note: I must add La Salsa on the corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey. First time I had one of their burritos. Within minutes, I had a really bad stomach ache. To be fair, it could have been other food I'd that day. But on my next visit, I went in with an empty stomach. I had no other food. Again, right after eating the burrito. I had a big stomach ache followed by diarrhea. I can only suspect it's the cold veggie wrapped in the burritos. Not going there for a 3rd experiment.

[quote author="reason" date=1245066453][quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

On that note: I must add La Salsa on the corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey. First time I had one of their burritos. Within minutes, I had a really bad stomach ache. To be fair, it could have been other food I'd that day. But on my next visit, I went in with an empty stomach. I had no other food. Again, right after eating the burrito. I had a big stomach ache followed by diarrhea. I can only suspect it's the cold veggie wrapped in the burritos. Not going there for a 3rd experiment.</blockquote>
Great...and I got from La Salsa coupons in the mail. I was going to try the Irvine Center Drive location off the 405 by the 24 Hour Fitness. What burrito/s did you have?

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073629][quote author="reason" date=1245066453][quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

On that note: I must add La Salsa on the corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey. First time I had one of their burritos. Within minutes, I had a really bad stomach ache. To be fair, it could have been other food I'd that day. But on my next visit, I went in with an empty stomach. I had no other food. Again, right after eating the burrito. I had a big stomach ache followed by diarrhea. I can only suspect it's the cold veggie wrapped in the burritos. Not going there for a 3rd experiment.</blockquote>
Great...and I got from La Salsa coupons in the mail. I was going to try the Irvine Center Drive location off the 405 by the 24 Hour Fitness. What burrito/s did you have?</blockquote>

Hahaha! You received those coupons too? That's the only reason why I tried La Salsa. I don't remember the name of the burritos but my recollection was that it was a beef burrito. I seriously think that the cold veggie mixed with the warm meat did the trick.

You know what I have notice? The more coupons I receive thru the mail. The more I eat out. Instead of saving, I am actually spending more. Those marketing basT@rds!

[quote author="reason" date=1245074691][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073629][quote author="reason" date=1245066453][quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

Great...and I got from La Salsa coupons in the mail. I was going to try the Irvine Center Drive location off the 405 by the 24 Hour Fitness. What burrito/s did you have?</blockquote>

Hahaha! You received those coupons too? That's the only reason why I tried La Salsa. I don't remember the name of the burritos but my recollection was that it was a beef burrito. I seriously think that the cold veggie mixed with the warm meat did the trick.

You know what I have notice? The more coupons I receive thru the mail. The more I eat out. Instead of saving, I am actually spending more. Those marketing basT@rds!</blockquote>
Ok, I'll make sure I get a burrito with no veggies (not a big fan of them anyhow) and I'll stick to a chicken burrito. Yeah, I got like 3 of those coupons and figure if they are trying this hard I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try them out. I also got a few El Pollo Loco coupons too which I eat at on a regular basis so they came in handy. I also go a few McDonalds coupons and I was brainwashed to try one of those Angus burgers...it was greasy but oh so tasty.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245074994][quote author="reason" date=1245074691][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073629][quote author="reason" date=1245066453][quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

You know what I have notice? The more coupons I receive thru the mail. The more I eat out. Instead of saving, I am actually spending more. Those marketing basT@rds!</blockquote>
Ok, I'll make sure I get a burrito with no veggies (not a big fan of them anyhow) and I'll stick to a chicken burrito. Yeah, I got like 3 of those coupons and figure if they are trying this hard I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try them out. I also got a few El Pollo Loco coupons too which I eat at on a regular basis so they came in handy. I also go a few McDonalds coupons and I was brainwashed to try one of those Angus burgers...it was greasy but oh so tasty.</blockquote>

Yeah, as of late, I have been using coupons. Boy do they save me alot of money. Oh, speaking of El Pollo. They only allow you to use 1 coupon per visit. So what I did was I would order in the restaurant. Then jump in my car and use the 2nd coupon via the drive thru. Hahaha!

[quote author="reason" date=1245075385][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245074994][quote author="reason" date=1245074691][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073629][quote author="reason" date=1245066453][quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

Ok, I'll make sure I get a burrito with no veggies (not a big fan of them anyhow) and I'll stick to a chicken burrito. Yeah, I got like 3 of those coupons and figure if they are trying this hard I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try them out. I also got a few El Pollo Loco coupons too which I eat at on a regular basis so they came in handy. I also go a few McDonalds coupons and I was brainwashed to try one of those Angus burgers...it was greasy but oh so tasty.</blockquote>

Yeah, as of late, I have been using coupons. Boy do they save me alot of money. Oh, speaking of El Pollo. They only allow you to use 1 coupon per visit. So what I did was I would order in the restaurant. Then jump in my car and use the 2nd coupon via the drive thru. Hahaha!</blockquote>
Haha...nice way of working the system. I get good at the off Alton and Jeffery on my way home. A lot of times the drive-thru line takes longer to get your food then if I were to go inside to order my food.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245075953][quote author="reason" date=1245075385][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245074994][quote author="reason" date=1245074691][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073629][quote author="reason" date=1245066453][quote author="irvine_grad" date=1243900276]Went to La Fiesta in Gas Lamp District (SD) last Wednesday. Horrible experience. Three of us had mild food poisoning afterwards (ordered 2 different dishes). Never again.</blockquote>

Yeah, as of late, I have been using coupons. Boy do they save me alot of money. Oh, speaking of El Pollo. They only allow you to use 1 coupon per visit. So what I did was I would order in the restaurant. Then jump in my car and use the 2nd coupon via the drive thru. Hahaha!</blockquote>
Haha...nice way of working the system. I get good at the off Alton and Jeffery on my way home. A lot of times the drive-thru line takes longer to get your food then if I were to go inside to order my food.</blockquote>

I think they need to define what constitute a "visit" on these coupons. I mean if the customer order his food. How long must he wait to come back to use another coupon? The next day? or the next 5 minutes? :)

Hey, I have to wake up early. You have a good night now, you hear?

Add Shore House by the Balboa Pier.

I have seen them in every beach city and never gone. This weekend we were down in Balboa and decided to give it a try.

When you go in it still smells like smoke. I don't know if they are one of the places that allows smoking still or if it still smells that way either way it smelled.

We ordered a burger and fries. The fries looked like they were cooked in cool oil two days ago. They tasted like it too.

When I told the waitress the fries were bad she looked confused. So I asked if the fries alwasy came out like this. She said Yep. So I got onion rings instead.

Besides that the bun on the burger was soggy and when she ran my credit card she did it for over twice the amount.

Then my stomach and my wifes stomach were upset. I have a steel stomach it takes a lot to get my stomach upset they were able to.

BJs in Tustin Market place. I ordered online to be picked up at Lakers half time yesterday. I miss-timed it and arrived 10 minutes before my allotted time. It only took them a few minutes to pack-up the food and have it available. I took the food home but when I opened it up it was soggy and almost cold. The pizza must have been ready and waiting for 15 minutes before I even arrived. If I had turned up at the correct time the pizza would have been completely uneatable.

I guess I learnt my lesson not to order food in advance

Back