Portola Springs new home sites

Geesh... Irvine buyers are so picky :)

Just noticed the garage will have access to the minuscule yard?  Isn't that pretty rare for a motorcourt?  Could be good for pets or a pseudo dog wash access..

I haven't been there.  Are the main streets wide enough that they are allowing parking or not.  Looks like they have essentially two car spots in front of your garage as a 'driveway' off the motorcourt.  I wonder if the main street also has room for parking or if it's posted as limited time parking.

ps9 said:
Ryland_zpsd8537b93.jpg

Looking at the village map again.. 6 homes on the south end will have driveways to an actual street instead of a motorcourt.. some choice lots on the northern borders with usable yards.. homes in the middle (especially at the end of the 3 deep motorcourt) will be surround by 8 homes!  yikes..

Good Golly Miss Molly!!! That is packed in. Tell me - - if one house catches on fire, what will stop it from burning up the whole complex???

SoCal said:
ps9 said:
Looking at the village map again.. 6 homes on the south end will have driveways to an actual street instead of a motorcourt.. some choice lots on the northern borders with usable yards.. homes in the middle (especially at the end of the 3 deep motorcourt) will be surround by 8 homes!  yikes..

Good Golly Miss Molly!!! That is packed in. Tell me - - if one house catches on fire, what will stop it from burning up the whole complex???

SoCal,

As a long time poster, I'd thought you know by now. There is no worry of conflagration in Irvine because all the homes are made of gold.  8)

conflagration, i like that.  not sure if house fire gets hot enough, but gold does melt  :)

If there is parking on the main streets of the neighborhood expect it be get packed quickly.  So that leaves everyone parking on the pseudo driveway like Montecito...forget Super Bowl parties/Turkey day/Xmas with families then.

toilets over the kitchens!

no windows around those kitchens, either.

how do they expect to get the FCBs to buy those lousy plans?

I like Plan 2 the most... elevations B and C looks like it has a larger porch.

Plan 3 is the biggest but it looks like it has the smallest upstairs space... no loft like Plan 2.

freedomcm said:
toilets over the kitchens!

no windows around those kitchens, either.

how do they expect to get the FCBs to buy those lousy plans?

Plan 3X--Master bedroom over the garage is a no no!

How much is a HOA?  Looks like the house has a driveway.  is it a condo or single family? 

irvinehomeowner said:
So these TayMo homes are above Lambert Ranch... is that a good location? Seems like it would be due to elevation.

There's not much elevation there. The homes are marginally higher than the homes at the Grove without much of a view, but NOT on a hill like the homes at The Hill at LR.

irvinehomeowner said:
So these TayMo homes are above Lambert Ranch... is that a good location? Seems like it would be due to elevation.
I thought there was nothing "above" Lambert Ranch.
I would think this is on the other side of Lambert hill, so you get a nice view of 241 and landfill?

Irvine_Dreamer said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I thought there was nothing "above" Lambert Ranch.
I would think this is on the other side of Lambert hill, so you get a nice view of 241 and landfill?

You are correct...definitely the northern border of Portola Springs is near the 241. And geographically speaking, these are the closest homes to the landfill in all of Irvine. Looks like they are right across the toll road from the old bee canyon access road. Of course there is a big hill between the toll road and the landfill, so you'll never see it....

Also I heard Portola Springs sits on top of an old Native American burial ground....so it's got that going for it too 

Back