Protest, Riot, Curfew

eyephone said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
I've always believed that the economic and psychological damage caused by the lockdowns would greatly increase the threat of massive civil unrest. Note that most of the protesters are not black. The video of Floyd being murdered is the last thing a population traumatized by the lockdown and gripped by fear needs to see.

So you are saying if there were no lockdowns none of this would happen?

Or are you just trying to politicize this too?

Stack enough TNT in your house, and you make yourself much more susceptible to the danger of a random spark.

Oh he just made a threat. Alert police agencies!

*sigh*
TNT = Lockdown
Spark = George Floyd murder

eyephone said:

Kings said:
will we see #justiceforpatrick protests and riots today?  doubtful.

Family identifies federal officer shot, killed in connection with George Floyd protest in Oakland

The family and friends of the Federal Protective Service officer who was shot and killed at the Federal Building in Oakland Friday night have confirmed his identity to ABC7 I-Team's Dan Noyes. The victim is 53-year-old Patrick Underwood of Pinole, Calif.

According to the 53-year-old's loved ones, he worked for the same company that has a contract with the Department of Homeland Security for nine years. His sister, Angela Underwood Jacobs, confirmed Underwood died on Friday night. Angela Jacobs posted on her Facebook page saying,"My brother, Dave Patrick Underwood, a federal officer, was murdered 5/29/20 in Oakland California, while on duty during the riots. This Violence Must Stop."

https://abc7news.com/george-floyd-protest-oakland-federal-officer-killed-patrick-underwood-in/6221576/

sounds about right.  black lives only matter *selectively*

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
I've always believed that the economic and psychological damage caused by the lockdowns would greatly increase the threat of massive civil unrest. Note that most of the protesters are not black. The video of Floyd being murdered is the last thing a population traumatized by the lockdown and gripped by fear needs to see.

Stack enough TNT in your house, and you make yourself much more susceptible to the danger of a random spark.

So it?s Trump?s fault for supporting anti-lockdown protestors?

Happiness said:
eyephone said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

*sigh*
TNT = Lockdown

0EjPIny.jpg

Kings said:
Happiness said:
eyephone said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

*sigh*
TNT = Lockdown

0EjPIny.jpg

Conspiracy theory?

Now do flat earth!

I've been wondering if any flat earthers watched the NASA SpaceX Crew Dragon launch broadcast and what their thoughts were when they showed earth in all its round glory.

Kings said:
Happiness said:
eyephone said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

*sigh*
TNT = Lockdown

0EjPIny.jpg

About sums it up, but I don't think the last step was on purpose.

So about the masks. I really think down the road we're going to find some "issues" with those things. They provide a nice warm moist environment for bacteria to grow. I doubt that most people will wear fabric masks that they wash after one use and the disposable are supposed to be one time use. I see lots of people either wearing them below their noses (apparently aren't really aware or don't care they are supposed to be covering their noses) or under their chin, pulling them up over their face when they enter buildings (contaminating their hands with whatever is on the outside of the mask).

Never mind they are being used incorrectly, is it really a good idea to breathe into a paper bag for hours? Is it a good idea to have that warm moist environment (ie petri dish) right up against your nose?

But hey, feel free to go to work or send your kids to school and wear those things all day long for days or weeks or more. See what happens.

Kenkoko said:
Conspiracy theory?

Now do flat earth!

I've been wondering if any flat earthers watched the NASA SpaceX Crew Dragon launch broadcast and what their thoughts were when they showed earth in all its round glory.

whether you believe this was all planned from the beginning or not, all of those items occurred and the result is an explosion like you're seeing play out live. 

i'm a little disappointed the open the beach protesters didn't burn down public buildings and loot private businesses.  they need to do better!

Ready2Downsize said:
Kings said:
Happiness said:
eyephone said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

*sigh*
TNT = Lockdown

0EjPIny.jpg

About sums it up, but I think it started out with good intentions.

But early in when trump was saying we need to open up, he mentioned increased mental health issues and suicides and at first I thought what kind of thing is THAT to say till I thought about it and said, yeah we will have mental issues with this.

So about the masks. I really think down the road we're going to find some "issues" with those things. They provide a nice warm moist environment for bacteria to grow. I doubt that most people will wear fabric masks that they wash after one use and the disposable are supposed to be one time use. I see lots of people either wearing them below their noses (apparently aren't really aware or don't care they are supposed to be covering their noses) or under their chin, pulling them up over their face when they enter buildings (contaminating their hands with whatever is on the outside of the mask).

Never mind they are being used incorrectly, is it really a good idea to breathe into a paper bag for hours? Is it a good idea to have that warm moist environment (ie petri dish) right up against your nose?

But hey, feel free to go to work or send your kids to school and wear those things all day long for days or weeks or more. See what happens. Maybe nothing. After all the EPA reassured people in NY after 911 the air was safe.

Kings said:
Kenkoko said:
Conspiracy theory?

Now do flat earth!

whether you believe this was all planned from the beginning or not, all of those items occurred and the result is an explosion like you're seeing play out live. 

i'm a little disappointed the open the beach protesters didn't burn down public buildings and loot private businesses.  they need to do better!

But how come they didn?t protest in Naples Florida? When the beaches were closed. I will tell you why. It is okay since it is a GOP Governor, but if it is a Democratic Governor it is okay to protest.  A total double standard!

Kings said:

This alternative narrative (or the popular ?outside agitators? narrative) are really for people who finds it more comfortable to believe in some grand conspiracy than in the obvious truth that people have fucking had it.

Trying to stay non-partisan here but these riots are bad for both parties... if you think that you can blame it on one or the other... that's short sighted... this is an "us" problem.

Ready2Downsize said:

But hey, feel free to go to work or send your kids to school and wear those things all day long for days or weeks or more. See what happens.

Not really on topic for this thread and I asked you this before... but why do you make masks if you don't think they are useful? Kind of contradictory.

irvinehomeowner said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Not really on topic for this thread and I asked you this before... but why do you make masks if you don't think they are useful? Kind of contradictory.

One good thing about all the masks is it provides employment for all the workers who have to pick up the used masks discarded all over the place by mask wearers. :)

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Ready2Downsize said:

One good thing about all the masks is it provides employment for all the workers who have to pick up the used masks discarded all over the place by mask wearers. :)

But Rich Mitch says to wear masks a contradiction to Trump.

irvinehomeowner said:
Trying to stay non-partisan here but these riots are bad for both parties... if you think that you can blame it on one or the other... that's short sighted... this is an "us" problem.

But you and I are not the president. It goes to show time and time and again. He does not know what he is doing.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

But you and I are not the president. It goes to show time and time and again. He does not know what he is doing.

Sure. But no president by themselves will fix police brutality, racism, stupidity or excessive violence... this requires everyone to work together.

It's not as easy as with a pandemic where we can get most people to unite in doing things to prevent more deaths.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Sure. But no president by themselves will fix police brutality, racism, stupidity or excessive violence... this requires everyone to work together.

It's not as easy as with a pandemic where we can get most people to unite in doing things to prevent more deaths.

But most presidents do no have repetitive gaslighting behavior. (Lies after lies)
It does not help when the leader of the country does not say anything constructive. Someone needs to tell him that people roll their eyes when he talks or tweets. Sorry people are fed up!

Huntington Beach protest unlawful assembly declared (cbs news)

(I see white/latino people with signs and hands up) Small group compared to LA

Back