Portola Springs new home sites

Looks like TayMo is using TIC marketing for Quinterra, the subject line of their email:
A new home for you. Top-Rated schools for your children

They should have just embedded this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtSbedMeF6s[/youtube]

OMG. Iho, you were an NKOTB fan, too?? My favorite was Jordan Knight.

A Talk Irvine T.M.I. moment: I had a life-sized poster of him on my bedroom wall that I made out with:)

SoCal said:
OMG. Iho, you were an NKOTB fan, too?? My favorite was Jordan Knight.
Me too.
A Talk Irvine T.M.I. moment: I had a life-sized poster of him on my bedroom wall that I made out with:)
I'm not sure but I think I went to a NKOTB concert (took a boy-band crazy relative)... I'll revoke my own Man Card now.

Looking at the Colibri floorplans, the Plan 2 is decent.

Too bad they didn't build these in Cypress Village instead of Magnolia.

Does anyone know the quality of Ryland homes? I'm liking the plan 2. The downstairs great room dimensions look a bit small though but having the loft makes up for it.

irvinemonkey said:
Does anyone know the quality of Ryland homes? I'm liking the plan 2. The downstairs great room dimensions look a bit small though but having the loft makes up for it.

The plan looks nice.

irvinemonkey said:

If you like it, you should prequal with them.

Looking at the floor plans for Colibri I have noticed something strange. In all the master bathrooms it looks like the bath tub and the shower are shoved right next to each other. From the schematic it looks like there is a entry door into the shower and the bath tub entry is either through the shower or along the short side of the bath tub. This configuration seems a bit odd to me. Anyone have any insights or opinion on this configuration?

To me it looks like you access the tub through the shower.
http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new...ri-plan-2.html#floorplan-interactiveFloorPlan

irvinemonkey said:
Looking at the floor plans for Colibri I have noticed something strange. In all the master bathrooms it looks like the bath tub and the shower are shoved right next to each other. From the schematic it looks like there is a entry door into the shower and the bath tub entry is either through the shower or along the short side of the bath tub. This configuration seems a bit odd to me. Anyone have any insights or opinion on this configuration?

To me it looks like you access the tub through the shower.
http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new...ri-plan-2.html#floorplan-interactiveFloorPlan

For most master bathrooms, the tub is next to the shower. So I'm looking at the interactive floor plan, and I don't see that you have to access the shower to get to the tub. I see a door for the shower, and I see dotted lines by the tub to indicate its elevated. I assume there will be tiles around 3 feet high in front of the tub.

I guess you will have to wait to see the model home to see the master bath. By that time they might be sold out of the first phase. As they are doing prequal already for that community. Who knows they might already have been selling. I'm not interested in the PS area....

If what you see is correct then you enter the bath tub from the short side? Seems strange to me. That configuration does not seem that practical.

Back