Protest, Riot, Curfew

Surprised the mayor can only afford a condo.  She needs to move to Laguna Altura or Altair behind the gates.

Protests are a genuine call to end police brutality.

The riots seem to be fanned by economics as well as intentional anarchy. Keeping low wage and gig employed people off the job for 120 days (or more), give them stimulus and unemployment pay and not much else and what can be expected?

Had George Floyd not been murdered and sparking these protests, I have long been convinced we would see some kind of protests and violence in July and August due to the collapse of people's personal economy.

My .02c

It's sad because I was encouraged to see society unite to fight this pandemic which made it seem that together, we can make a difference... but then the lockdown/qwerty protests and now this.

Just got an email Irvine Company shopping centers are closing all business today at 5pm due to potential protesting and riots tonight. 

Guess I?ll have to buy dinner in Foothill Ranch.  Time to move to RSM perhaps haha.

That's a bunch of bullshit! Covid or not, these looters would still do the same thing. The majority of Americans are peaceful and law abiding despite the economic meltdown, while these pieces of shit would run their grandma over to get a free pair of Adidas. Too bad there aren't more armed business owners and private security to put an end to this silliness.

Kings said:
Happiness said:
eyephone said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
I've always believed that the economic and psychological damage caused by the lockdowns would greatly increase the threat of massive civil unrest. Note that most of the protesters are not black. The video of Floyd being murdered is the last thing a population traumatized by the lockdown and gripped by fear needs to see.

So you are saying if there were no lockdowns none of this would happen?

Or are you just trying to politicize this too?

Stack enough TNT in your house, and you make yourself much more susceptible to the danger of a random spark.

Oh he just made a threat. Alert police agencies!

*sigh*
TNT = Lockdown
Spark = George Floyd murder

0EjPIny.jpg

aquabliss said:
Just got an email Irvine Company shopping centers are closing all business today at 5pm due to potential protesting and riots tonight. 

Guess I?ll have to buy dinner in Foothill Ranch.  Time to move to RSM perhaps haha.

Friendly message that stores are closing.

Max ROI > emotional feelings

Looking at what's going on in LA and Santa Monica--closing your business will not make a difference in terms of stopping looters. Unless you have armed guards or some form of a security gate/reinforced glass, they will simply shatter the glass and take whatever they want.

eyephone said:
aquabliss said:

Unless you are a Korean own business or have the Korean security. Lol
Do you remember last time during the LA riots? Armed Korean people on top of the business. (protecting their business from looters)

iacrenter said:
Looking at what's going on in LA and Santa Monica--closing your business will not make a difference in terms of stopping looters. Unless you have armed guards or some form of a security gate/reinforced glass, they will simply shatter the glass and take whatever they want.

eyephone said:
aquabliss said:

And the equation changes. On CBS News interviewed someone that came from Cleveland to protest in LA that was detained by the cops.

So people are coming from across the US to LA to protest.

The protesters have steered clear of K-Town.  There were some concerns from Vietnamese shop owners in OC last night, couple guys stationed themselves on the rooftop to keep an eye out.  But no confrontations.  They ended up taking selfies to pass the time.  You'll probably see the photos float around with internet meme's in near future.

Interview with LA Sheriff Alexander Villanueva (CBS News)
People that are arrested are coming from other areas: counties and states [paraphrasing]

Local leaders across the country have the same fantasy? all the agitators and looters are outsiders. ?Our own residents would never do that?

CNN reported most of the Minnesota arrests were of state residents. Same thing with LA. These are mostly local thugs.

eyephone said:
Interview with LA Sheriff Alexander Villanueva (CBS News)
People that are arrested are coming from other areas: counties and states [paraphrasing]

So at what point is the police allowed to get heavy handed To end the looting. If they continue to just let the looting happen, given how many people are unemployed, it may just continue to go on for days or weeks.

Does the military go out in full force at some point?

With all this craziness going on I?m getting tempted to go call cash in the brokerage and retirement accounts and sit on the sidelines until after the elections.

Family friend in Costa Mesa says the word on the street is that there may be protests planned in the South Coast Plaza area.

We will see.

Expect a fire sale tonight.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Family friend in Costa Mesa says the word on the street is that there may be protests planned in the South Coast Plaza area.

We will see.

Back