Portola Springs new home sites

Fire blade said:
is there any pricing information for these?
Just got their email:

2,764 - 3,231 Sq. Ft.
4 Bedrooms and
up to 3.5 Baths

Anticipated in the high $900s...

The Wait is Almost Over
Coming this summer to Portola Springs is an intimate enclave of luxurious residences. Quinterra will feature detached single-family homes showcasing stunning open floor plans with up to 4 bedrooms and up to 3.5 baths. The architectural style of Quinterra will feature Santa Barbara and Monterey characteristics and include the finest amenities such as guest quarters, gourmet kitchens and spacious master suites. Students of Quinterra will be a part of the widely recognized Irvine Unified School District, and residents are in close proximity to an abundance of shopping, dining and entertainment destinations. Quinterra embodies the best of Southern California living.

More updates from their website...

www.liveatquinterra.com

Plan 1

Plan 2

Plan 3

At this sq ft and price point, I would expect a minimum of 5 bedrooms if not 6... This will hurt this community..

i think in this case, the great rooms with attached dining rooms may be a tad overkill, too much open space. i would put up a wall to frame in the dining room and add french doors, especially if you added the conservatory to the first floor of the plan 1, add the loft upstairs to the plan 1 and you have a pretty efficient floor plan.

Plan 1 downstairs needs a half bath for guests. 2nd floor should have done individual baths in each bedroom

Plan 2, i would enclose the dining room with a wall and french doors. upstairs should have done a bathroom in each bedroom.

Plan 3, downstairs is pretty ideal, reminds of where i live  :)  second floor, they should have given the secondary bedrooms their own baths.

overall, i can appreciate how they are trying to give you more designated living space downstairs with the addition of the dining room, but i think in plans 1/2 by leaving it open with the great room, without seeing this modeled out, it could be too much open space.

overall though, plan 3 is my favorite. got to give them credit for building normal homes on what appear to be pretty decent lots. how said is that, that a builder gets credit for building normal homes.

I agree with qwerter... should have made the dining room more of a flex room.

I also like Plan 1... but I do like that Plans 2 and 3 have two downstairs toilets and extra storage space under the stairs.

I like that all the plans have private master showers, loft options and upstairs laundry. I looks like Plan 2 (and maybe 3) can have an 5th bedroom instead of the loft.

Too bad only Plan 1 has the vanity in the master.

I don't like the galley-like kitchen of Plan 3.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't like the galley-like kitchen of Plan 3.

yeah, if the house had a wider foot print vs a narrow one, the could have rotated the island to face the great room.

Unusual for me, I like plan 1 best, then plan 2, and finally plan 3. It's unusual because I generally prefer larger floorplans. What really turns me off on plan 3 is the kitchen layout within the house. Plan 1 would be ideal if (1) it had a powder room downstairs, and (2) they got rid of never-used balcony space upstairs and gave each bedroom its own bathroom. I'd definitely do the conservatory option, almost regardless of the price (within reason).

With plan 3, I've never understood the layout of the laundry room upstairs. Why have an area (linen in the floorplan) that you go into before you go into the laundry room? Just have a larger laundry room!

Given the bubbliciousness of late I'm guessing it'll be mid $600s with the standard HOA and $5k/yr MR

shadax said:
Given the bubbliciousness of late I'm guessing it'll be mid $600s with the standard HOA and $5k/yr MR

Not sure I understand your post... why guessing? Taylor Morrison says these homes will start in the $900,000s. Or am I missing something completely?

NYT said:
shadax said:

Not sure I understand your post... why guessing? Taylor Morrison says these homes will start in the $900,000s. Or am I missing something completely?

sorry yeah I know. I was referring to Colibri from Ryland.  They are 1800-2200 sqft motor(cali? :p)court homes.

Looks like there will be some one sided motor courts in this community with lots, 4,5,6,15,16, 26,27,28,32,31.  Builders love craming all the housing they can into the land instead of actually providing some space between neighbors

It looks like they really crammed as much as possible in there. As previous posters have said-  Plan 3's in the center of Colibri will be be like 20' or less from 8 different homes :p

Plan 1: You almost have to do the optional loft and make the dining room "one floor" only for this price.
Plan 2: Don't like how Bedroom 2 shares a wall with the master bedroom.  I like as much separation from the kiddos as possible.
Plan 3: Don't like the jack and jill execution in the secondary bedrooms.  Too many doors and makes the bathroom feel cramped.  Also, I assume these will be in the $1million+ range... should have individual baths for these bedrooms.

I might be interested in Colibri if I can get the one of the ones on the end of the street that's not situated in a motorcort.  Of course I'll probably have to pay $80k premium or something crazy for those, but the wife and I both like the Plan 2.  I called the sales office but no preliminary pricing or information yet.  USC, any remote chance of a broker co-op on these?  Probably not in this market.

Back